New Civ Trait idea

sounds interesting, but if that's the case, then there should also be one for desert, mountains, etc.

Waht would their other abiltiy be.

I]Originally posted by Greyhawk1[/I]
Hardy

A trait for civs that live in especially harsh cold conditions such as Eskimos, Russians, Scandinavians and Lapps.

Gain 1 extra food from Tundra and Reindeer squares possibly.

It's a good idea, but it's not powerful enough.

How about if it takes a city twice as long to starve with this trait?

This may be too powerful though.

It sounds similar to the Agricultural trait.

Also, the amount of unhappy citizens are doubled too when the cause is "too crowded", but with other unhappiness causes, the citizens are halved.

Originally posted by Duke Togo
Lazy

Production is cut in half, but the amount of happy citizens you have is doubled. :lol:

yes and workers work at half speed

:hmm: it would be interesting to combine that trait with the industrious one.

yes I shall be known as Revolutionary of the industrious and lazy Americans :lol:

Ya, the Hardy trait as described sounds a bit too much like the [c3c] Agricultural Trait. Maybe the trait could be like you citizens require less food, or something . . . But there would also need to be some building bonuses as there are to all other traits . . .

I was thinking of a Diplomatic Civ Trait, that could have more favourable trades with the AIs, and make the AIs happier towards you, make your Rep Points harder to take down, something along those linear lines . . .

Also, Embassies could be cheaper to build, or automatically built, or something, and you could have better luck on Spy missions, and you could have a better Spy Experience level . . .

The problem with hardy Civs is that Inuit, Lapp, etc... were never able to build citys of millions of people on the tundra. Yes they survived but in very small populations. Treating tundra like a grassland would enable fairly large cities in the arctic and I don't think that would be such a good idea.

I have heard a suggestion for a judicial civ - courthouses and police stations are cheaper. I think judicials could get extra content faces when at peace to discourage them from going to war.

I really like the sound of a Diplomatic Civ trait. I could easily see it being incorporated with the other ones, its sounds reasonable and not that far fetched.

Ya, the Diplomatic Civ Trait does sound pretty decent doesn't it? BTW, it is only partiaqlly my idea, I "borrowed" some of the Ideas from previously mentioned Civ Trait ideas . . .

Many of heard Diplomatic before. I and probably others suggested Cultural while Judicial is new to me.

yes I think something like a Diplomatic and Judicial trait would be very interesting.

but the only thing about the Diplomatic trait is that in the real world this is and has been very important to all Nations. I mean how would you dicide to which civ you give this trait to, when all important and influcencial civilzations have use Diplomacy to extend there power. Even the Mongols have extensively used Diplomacy to expand there influence.

oh yes and the Judicial trait should also obiviously have lower corruption

"Aristocratic"....... Basically means its a slaver nation, every single military unit that wins a battle, gets 1/2 of inslaving the enemy unit into serfdom. The serf has no maintance cost, and works half-speed. And the UU would be a slaver, who can capture enemy citizens as long as that city has no walls........

How about THAT one?? Kinda' evil? huh?

:lol: yes evil but realistic

I think that trait would be unbalancing

Top Bottom