A Complete Guide to Achievements (Civ V)

Hmm, can anyone confirm that it's not working without disabling?

Well, I can confirm that Foreign Legion is still being counted in the achievement-log, and that the 6 you get through the 'Volunteer Army' civic doesn't count for it. Beyond that, I'm not sure how it's POSSIBLE to confirm it, unless it's by never having built one, and leaving it as the last unit on 0 while doing all the others... >_>

Well, I can confirm that Foreign Legion is still being counted in the achievement-log, and that the 6 you get through the 'Volunteer Army' civic doesn't count for it. Beyond that, I'm not sure how it's POSSIBLE to confirm it, unless it's by never having built one, and leaving it as the last unit on 0 while doing all the others... >_>

Okay. I'll put a note on the guide, but it would be helpful if someone could work on unlocking the achievement without a foreign legion unit, and see if it unlocks without it. I'm suspecting it's broken, though.

Okay. I'll put a note on the guide, but it would be helpful if someone could work on unlocking the achievement without a foreign legion unit, and see if it unlocks without it. I'm suspecting it's broken, though.

I'd do it myself, but (un)fortunately, I ran a sweep through 'build UU's from civs I've already completed the game with' just shortly before BNW dropped, including the Foreign Legion.

"Here's Looking at You, Kid"
I might be wrong, but I suppose this achievement has a reference to film "Casablanca". If I remember correctly, the main heroes wanted to leave Casablanca and go to Lisbon by airplane (it was during WWII). "Here's Looking at You, Kid" - that was a phrase of one of their friends (pianist), although I'm not sure.

I'll see what I can do.

Also, while seeing through the achievement log, I found that I trained one Mandekalu cavalry. The problem is I haven't played as Askia yet and never produced any of his unique units. But I was gifted one by cite-state. I thought debug counts only produced units or is it a mistake? And does it count towards "modern major-general" achievement? And there's a strange line [16667.021] DBG: Steam Stat: ESTEAMSTAT_HWACHAKILLS = 133, don't remember there to be such achievement though...

Also, while seeing through the achievement log, I found that I trained one Mandekalu cavalry. The problem is I haven't played as Askia yet and never produced any of his unique units. But I was gifted one by cite-state. I thought debug counts only produced units or is it a mistake? And does it count towards "modern major-general" achievement? And there's a strange line [16667.021] DBG: Steam Stat: ESTEAMSTAT_HWACHAKILLS = 133, don't remember there to be such achievement though...

The 'HWACHAKILLS' line is for a bugged achievement they removed. There's several lines like that, counting something for an achievement that no longer exists. It's kind of depressing if you think about it too much.

As for the Mandekalu... I've noticed on several occasions that the game's ability to count units produced is kinda' unreliable. Usually that manifests as it not counting something you've definitely produced, but apparently it can go in the opposite direction too, and count city-state gifts as produced as well. :crazyeye:

Winning as the Ottomans on Diety for the Scramble for Africa scenario. Anyone already done that? Seems very hard to pull of if you ask me.

It's possible a gifted unit from a city state would count. That would be why the count went up. I'm pretty sure if that count goes up past 0, you get credit for the achievement.

There was an achievement I think was called Hwatch-out or something (it's listed in the removed achievements section). It was removed.

On the pop culture section it says it's not meant to be a complete list (even though it does seem that way). So some stuff gets missed. When I get to it, I'll throw that in if it's not already there.

Does Indonesia's Achieve (Conquer a capital with an Enemy Blade Kris Swordsman) mean the original capital, or the current capital, if the original has been captured?

For the American Civil War scenario, Pickett's Recharge says to capture Gettysburg with a Confederate Infantry with Pickett's upgrade ... I've tried with both the division and the corp to no success. Any tips?

American Civil war is broken for me. Cities suddenly go up in strength once scenario goes past half mark. Capturing Washington with 50+ defense power is impossible. I've had like 8-10 cannons bombarding it constantly while assaulting it with inf corps. Managed to pull down maybe 30% of its health. The interesting part is that inf corps died immediately while attacking with full health. God capturing a small city became impossible. I didn't even garrisoned cities, AI just didn't have any chance like me.

American Civil war is broken for me. Cities suddenly go up in strength once scenario goes past half mark. Capturing Washington with 50+ defense power is impossible. I've had like 8-10 cannons bombarding it constantly while assaulting it with inf corps. Managed to pull down maybe 30% of its health. The interesting part is that inf corps died immediately while attacking with full health. God capturing a small city became impossible. I didn't even garrisoned cities, AI just didn't have any chance like me.

And now you know why the Confederacy lost. :lol:

Hi, great work on the guide dude!

I just wanted to let you know that the achievement 'Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka' refers to an album title by the death metal band Nile...I cackled when I first saw it, evidently someone on the development team is also a fan of crushing technical metal with a middle eastern influence \m/

... "Here's Looking at You, Kid" - that was a phrase of one of their friends (pianist), although I'm not sure.

That was actually Rick (Humphrey Bogart) saying that to Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman) before putting her on the plane.

Hi, great work on the guide dude!

I just wanted to let you know that the achievement 'Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka' refers to an album title by the death metal band Nile...I cackled when I first saw it, evidently someone on the development team is also a fan of crushing technical metal with a middle eastern influence \m/

Heck yeah. :rockon:

Something just occurred to me while cruising for a Diplomatic Victory... you can't build the United Nations wonder anymore. Which, presumably, means that you can't get 'The Wonder Years' achievement either.

Well, as with Modern Major-General, it's fairly easy to get what you're missing by disabling the Brave New World pack, but it might still be a good idea to note it for any new arrivals...

The only problem is finding someone who doesn't already have The Wonder Years to test it... >_>

Added a note on The Wonder Years. I'll check to make sure I put a note on Model as well, I think I already did.

Had to move some stuff around, because the first post had gotten too long. The last few edits required me to remove stuff from the guide because of the character limit. Should be good now.

I've missed a few acknowledgements lately, but I'll go back over the thread and update the list later. Thanks to everyone who's helped out lately.

Finally tested achievement "Model of modern major-general". I hereby confirm that it can not be opened since Foreign Legion is now a special tenet and can not be produced. Achieved it by disabling BNW expansion.

Finally tested achievement "Model of modern major-general". I hereby confirm that it can not be opened since Foreign Legion is now a special tenet and can not be produced. Achieved it by disabling BNW expansion.

Thanks.

Top Bottom