Steam sale: All of Civ V articles, Gods and Kings included, 75% off

elprofesor

Pluri-editing poster
For the next 47h, all of civ V articles are 75% off on the Steam shop. Seems like a good moment to pick up G&K if you haven't already; it's 7.5€ for us Europeans.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/16870/

EDIT: sale has ended.

I guess I might as well get that last korean pack since it`s the only one I don`t have. At 74p I can`t pass that up.

Thanks for the heads up.

Still don`t like mandatory-Steam though.

Thanks; $7.49 seems a decent price to me.
Note: Amazon has that same price for the Mac download (but not the PC)

Thanks; $7.49 seems a decent price to me.
Note: Amazon has that same price for the Mac download (but not the PC)

Just FYI, you can buy that Mac download, plug the key into Steam and, thanks to Steamplay, it'll update your PC game. That's what I did last week.

For americans it costs 5.50, seems like a dumb question but why is it always more expensive for the Europeans?

The Steam Store currently shows $7.50 for me. Where are you getting $5.50?

Anyway, there are many reasons for different prices in different regions. It's probably best not to get into it, though. Non-US people tend to get mad 'cuz they're paying more. :p

Likely because they want to cover the inherent risk of selling wares in a foreign currency (they aren't going to pay their employees with euros, now are they?), not to mention the conversion costs. It does get somewhat absurd, sometimes, especially with Steam's dollar-to-pound conversion rate...

The Steam Store currently shows $7.50 for me. Where are you getting $5.50?

Anyway, there are many reasons for different prices in different regions. It's probably best not to get into it, though. Non-US people tend to get mad 'cuz they're paying more. :p

Maybe he meant 5.5 Euros if someone in Europe used the American version of Amazon for Mac; $7.50 is close to that in Euros

Likely because they want to cover the inherent risk of selling wares in a foreign currency (they aren't going to pay their employees with euros, now are they?), not to mention the conversion costs. It does get somewhat absurd, sometimes, especially with Steam's dollar-to-pound conversion rate...

There`s no reason why Europeans should pay more. It`s pure greed - and a little bit of politics.

Yes, I`m British. thankfully, 74p (for the Korean thing) is almost nothing even by our standards or I wouldn`t buy it.

There`s no reason why Europeans should pay more. It`s pure greed - and a little bit of politics.

Yes, I`m British. thankfully, 74p (for the Korean thing) is almost nothing even by our standards or I wouldn`t buy it.

74p is $1.18 right now, so you're actually getting it cheaper than the US. We're paying $1.24.

Anyway, you're wrong. The cost of doing business in one country might be higher than in another. That includes labor costs, shipping costs (for physical items), bandwidth costs, fees, taxes, etc. Beyond that, there's simple supply and demand. If the standard price for a game in the EU is 50 Euro and players are willing to pay that price, then that's the price that the publishers will set. The fact that US players are only willing to pay $50 USD is irrelevant. Two different markets, two different prices.

Oh man, and here I bought them both for full price.

In any case, they are on a 75% off sale on Steam until EOD tomorrow, November 26th.

Not sure if this pertains to only USA.

Regards,

Marc

Moderator Action: Merged with the other thread about the sale.

So what's the go with the DLC's? Any better ones or are they all basically the same? Any of the new civs have cool UU/UB/UA? Do they work in well with just normal games (i.e the ancient wonders etc are avail in vanilla/G&K games?)

First time I've bought DLC (other than expansion pack). 4 new civs for £3, seems roughly worth it.

eh, i decided to add the Explorers Map Pack. I hear some of the maps are pretty decent and for $1.24 I dont mind.

i have most dlc but I still have no interest in the Cradles, even for $2.50 bundled together.

Thanks for the tip! Some of the DLC didn't greatly appeal to me (Polynesia, explorer's map pack), so I have not bought them yet, but when it gets so cheap that my average lunch costs me more, I guess I give them a try and buy them...

Thanks for the tip! Some of the DLC didn't greatly appeal to me (Polynesia, explorer's map pack), so I have not bought them yet, but when it gets so cheap that my average lunch costs me more, I guess I give them a try and buy them...

I say Polynesia is more than worth it. They add a lot to the immersion of the game (says the guy with the polynesia avatar)

Top Bottom