Wonders the same between Civ5 and G&K???

neobugs

Chieftain
hi, i would like to know if the national and world wonder are the same in civ5 and civ5 god and king???

im asking because i see that the wonder below is disappear when other civ have done it, like it suppose to be with national wonder:

temple of artemis
hanging gardens
stonehenge

i dont know if theres other, but the three above is on the world wonder in the site here (http://www.civfanatics.com/civ5/worldwonders)

if they are not the same, does anyone has the correct list?

tx

I am not sure I understand you fully, but you seem to mix up national and world wonders.

World wonders (extensive list) can only be built by one Civ. If you couldn't build it in time but want it afterwards, you need to conquer the city that has built the wonder. The three you listed are world wonders and hence they are gone from your build list if someone else has built it.

National Wonders (such as Hermitage, National Treasury, etc. - Wonders that have a prerequisite of "build X in all cities") can be built by each and every Civ.

And as for the same before and after: G&K added some new wonders, but the functionality between world and national wonders is still the same.

Those 3 wonders are World Wonders, if they have greyed out or are completely gone from your production cue/available list then they have been built by another civ(one per game) or you are building them in another city(greyed out).

Are you having the confusion that national wonders(which can be have 1 per civ) will disappear from your list as well? They will not until YOU build one. You question is kinda mixed up.

Rephrase what you want to know.:crazyeye:

Not sure what you intended, but to answer the title, there have been a couple of subtle changes to existing wonders, for example Macchu Picchu now gives some faith etc. Mostly they are the same, and there are some new wonders as well.

And G&K (the lastest patch) added National Temple as a new National Wonder (build temples in all cities).

ok im sorry i think the text in top of each page have confused me, it this write like this in this page:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ5/nationalwonders

'National Wonders are buildings that are limited to one per civilization' <-- so i assume that if a civ build it, no one else can build it

and on the other page there is no such mentionne:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ5/worldwonders

so i was think that the world wonder can be build by any civ at any time (because it is not mentionned).

i think that in the world wonder page, it is better to tell that this Wonder can be build by only one civ

so if i clearly understand now:
the national wonder can be build in any of civilization, but can only be build one time in each civ

and the world wonder can be build by just one civ and disappear for all the other, but is that mean that if i build it first i can after build it more than one time?

so if this is the true, is there a way to know if another civ have started a world wonder??

because sometime is very frustrating when i just miss one or few turn and i lost it because other civ have built it, especially when i need more than 20 or 30 turn to do it

tx 4 your help and time

All the wonders that were in Vanilla are in G&K as are the DLC if you got it; but the ones granting a free great person have a minor nerf in G&K compared to vanilla.
On the other side, it seems happiness isn't quite as much a problem in G&K than in Vanilla; so that slightly boosts the food producing ones.

ok im sorry i think the text in top of each page have confused me, it this write like this in this page:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ5/nationalwonders

'National Wonders are buildings that are limited to one per civilization' <-- so i assume that if a civ build it, no one else can build it

and on the other page there is no such mentionne:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ5/worldwonders

so i was think that the world wonder can be build by any civ at any time (because it is not mentionned).

i think that in the world wonder page, it is better to tell that this Wonder can be build by only one civ

so if i clearly understand now:
the national wonder can be build in any of civilization, but can only be build one time in each civ

and the world wonder can be build by just one civ and disappear for all the other, but is that mean that if i build it first i can after build it more than one time?

so if this is the true, is there a way to know if another civ have started a world wonder??

because sometime is very frustrating when i just miss one or few turn and i lost it because other civ have built it, especially when i need more than 20 or 30 turn to do it

tx 4 your help and time

You have the definitions for world and national wonders correct, yes.

If you finish a world wonder before anyone else, you cannot build it again later. There can only be one of each world wonder in the ENTIRE world - that's why they are called "world" wonders! Additionally, if the city with the wonder is captured by another civ, that civ gains the wonder benefits and the only way to get it back is to re-take that city.

If you have a spy in an enemy city, they have a chance to notify you if the enemy is building a wonder in that city. Otherwise, no there is no way to know. It's a intended part of the game - wonders are a huge benefit, but they're also a big risk if someone else beats you to it and you waste all those turns. You need to decide carefully whether you want to go for a world wonder or not.

Actually, in addition to having a spy in the city, if you have an embassy in another civ's capital you can view the surrounding tiles (or, if you have open borders, you can send a unit right up to the city). You can't go into the City View screen, but the surrounding tiles may show a partially constructed world wonder (stonehenge, the pyramids and machu pichu are easiest to spot--others take a bit more practice to recognize). By this technique you may be able to see whether the AI has started the wonder, but won't be able to see precisely how many turns it has left to completion (a spy can provide that detailed information).

Top Bottom