Gaming soundtrack, music or theme thread

Super Castlevania Bros :)

:goodjob:

This is soundtrack of Chrono Trigger from Snes, this sound really hides many of my memories in each of its melodies. And impossibly touching..

Yasunori Mitsuda-At the Bottom of the Night

Link to video.

I tell you little secret, the reason most of peoples buy Sega in 90's is to play this game, suprisingly the game music also quite good in acapella version.

Sonic-Green Hill Zone

Link to video.

Sonic-Marble Zone

Link to video.

I never actually got round to playing it (got bored halfway through 2), but Xenosaga 3 has an amazing soundtrack. But then I am a Yuki Kajiura fanboy :p.

Never heard of her, judging from her works that you post, she seems similar like Akiko Shikata, more singer than really a music game composer, and I do like Akiko Shikata works, she is a genius, if you don't know her yet, I recommend you to check her works.

My favorite Amiga-era company, the french Delphine

The game that you played and mentions in other threads really bring up many of childhood memories, once you post a games by Sierra, I really don't know about this guys, but when I was a child I remember playing many computer games that is started by their logo, and I really found myself unable to play the game and progress to the next stage because I'm too little at that time to understand things, and that game have a zero or poor tutorial. Now I founds some of many of games that I play in childhood: Ecoquest and King quest. If only I play it 3-4 years older I think I can appreciate those adventure games.

Btw, this is another game music from me. This one is from Xenogear, the first and the best of Xenosaga's series (I don't know if they were connected or not, because I never have chance to play Xenosaga because I don't own ps2) the composer is Yasunori Mitsuda, title "June Mermaid", a very beautiful music:

Link to video.

Never heard of her, judging from her works that you post, she seems similar like Akiko Shikata, more singer than really a music game composer, and I do like Akiko Shikata works, she is a genius, if you don't know her yet, I recommend you to check her works.

There are some similarities from what I've heard of Shikata's work (mainly Umineko). Yuki Kajiura's not a singer though, and quite a lot of her work, particularly the stuff done as soundtracks, doesn't have one (well, she does backing vocals sometimes, but the lead is always someone else). And while she doesn't do much in the way of game soundtracks, she's done a lot of ones for TV shows and films. Noir, Kara No Kyoukai and Madoka would be good ones to check out if your interested. If you're more into "songs" as opposed to music, she done the songwriting for several groups - See-saw, FictionJunction and Kalafina, as well as the two Fiction albums released under her own name.

Anyway, back to the game music. VNs are games, right? If so, this thread needs more Emiya...

Link to video.

If you're more into "songs" as opposed to music, she done the songwriting for several groups - See-saw, FictionJunction and Kalafina, as well as the two Fiction albums released under her own name.

That's interesting, thank you for the reference, I will surely love to check it.

Btw this is one of my again favourite soundtrack, I don't quite finish the game because I get stuck and I'm being idealist not to use any walkthrough for my rpg game (backthen I always did that). Even though I never finished this game, but I often play the cd just to enjoy the opening music at the intro, whoever live's in 90's and love jrpg must have a piece of memory regarding this music:

Wild Arms-Into the Wilderness

Link to video.

Jaguar XJ220 for Commodore Amiga, Track 1, 'Moody Breeze':

Link to video.

@Kyriakos:

such a soothing melody, the best piano cover of the track so far, I couldn't found it if you not post it here because of the title. Yasunori Mitsuda really able to squeeze your heart with his music.

This is another soothing melody from Yasunori Mitsuda:

Xenogear-Shattering Egg of Dreams

Link to video.

Sticking with the visual novels, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni has a great soundtrack:

and of course, just for haroon, here's the opening:

Seriously good music, I like these one more than the previous post, thanks for sharing :goodjob:

a song from Europa Universalis 2-Todos los bienes

Link to video.

That is a real renacventist song. The lyrics are perfect for EU:

Todos los bienes del mundo
pasan presto y su memoria,
salvo la fama y la gloria.
El tiempo lleva los unos,
a otros fortuna y suerte.
y al cabo viene la muerte,
que no nos dexa ningunos.
La mejor y más ventura
pasa presto y su memoria,
La fama bive segura,
aunque se muera el dueño;
los otros bienes son sueño
y una çierta sepoltura.
La mejor y más ventura

It basically says that all richness and goods you can have in this world will be lost sonner or later and in any case when death comes, the only goods remainning forever being the fame and the glory you achieved in life.

That is a real renacventist song. The lyrics are perfect for EU:

El tiempo lleva los unos,
a otros fortuna y suerte.
y al cabo viene la muerte,
que no nos dexa ningunos.
La mejor y más ventura
La fama bive segura,
aunque se muera el dueño;
los otros bienes son sueño
y una çierta sepoltura.
La mejor y más ventura

It basically says that all richness and goods you can have in this world will be lost sonner or later and in any case when death comes, the only goods remainning forever being the fame and the glory you achieved in life.

thanks for the information, I noted that fama stand for fame, gloria stand for glory, memoria stand for memory. However following the lyrics while playing the son, I really confuse how they pronounce "y".

However can you help me? can you tell me what is the title of the song that play around 24:58 till 26:35? and have you ever spot anyone who upload this as video in youtube separately?

Link to video.

I love the whole EU2 soundtrack and medieval and renaissance music in general, (particularly the popular/profane kind). I have not idea about yours though, but you will find it among these ones:

Music up until 1500AD

JUCD3_17_Anonymous.mp3
Anonymous (Northern France, ca. 1200): Estampie. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD3_23_RosaBella.mp3
Dunstable, John (ca. 1380-1453): O Rosa Bella/Anon. (ca. 1470): Quadlibet: O Rosa Bella. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD3_26_DelEncina.mp3
del Encina, Juan (1469-1529?): Todos los bienes. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD3_5_Senfl.mp3
Senfl, Ludwig (ca. 1489-ca. 1543): Mit Lust. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD75_13_Anonymous.mp3
Anonymous (ca. 1480): Glogauer Liederbuch/Der Sonnen Glanz. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD75_18_Falalalan.mp3
Anonymous (ca. 1500): Falalalan. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
SPACD163_10_TristeEspana.mp3
del Encina, Juan: Triste España. Atrium Musicae de Madrid/Gregorio Paniagua.
SPACD163_27_hoffdantz.mp3
Judenkönig, Hans (1445-1526): Ain Spaniyelischer hoff dantz. Atrium Musica de Madrid/Gregorio Paniagua.
SPACD163_3_Danza.mp3
de la Torre, Francisco: Danza alta, sobre la Spagna. Atrium Musica de Madrid/Gregorio Paniagua.

Music 16th Century

JUCD3_15_Tielman.mp3
Susato, Tielman: From Danserye 1551/Basse Danse Entré du fol. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD3_2_Tielman.mp3
Susato, Tielman: Danserye/Ronde Il esoit une filette. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD3_5_Senfl.mp3
Senfl, Ludwig: Im Maien. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD3_8_Phalese.mp3
Phalèse, Pierre: Pavane sur la bataille (Antwerp, 1572). Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD75_10_Morley.mp3
Morley, Thomas (1557-ca. 1603): Now is the Gentle Season. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD75_2_In_dulci_jubilo.mp3
Petri collection (Greifswald, 1582): Piae Cantiones/in dulci jubilo. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD75_23_Santarello.mp3
Anonymous (Italy): Saltarello. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD75_31_Upsala.mp3
Cancionero de Upsala (Venice, ca. 1550): Rey Aquien. Joculatores Upsaliensis.
JUCD75_8_Vulpius.mp3
Vulpius, Melchior (ca. 1560-1615): Die beste Zeit. Joculatores Upsaliensis.

Music 17th Century

AHCD982_3.mp3
Couperin, Louis (ca. 1626-1661): Suite in A minor/partial. Asami Hirosawa.
FCCD799_16_Gigue.mp3
Corbetta, Francesco (1615-1681): Gigue. Jakob Lindberg.
FCCD799_8_Allemande.mp3
Corbetta, Francesco: Allemande. Jakob Lindberg.
JDCD_315_10_GeorgeWhitehead.mp3
Dowland, John (1563-1625): M. George Whitehead his Almand. The Dowland Consort.
JDCD_315_16_MistressNicholsAlmand.mp3
Dowland, John: Mistresse Nichols Almand. The Dowland Consort.
JDCD_315_21_NichoGryffith.mp3
Dowland, John: M. Nicho Gryfith his Galiard. The Dowland Consort.
SPACD163_31_Furioso.mp3
da Sarmoneta, Marco Fabritio Caroso: Furioso (La Spagna). Atrium Musica de Madrid.
SPACD163_9_Spagnioletta.mp3
Farnaby, Giles (1560-1620?): Spagnioletta. Atrium Musica de Madrid.
TTCD644_17.mp3
Selle, Thomas (1599-1663): Domine exaudi. Triton Trombone Quartet.
TTCD644_24.mp3
Cesare, Giovanni Martino (1590?-1667): Canzone La Bavara. Triton Trombone Quartet.
TTCD644_4.mp3
Scheidt, Samuel (1587-1654): Sonata in D minor. Triton Trombone Quartet.
HSCD831_17.mp3
Schütz, Heinrich (1585-1672): From Geistliche Chormusik. Bach Collegium Japan/Suzuki.
HSCD831_6.mp3
Schütz, Heinrich: From Geistliche Chormusik. Bach Collegium Japan/Suzuki.

Music 18th Century and very early 19th Century

VCD_275_3_Spring.mp3
Vivaldi, Antonio (1678-1741): From The Spring/Four Seasons. Nils Erik Sparf/Drottningholm Baroque Ens.
AHCD982_17.mp3
Couperin, Francois (1668-1733): Les Folies Francoises. Asami Hirosawa.
AHCD982_30.mp3
Couperin, Armand-Louis (1727-1789): La du Breüil. Asami Hirosawa.
SBCD1159_11.mp3
Bach, Johann Sebastian (1685-1750): Partita in A minor/Corrente. Sharon Bezaly.
TTCD644_10.mp3
van Beethoven, Ludwig (1770-1827): Three Aequale. Triton Trombone Quartet.
VCD_275_11_Autumn.mp3
Vivaldi, Antonio: From The Autumn/Four Seasons. Nils Erik Sparf/Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble.
VCD_275_11_Winter.mp3
Vivaldi, Antonio: From The Winter/Four Seasons. Nils Erik Sparf/Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble.
AHCD982_14.mp3
Couperin, Francois: L'engageante. Asami Hirosawa.
VCD_275_6_Summer.mp3
Vivaldi, Antonio: From The Summer/Four Seasons. Nils Erik Sparf/Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble.
1177\bis - 05 - Track 5.mp3
van Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B flat major/Adagio. Fumiko Shiraga/The Bremen String Soloists.
1177\bis - 06 - Track 6.mp3
van Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B flat major/Rondo. Fumiko Shiraga/The Bremen String Soloists.
1235\bis - 1235 - 01.mp3
Händel, Georg Friedrich (1685-1759): Gloria in Excelsis Deo. Emma Kirkby/ Royal Academy of Music.
1235\bis - 1235 - 03.mp3
Händel, Georg Friedrich: Laudamus te... Emma Kirkby/ Royal Academy of Music.
1235\bis - 1235 - 12.mp3
Händel, G. F.: Dixit Dominus/Juravit Dominus... Martinpelto/vonOtter/Stockholm Bach Choir/Drottningholm.
1235\ bis - 1235 - 15.mp3
Händel, G. F.: Dixit Dominus/De torrente... Martinpelto/vonOtter/Stockholm Bach Choir/Drottningholm Bar.
433\bis - 02 - Track 2.mp3
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus (1756-1791): String Quintet in B flat major K.V.174. The Orlando Quartet/Imai.
433\bis - 07 - Track 7.mp3
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus: String Quintet in C minor K.V.406. The Orlando Quartet/Nobuko Imai.
433\bis - 08 - Track 8.mp3
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus: String Quintet in C minor K.V.406. The Orlando Quartet/Nobuko Imai.
445\bis - 445 - 11.mp3
Bach, Johann Sebastian: Prelude in F minor BWV534. Hans Fagius.
445\bis - 445 - 16.mp3
Bach, Johann Sebastian: Prelude in A minor BWV543. Hans Fagius.

i would say it might be from 16th century or maybe 17th.

I love the whole EU2 soundtrack and medieval and renaissance music in general, (particularly the popular/profane kind). I have not idea about yours though, but you will find it among these ones:

i would say it might be from 16th century or maybe 17th.

I would say, I like almost all of the music and song in EU2, EU2 is the EU series that I most familiar with. I already bought EU 4 but until now I'm too lazy to learn it, and I really don't have time to play. This is the reason I like EU2 soundtrack more than EU3, because I play it more, and I have many memories with EU2, if only they just make the rebel reasonably less indomitable I consider to reply the game, but really the rebel is such a pain in EU2, EU3 rebel more reasonable. And thank you so much for the music list, it is very useful!

Back to music, this music is from breath of fire 2, my favourite jrpg, seriously this game is a gem, and the music for is so unbelievably beautiful.

The Wonder

Link to video.

Breath of fire 2-Sleeping Beauty

Link to video.

Breath of Fire II Battle Medley, Music covered:
The Fated Child
Cross Counter
I'll Do It
Clean Hit
Dying Corpse
Critical Moment
Lethal Dose