Created a test for a new civ, but it's not showing up. Halp.

lordrj15

Manx Modder
So, I've got a mod that is ready for the testing stage, but for some reason it's not showing up. In the mod selection screen it is present, and I can install it, but the civilisation I am adding does not show up in the civilisations list.

Any thoughts on why? I noticed some mistakes and inconsistencies I put in the XML, but it's still not working . . .

Moderator Action: Moved to the main Creation & Customization forum, this doesn't seem like a C++ or Lua question to me.

It is very hard for anyone to say what is wrong with your mod without you posting the mod code. OTOH my first question is did you remember to set all of your UpdateDatabase actions in Modbuddy?

Some of the most common reasons, but remember that without being able to see the actual files, I'm just throwing out random guesses here:
  • You haven't included, or at least incorrectly referenced, 2 unique components.
  • A syntax error or invalid column has caused the entire civilization file to be discarded.
  • The civilization file has not been loaded into the database.
  • The civilization does not have all the required information it needs to function, such as a leader, city names, etc. etc.

Top Bottom