Civ V Hot fix released

ragan651

High Regent of Candlewick
The hot fix is now live on Steam.

Hot-Fix Patch Notes

[CRASH]
  • DX9 Range-strike crash. A city-strike or ranged unit could cause the game to crash when playing in the DX9 version, mainly in full-screen, but could occur in windowed mode as well.
  • DX9 Cascading graphics failure crash. On certain video cards, after playing for a short amount of time (or across a number of short games), the game could exhibit strange graphical behavior (rapidly blinking graphics, terrain unloading, etc.), which could eventually lead to a driver failure or hang.
  • DX9 multiple start crash. Fixed an issue where the DX9 version of the game could become unstable or crash if started multiple times in the same session.

[BUG]
  • Auto-Annex, no pop-ups bug. Fixed an issue that was causing the pop-up queue to stop displaying in-game pop-ups until the game was reloaded. NOTE: The cause of this could also exist in existing mods. Please see our note at the bottom of the change-list on how modders can correct this.
  • Mod constant reload. Fixed an issue causing mods to constantly reload each time the user visited the mods area. Could also cause modded saves to be corrupted or crash on load.
  • Denmark Trait not working. Fixed an issue causing Denmark’s trait (allows disembarked units to have an extra move after landing) to not function correctly.
  • Inefficient Pathfinder issue. Fixed multiple issues with the pathfinder that was causing units to exhibit inefficient movement choices.
  • Exploding workboat graphic. Fixed an issue where the Workboat model exhibited graphical corruption.
  • Grey terrain/checker-boarding. Fixed an issue on slower video cards where terrain displayed in large quantities, or with rapid draws (like clicking rapidly around the mini-map), could cause the game to unload the terrain system, resulting in large amounts of checkerboards.

[OPTIMIZATION]
  • Multiple Terrain optimizations.

[MODDING NOTE]
  • Modders need to ensure they are calling the SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed event immediately with pop-ups.

Here's an example from the ReligionOverview.lua, changes are in red.

Code:
Code:
function ShowHideHandler( bIsHide, bInitState )
    if( not bInitState ) then
        if( not bIsHide ) then
                UI.incTurnTimerSemaphore();  
                Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupShown(g_PopupInfo);                 
                TabSelect(g_CurrentTab);
        else
[COLOR="Red"]            if(g_PopupType ~= nil) then
             Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed.CallImmediate(g_PopupInfo.Type, 0);
            end[/COLOR]
            UI.decTurnTimerSemaphore();
        end
    end
end
ContextPtr:SetShowHideHandler( ShowHideHandler );

Patch notes: http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?187636-Hot-Fix-Patch-Notes

I guess that i will be able to play under DX9 again...well not really...DX11 is working much better for mp games since the last patch. Screw DX9! :p

Is it just me or are the devs for Civ a step above the rest? In my current library of games that sorely require updates, civ is the only one that has attempted to improve and improve on a consistent level since 2010.

Whenever I find bugs, I feel like I can't even get that mad. I don't know, maybe I'm just in a good mood

just got the hotfix. what a nice surprise. So what is included in the hotfix? anyone know?

EDIT: duh, don't worry, just looked at OP again and saw the link :cringe:

Sorry the grey patch bug is still there I just was playing babylon I seen grey terrain after the hot fix was installed.

It`s just a hot fix, which means something very small was fixed very quickly (hotly). Not everything. I wouldn`t get excited.

Problem is ... what was fixed?

Is it just me or are the devs for Civ a step above the rest? In my current library of games that sorely require updates, civ is the only one that has attempted to improve and improve on a consistent level since 2010.

Whenever I find bugs, I feel like I can't even get that mad. I don't know, maybe I'm just in a good mood

Shogun 2 receives regular updates here. Not as frequent, massive and efficient as Civ, but its devs obviously trying to improve their game with fix patchs nevertheless.

The frequent patchs are the sole reason I keep coming back to Civ, buying its (overpriced) DLCs/expansion since I'm sure the game s only gotten better since the last time I logged in.

Sorry the grey patch bug is still there I just was playing babylon I seen grey terrain after the hot fix was installed.

What you are seeing is most likely not that bug. Grey tiles will still be seen where terrain textures are loading. You can minimize this by making a change in your graphicssettings ini (I believe it's called Minimize Grey Tiles). Right now, for the benefit of faster video cards, the terrain waits to page in until the camera stops moving, making camera scrolling much smoother. On slower cards, this can be distracting for users, so by making the change to the ini file noted above, you can change it back to the old way, where it pages in while the camera is still moving. It's less smooth this way, but some people prefer it.

I've been playing for a few hours now, and no graphical corruption. :goodjob:

Top Bottom