New techs?

I wish they would have more refined techs, like tech trees within the tech tree. Not huge branches but more like little upgrades for some techs. Like advanced craftsmanship to improve swordsmen attack.

A longer classical era would be pretty nice, but that could almost be done by reassigning medieval techs as being classical. And adding just a couple more.

I also think that the industrial and modern ages are actually about the right left and cost. The only real problem is with the way great scientists work and the possibility of bulbing the entire modern era.

The real place new techs need to be placed, IMO, is in the renaissance. For a start it should be split in two. The renaissance followed by Enlightenment. They were drastically different. The renaissance is the discovery of America, the rebirth of greaco-roman thought and the wars of religion. The enlightenment is the napoleonic wars, independence of America, colonisation of Africa/India. The two are two completely different historical periods with completely different styles of thoughts.

Adding it in would also make a lot of sense from gameplay. It would put more distance between the cannon and arty, and between muskets, rifles and infantry (which are all pretty rushed).

So, apparently one confirmed new tech is Combined Arms.

Did Civ3 have a Combined Arms tech? I think this is the first time since Civ2 that it's appeared. Back then, it had Helicopters and Paratroopers. They wouldn't necessarily move both there, but it's food for thought.

The confirmation of the great firewall wonder, leads me to suspect that we will the internet as a new tech. After all, the great firewall does not make any sense with the internet.

I think that sounds right. It also makes more sense that way.

The confirmation of the great firewall wonder, leads me to suspect that we will the internet as a new tech. After all, the great firewall does not make any sense with the internet.

Well Internet does not need to be a new tech. it could be put as a project/effect under Globalization (which requires Computers).

Ideally the Internet would be a project, but it could also be treated as a National Wonder (getting your civilization connected to it rather than inventing it). Build an Internet Cafe in every city or something. But I could also see it getting treated as an obvious inevitability and thus be a static bonus to espionage for discovering Computers or Globalization.

Ideally the Internet would be a project, but it could also be treated as a National Wonder (getting your civilization connected to it rather than inventing it). Build an Internet Cafe in every city or something. But I could also see it getting treated as an obvious inevitability and thus be a static bonus to espionage for discovering Computers or Globalization.

An idea I had would be Fiber Optic Network as a modern/future era building for cities. It could do.. whatever, probably happiness or production. I can even see it as part of an infrastructure buildin series, with public transport and superhighways being others.

Maybe I'll decide to make a mod someday....

No need to mod that in SuperWaffle, I already did it ;) I called it a Cable Network (available with Internet tech) and it grants +1 :c5happy:, and +5% :c5culture: in ALL cities.

Top Bottom