SGOTM 15 - Xteam

Not sure what's so great about WEs. :confused:

I would like to see more trebs in the build queue. :)

Htadus, good job pulling a lot of discussions together into a concise plan. Easy to follow, even for a road warrior :goodjob:. My only comment from afar.... IIRC we have a solid number of seige units to the west. However, we need to expect to seriously depleat the cat forces while grinding his stack, then lose some trebs taking cities. You might want to consider including a couple more trebs in the buildout to compensate. First round of unit builds should be slow movers, save any HAs you decide to build for second round.

Not sure what's so great about WEs. :confused:
They are the only units other than cats can hurt stacks with both maces and knights
I would like to see more trebs in the build queue. :)
Agree and have added to the build order.

For the Knights in Hammu's stacks.
Would like to see more too, but he is running out of cities to build stuff in. ;)
No more true words were ever spoken. I am complying. thanks for the catch guys.

Htadus, good job pulling a lot of discussions together into a concise plan. Easy to follow, even for a road warrior :goodjob:. My only comment from afar.... IIRC we have a solid number of seige units to the west. However, we need to expect to seriously depleat the cat forces while grinding his stack, then lose some trebs taking cities. You might want to consider including a couple more trebs in the buildout to compensate. First round of unit builds should be slow movers, save any HAs you decide to build for second round.

What did you three do, have a conferance call? Realy solid catch guys. Thanks.

I am tired to night but I want to play this turn. I will be back with news for 1 turn......I hope.....you know that 1 more turn thingy.

Sorry, I got carried away and played 3 turns instead. We just captured Alexandria at the cost of a Treb and HA. We will have enough WA in about 3 turns to DoW on Hammy. Oh yeah for the moment he is paying us 9gpt for gems. In about 5 turns, I would say we can have Giza. With some minor risks and whips, i am sure I can capture Illionis at the same turn too. What do you think? lets do it.

We are at peace with the Persians. As expected they moved on to the grasshill west of Patali(their seige were CR promoted) Then they immidiately moved back to Babylon. They are slowly heading home.

I am possitive the following attachment shows Hammy's main stack. I am going to try to use the spy to destroy the road that can stop all hammys single movement units.

Here is the interim save for VIewing.

Oh yeah, can I settle the newest GG in Patali? Already built a super healer chariot for the west.

BTW I am really excited about the size of this stack. My armies are usually a fraction of this, :D

Attachments

• Stack1.JPG
    Stack1.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Peace.JPG
    Peace.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Stack2.JPG
    Stack2.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Gandhi AD-1170.CivBeyondSwordSave
    355.8 KB · Views: 33
Sorry, I got carried away and played 3 turns instead. We just captured Alexandria at the cost of a Treb and HA. Nicely done. We will have enough WA in about 3 turns to DoW on Hammy. Oh yeah for the moment he is paying us 9gpt for gems. In about 5 turns, I would say we can have Giza. With some minor risks and whips, i am sure I can capture Illionis at the same turn too. What do you think? lets do it. Why wouldn't we? After the WE in PiR, you could build wealth and keep our economy in the black significantly longer.

I am possitive the following attachment shows Hammy's main stack. I am going to try to use the spy to destroy the road that can stop all hammys single movement units. He has two workers 2N of Opis and one NNE. Are you sure it's worth the spy even if you are successful?

Here is the interim save for VIewing. Oh, my! Ten knights, several of them with flanking, not to mention 4 WEs, 3 trebs, 5 cats, maces, crosses, etc. All of them readily available. What about trying the lure-them-in gambit again?

Oh yeah, can I settle the newest GG in Patali? Already built a super healer chariot for the west. Okay.

BTW I am really excited about the size of this stack. My armies are usually a fraction of this, :D
Ham has almost the same number of non-siege units available locally that we do, and his units are better. The WEs you're producing wiil give us a slight edge in numbers; nonetheless, concerned that we will not have much left if Ham is allowed to strike the first blow.

We just captured Alexandria at the cost of a Treb and HA.
:clap:
In about 5 turns, I would say we can have Giza. With some minor risks and whips, i am sure I can capture Illionis at the same turn too. What do you think? lets do it.
It would be nice to have Giza before the next vote, just to be sure not to have to defy on that account. (Though I'm not sure this is relevant because we'll probably be defying the "Stop the war against Babylon" resolution soon.) If Illionis is not infected by Buddhism you don't have to take unnecessary risks. :)

The war against Hammu.... hmm.... it looks interesting. :mischief:

I like the building of the fort. ;)

Ya. Good start Htadus. :goodjob:

Hammy looks like a .... um .... a challenge.

But we're going to have to bring him down sometime and I don't think he's going to get easier as time goes on. Onward! For death and glory! (And hopefully victory as well! :D) Might be worth a little thinking on the best way to get rid of that Babylonian stack... Luring him into our area to a chosen killing ground appeals, but that takes time. It goes against the method I like best of declaring and collecting a city in the first turn or two of the war... ;)

Enjoy the size of the western army Htadus - until Hammy reduces it for you! :rolleyes:

All speed in Egypt please!

:goodjob: Nice start.
Just remember, No more turns. :mischief:

Think CP may be right about trying to lure in Hammu's stack. May need some more cats to effectively deal with them?

Getting closer to CoL's. :thumbsup:

Ok, lets lure them in. I see another advantage of luring them in to our area; delay Unit supply cost.

Ok then in 2 turns. We will DoW Hammy. Before that, our dear Deer forest will be chopped. No overall hammer loss btw. We just pop another iron in that city.

I will place about 11-12 anti mounted units on the grass hill mine to west of Patali. Leave enough units in the city and poll back all the seige units. DoW. Their movements should end in our border due to slow units. I think 3 collateral cats can take the lead.

(BTW, I am rethinking HE due to Thebes having Buddhist religion, we are better off building HE in Patali since it will not suffer AP defy unhappiness. So back to the original suggestion?)

Giza is the priority but it does not need many units. I will whip a fresh whip from thebes for Giza and another treb else where for Illinois. Split the forces favoring the Giza stack.

So I will continue tonight.

Where can I go to attend one of those meetings, leif?

Ok, lets lure them in. I see another advantage of luring them in to our area; delay Unit supply cost. Also, no war weariness cost defending our territory.

Ok then in 2 turns. We will DoW Hammy. Before that, our dear Deer forest will be chopped. No overall hammer loss btw. We just pop another iron in that city. Makes sense.

I will place about 11-12 anti mounted units on the grass hill mine to west of Patali. Leave enough units in the city and poll back all the seige units. DoW. Their movements should end in our border due to slow units. I think 3 collateral cats can take the lead. Hope that's enough. Sometimes they don't even damage a knight. Given the lure-them-in strategy, you probably want to build more, not just for immediate use but for replacement. I used five against a weaker stack and was glad I had them.

(BTW, I am rethinking HE due to Thebes having Buddhist religion, we are better off building HE in Patali since it will not suffer AP defy unhappiness. So back to the original suggestion?) Then the GG in Pat is even better.

Giza is the priority but it does not need many units. I will whip a fresh whip from thebes for Giza and another treb else where for Illinois. Split the forces favoring the Giza stack. Yes. You might sacrifice a worker to go check on IL defenders.

So I will continue tonight.
Good here.

Ok, lets lure them in.
:thumbsup:
(BTW, I am rethinking HE due to Thebes having Buddhist religion, we are better off building HE in Patali since it will not suffer AP defy unhappiness. So back to the original suggestion?)
:thumbsup:

I would micro a few cities for faster growth and sell some pigs to Cyrus for 6gpt.
May be some of the other trade deals should be renegotiated. :)

:hammer: Go Htadus! :viking:

It would be fun to attend one of those meetings, wouldn't it? :lol:
Get to see Sid. :bowdown:

Care to try the Civ5 version (almost the same cast, just a little older). I love Edna. :love:

Link to video.

Oh ya, out to perform a haka in the woods for the roaming turkeys nearby. :sniper:

No kidding, we had three of four males in the backyard a week or so ago strutting their stuff. The females all seemed to ignore them? :dunno:

They are cool to watch though.

I played upto T184.

Captured the Last 2 Egyption Cities and Got Lit for peace.

I held back for few turns letting units to gather in west and DoWed Babylon.

His stack came in and parked NW of Patali. That turn (183) We lost about 7 cats and maybe 3 WE. After losing 2 XB I stapped attacking and ended turn.

On turn 184 His stack is no more.

I am sorry but I did take a risk and Teched CoL to coincide with Egyption Peace. Mm'ed the econmy to avoid strikes. All the Egyption cities are building CH's and we know why the AI are teching well due to Egyption World Map. CH's will be whipped in these cities.

Patali will build HE in 4 turns and we got another GG. What do we want to do with him?

Here is the save. I can either play a few turns or hand it over tomorrow.

I need to sleep. Oh yeah, I choose Drama as the next tech since I believe GTheater will be very usefull for some major whipping or production. Thesbes may be an option in this case. Run it on food maximized to max and then convert tiles to hammer improvements.

Also I tried to renegotiate a resource deal with shaka and ended up loosing the entire deal when his available gold went from 3 to 0 after I cancelled the 7 gpt deal. Oh well.

Attachments

• Gandhi AD-1240.CivBeyondSwordSave
    371.9 KB · Views: 47
Two more nice cities. :goodjob:

- and two quick questions:
1) Did you just have a vote?
2) What did Hammus stack look like? :crazyeye:

:goodjob: Htadus.

Had some time this morning to count tiles, quickly, so numbers may not be exact. ;)
Did not count mountain or coastal tiles as they do not count towards domination, do they? My math does not seem to come out correct. :hmm:

We have 221 tiles and the victory screen says we have 14.18% of the domination tiles. If my math is correct, that means about 1550 tiles, seems high though.

By nation:
Mongols - 91 tiles
England - 126 tiles
Persia - 93 tiles
Zulu - 103 tiles
Babylon - 91 tiles
Egypt - 10 tiles
Japan - 8 tiles

That leaves Inca/Malinese, who lead with 21 %
My math says they have about 330 tiles.

Adding that with the above gives a total of 1073 tiles, there cannot be 477 unclaimed tiles, can there? :eek:

edit -
1) Did you just have a vote?
Victory screen says 1 more turn until vote.

leif, the mountains are land tiles, so they count.

Z, no votes. And as for the stack, Hammy was not bashful. He sent all but 3LB and the two knights that ended turn outside our border. I will be able to get a count when I get home tonight by camparing the statistic screen for before and after the the last 2 turns. That stack would make a Diety AI proud. But now it is time to charge in.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that we got circumnavigation bonus last turn.

Top Bottom