[CiV Maps] Kerfuffle's Coffee and Cartography

I could really use some help with the map for our upcoming Squamish mod. I have some source images I can send you if that'll help. Your Croatia map is incredible, btw.

One thing - there doesn't seem to be a drop shadow effect (or at least much of one) under the land in the map - it really makes a lot of difference. Other than that, fantastic work!

(Also, just because I can - don't suppose you could try your hand at a Mercia map? Just for no particular reason, you know. :p)

Sweet! We definitely need a map for Greenland.

Spoiler :

I guess just exclude the Early Voyages and Europe for the most part, but it should serve as a good guide.

I could really use some help with the map for our upcoming Squamish mod. I have some source images I can send you if that'll help. Your Croatia map is incredible, btw.

Hm, I don't know too much about the Squamish so any images would be great as reference. And ty! I had lots of fun with the Croatia map, albeit the islands of Dalmatia was quite some work :crazyeye:

One thing - there doesn't seem to be a drop shadow effect (or at least much of one) under the land in the map - it really makes a lot of difference. Other than that, fantastic work!

I tried doing that for Croatia's map, but I'll see if I can make it clearer in future maps. Thanks for the feedback!

(Also, just because I can - don't suppose you could try your hand at a Mercia map? Just for no particular reason, you know. :p)

Sure thing :lol:. Is there a particular time period or leader you have in mind? (You can pm that info to me if you don't exactly want to reveal that yet)

Sweet! We definitely need a map for Greenland.
---
I guess just exclude the Early Voyages and Europe for the most part, but it should serve as a good guide.

Awesome, I've been looking forward to Greenland. Been keeping track of it on the CL thread :D This one may take a while longer than the others since I have different ideas for the map floating around in my head already.

---

As a general note: If you've also decided your civ colours, it'll help a lot with taking a direction when making the maps, so please do message me the colour codes. Thanks in advance :D

Here's that source material for the Squamish (thanks so much for doing this):

@ldvhl: I've made some progress with the map for the Squamish. I've been fiddling around with the bg textures so it doesn't conflict too much with the patterns and I've also been trying to make sure that the territory pops out a bit so it doesn't look too blended with the background as well.

I'll post the most worked on version I have for some feedback and/or suggestions (I feel it looks a bit too sci-fi atm :lol:). I can also post some of the earlier files if you want to take a look at them as well (there's some tweaks and stuff that may look better than the current version and I can continue developing those ones if you like).

Anyways, the early version of the map is now up for revision:

Looks really good! I also found this topographical map that could help add some texture/river location info:

Hi Kerfuffle,

the maps looks great. Would you be interested in doing a map for my upcoming Nuragic civilization (ancient Sardinia) mod.
I have a good reference map if you're interested.

Looks really good! I also found this topographical map that could help add some texture/river location info:

edit: you already have rivers and I am an idiot.

@Danmacsch: Sure thing! This'll probably be the last request I take on for now since the next two weeks will be quite busy for me (an assessment re-submission and an independent project with only 2-3 weeks to actually finish it :cry:)

@ldvhl: Actually, I seemed to have missed some stuff on the right-hand side and to the northern area of the map, so ty :lol:

OP has been updated with the previous versions of the Squamish map. I'm not sure if I should go with the white on red or black on red for the territorial boundaries.
Also, as much as I like the look of the Thunderbird in the background, it may be a bit redundant with it already being inside the borders. Some clarity is also lost on the folded paper texture (which is why it's removed in the newer version). Some of the issues can be fixed by carrying over effects from the current one to older ones though.

I'll continue working on the current version as is, tidying up the drop shadow effect, adding text, fiddling with paper textures, etc etc.

Man, I could never ever do anything this level of quality. Thanks for doing this map!

Love your maps. Maybe when you're free i could ask you to make a map for Singapore.

Aaaaaand I'm finally done with Uni-related work, that was quite a hellish month. My timetable's finally cleared up so I can start working on these again (though this time I hope the tutors don't dump a boat load of work over our heads a few weeks in like they did last time :cry:)

As for the map with the Squamish, I've gone back and brightened it up a little to make things a bit clearer and added the sensitive area that was missing.

EDIT: Larger resolution version for DoM screens:

Next up, Mercia!

Welcome back :)

Out of curiosity which Uni are you at in Sydney?

Out of curiosity which Uni are you at in Sydney?

I attend UTS and just finished my first year in animation. It's so convenient that the design building's just 5 mins from central since I always leave home 30 mins before class, always barely making it on time :lol:

Just came to say you make very good maps!

Nice colour composition and I like that you used a leaf as a texture for the Squamish map.

Keep it up! :D

Thanks for the encouragement! :D
Spoiler :
Though, the leaf texture was actually meant to be paper folds, but I guess it works either way :lol:

Also, I just totally realised there is such a thing as DoM screens and need to make larger resolutions for the maps :S

Top Bottom