Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tacfun :)) just havin fun with ya since you keep wanting the American civ out. I figure we should take our real life UU and go play somewhere else :p lol..no, really just messing around. Your posts have been entertaining.
Beernuts, I hope so too, but good things usually take longer..might be why I am sorta slow?? lol Personally I am anxious to see the XPack
And lastly, Rhye.. is there a game engine issue forcing a limit to civs? I am working on setting up my own mod as well, and in the setup stage have 36 civs, but have not set up enough to test, so unsure if it is limited now after reading these posts.
Ron

Reason I ask about number of civs is that in PTW I know DYP mod had added more civs than were actually possible in the actual PTW..included civs such as Tibetan, Sioux, Siam, etc... Anyhow, just wondering if the issue is just the idea of finding all the UU/leaderheads/city lists(time issue) or is it something that is an actual requirement? Thanks

Thanks tacfun..post when your mod comes, should be a good one too.
Ron

I have actually scaped it and redesigning it. Im more experimenting with things right now. Then I will put into mod.

tacfun

Good work, Rhye! I have only played this mod since I discovered it - some months ago. I just want to say that it is a fantastic mod. Regarding the Civs, I like your idea for 2.6 better. About the discovery of the Americas, 1350 AD is good. Christoffer Columbus discovered it in 1492 and Leif den Lykkelige around 1000 AD, so 1350 AD is within the limits - so to speak.

Khift said:
The problem I have with the idea of people considering America to be simply an extension of England is that America forcefully removed itself from England's rule. I find it fairly suspect to call America and England one and the same under the Civ perspective when England has no direct pull on America's government, and the two are most certainly separate.
As I said, I'm very well aware the two nations are seperate... It's just that throughout history they have worked together on the grand scale and so having them as one nation in Civ wouldn't disallow them from acting the way they did in history...
But I am starting to agree that it makes sense to remove the Byz and add Poland... And since there's nobody really urgent to add instead of America, there's no need to remove them just yet.

Three_Crowns said:
Good work, Rhye! I have only played this mod since I discovered it - some months ago. I just want to say that it is a fantastic mod. Regarding the Civs, I like your idea for 2.6 better. About the discovery of the Americas, 1350 AD is good. Christoffer Columbus discovered it in 1492 and Leif den Lykkelige around 1000 AD, so 1350 AD is within the limits - so to speak.

Thank you. And vote please!

In my last game America was discovered by the Greeks in 1480. I'd like to know from you all the date with the new patch. If strange dates never happen, I'll remove the 500 turns version.

dont worry rhye, i still think your rule completely...

but you wrote Insreal in the intro to 2.6, just thought id let ya know ;)

Blasphemous said:
As I said, I'm very well aware the two nations are seperate... It's just that throughout history they have worked together on the grand scale and so having them as one nation in Civ wouldn't disallow them from acting the way they did in history...
But I am starting to agree that it makes sense to remove the Byz and add Poland... And since there's nobody really urgent to add instead of America, there's no need to remove them just yet.
It makes even more sense now that I think about it. When you play Rhye's mod, do you ever remember the Byzantines having an empire that looked like the historical Byzantine empire? No? That's because they're surrounded by people that they had conquered back when they were still Rome. In order for the Byzantines to look like they did historcally, we'd have to remove the Greeks, at the very least. And just that's asking way too much.

ok...is there a record in the most post for a scenario? :D

Can someone tell me how to unregister or unsubcribe to this post and i have no idea how i registered in the first place.

:vomit: and i like this smiley.

Khift said:
It makes even more sense now that I think about it. When you play Rhye's mod, do you ever remember the Byzantines having an empire that looked like the historical Byzantine empire? No? That's because they're surrounded by people that they had conquered back when they were still Rome. In order for the Byzantines to look like they did historcally, we'd have to remove the Greeks, at the very least. And just that's asking way too much.
I have made an accurate Byzantine Empire when playing as them. ;)

I wouldn't remove them because they're so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom