Artwork Request

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

The CBP is coming along quite well, however I'd like to issue a community request for artwork for the new religious national wonders and buildings. If anyone would like to help with that, I'd greatly appreciate it! Let me know below if you would like to help and which buildings you are going to work on, so as not to duplicate the work of someone else.

Thanks!
G

I should be able to do some stuff, just trying to catch up with the changes from the last month or so.

Real Life(TM) swamped me with work the last two months, but I got a bit of free time again (and a need to unwind by making pretty stuff). :)

I should be able to do some stuff, just trying to catch up with the changes from the last month or so.

Real Life(TM) swamped me with work the last two months, but I got a bit of free time again (and a need to unwind by making pretty stuff). :)

Awesome! I've been busy as of late as well, but I hope to dive back in later this month.
G

Had some time to work on a church icon, not quite happy with it somehow, but here's a look - suggestions are welcome:
Spoiler :

I like it! What do you not like about it?
I'm happy enough with the way it looks, I'm just not entirely sure it conveys "church". If it reads "church" to other people, I'm happy enough. :)

Also, I'm starting to think I'm overusing the gold-to-blue gradient in my icons, but that's just because I saw the gallery during the upload. ;)

I'm happy enough with the way it looks, I'm just not entirely sure it conveys "church". If it reads "church" to other people, I'm happy enough. :)

Also, I'm starting to think I'm overusing the gold-to-blue gradient in my icons, but that's just because I saw the gallery during the upload. ;)

The gold-to-blue looks nice, though, especially at smaller sizes. Holds the contrast well. I'll implement this in the next build of the mod (and yes, the mod is still active! I'm just in and out of my 'two months away from modding' period).

G

FWIW, I threw together a couple of icons for the Stupa and Grand Ossuary.

EDIT: Hm... As much as I like the contrast, I think I'm going to brighten the background of the Stupa considerably.
EDIT #2: That's a bit better.

Attachments

• GrandOssuary.png
    GrandOssuary.png
    259 KB · Views: 145
  • Stupa.png
    Stupa.png
    259 KB · Views: 121
FWIW, I threw together a couple of icons for the Stupa and Grand Ossuary.

EDIT: Hm... As much as I like the contrast, I think I'm going to brighten the background of the Stupa considerably.
EDIT #2: That's a bit better.

Snazzy! I'll add these to the next version. I'm finally back in town (again), and should hopefully push out a new version of the CBP this week. The CEP-tranisition team has gone AWOL, so I'm going to try to pick up where they left off.
G

And another one, the Mandir this time:
Spoiler :

NOTE: Updated version in post #18

It might be a little bit "bright" - I think it works, but I haven't tested it in-game, so if it doesn't look good/a bit off, I might revise it down the line.

Here's a couple more for the Basilica and Synagogue.

You didn't actually copy the list of buildings you were requesting. I've copied it here for good measure:
Faith-purchase Buildings:

*Church
*Mandir
*Order (as in Teutonic Knights)
*Stupa
*Synagogue

Faith-purchase National Wonders:

*Basilica
Divine Court
*Grand Ossuary
*Great Altar
*Heavenly Throne
*Holy Coucil
*Reliquary
*Sacred Garden

Attachments

• Synagogue.png
    Synagogue.png
    259 KB · Views: 94
  • Basilica.png
    Basilica.png
    259 KB · Views: 82
And let's keep going - here's the (Teutonic) Order (based on a photo of Malbork Castle):
Spoiler :

NOTE: Updated version in post #18

Nutty, I really like your icon for the synagogue and that's a neat take on the ossuary (I've been wracking my head over how to do it and came up with nothing)! In case you're looking for criticism/tips: I think the backgrounds of the stupa and the basilica could be a bit brighter and vibrant - perhaps try using a gradient (whether a change in brightness or colour) to liven it up a little bit?

Also, Nutty, what are you going to do next - just to avoid toe stepping?

Here's some alternatives for the Basilica (with which I'm still not happy) and Stupa, as well as the Reliquary and Great Altar.

Attachments

• Basilica2.png
    Basilica2.png
    259 KB · Views: 66
  • Stupa2.png
    Stupa2.png
    259 KB · Views: 119
  • Reliquary.png
    Reliquary.png
    259 KB · Views: 102
  • GreatAltar.png
    GreatAltar.png
    259 KB · Views: 71
I've re-tooled the Mandir and Order a little bit, cleaned up bits and tweaked some colours, I like them much more now:
Spoiler :

Also, finally found a good source image for the sacred garden and turned it into an icon. Busier than I usually like, but I just feel this one works well and stands out well enough at smaller sizes, too:
Spoiler :

NOTE: Alternative version in post #26, have a look!

Going to work on the Heavenly Throne next. Nutty, if you're unhappy with the Basilica, I wouldn't mind having a stab at it as well - up to you. :)

PS: Can I suggest renaming stuff? Heavenly Throne -> Celestial Throne and Basilica -> Apostolic Palace?

Also, finally found a good source image for the sacred garden and turned it into an icon. Busier than I usually like, but I just feel this one works well and stands out well enough at smaller sizes, too:
Spoiler :
Looks like the Led Zeppelin Stairway to heaven cover art :D

PS: Can I suggest renaming stuff? Heavenly Throne -> Celestial Throne and Basilica -> Apostolic Palace?
Agreed, especially if the CEP Byzantine UB gets ported since it's also called Basilica.

Top Bottom