[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Or if you're woodelf you see it when it takes off out of your cities instead of defending them.

Kael said:
Or if you're woodelf you see it when it takes off out of your cities instead of defending them.

Kael,Chalid,

Thx for the answer. :)

I suppose that you are speaking about "your" Woodelf. Unbeliveble!:eek: He left some cities unprotected?:crazyeye: Do he got some suicidal tendencies ?;)

The Frog.

Kael, Chalid, (again)

Two questions:

1) Have you got any idea of what would be the Hippus Hero ? When will you release it ?

2) Do you know is somebody had built a map/scenarii as the excellent ones of FfH1 ?

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Kael,Chalid,

Thx for the answer. :)

I suppose that you are speaking about "your" Woodelf. Unbeliveble!:eek: He left some cities unprotected?:crazyeye: Do he got some suicidal tendencies ?;)

The Frog.

No, Woodlef was just the first to discover that captured giant spiders aren't the most loyal of creatures. He left one defending his cities and when it was attacked the spider simply walked out and let it be taken.

The reason it did it was invisible creatures dont fight if they dont have to, instead they flee to surrounding tiles. Thats just vanilla civ behavior. The "emergent behavior" (unplanned ai reactions) was that Woodelfs cool defender wasn't nearly as cool as he thought.

Hian the Frog said:
Kael, Chalid, (again)

Two questions:

1) Have you got any idea of what would be the Hippus Hero ? When will you release it ?

SeZereth has the art about done so we better get something done with him soon. :D In the begining he will probably convert barbarian defeated units to loyal followers (Magnadine was known for building armies from ragged troops). When the mercenary mod is integrated his abilites may change.

2) Do you know is somebody had built a map/scenarii as the excellent ones of FfH1 ?

The Frog.

I have one in my mailbox right now, if it works I'll post it.

Kael said:
SeZereth has the art about done so we better get something done with him soon. :D In the begining he will probably convert barbarian defeated units to loyal followers (Magnadine was known for building armies from ragged troops). When the mercenary mod is integrated his abilites may change.

Yeah, cool ! A very fun hero. Will he convert Orc Spearman or Gob of the beginning of the game to the same units or to human specific ones ?

I have one in my mailbox right now, if it works I'll post it.

Cool again. I'm feed up of this f.... map generator which always gives me rotten starting position...

The Frog.

Plaing with Smartmap Continents 3-8, on Prince, Raging Barbs, Aggressive AI, 10 Civs and Huge Map.

Was just wondering if anyone else has found any odd behavior with automated workers. I had 5 workers (5 cities) all on automate an they seemed to plant all my farms outside the cities radius, on plains and grassland, I had to take them off automate an manualy controll them, not an issue realy just takes a wee bit more time.

The barbs stop attacking after turn 200-250 even thou they have alot of cities (Huge map 10 civs, 2 died early on to barbs). The AI doesnt seem all that more aggressive to me. Only had one civ attack me so far (on turn 476) and he was on the same continent as myself he also prefered to attack by boat? which seemed strange. I am friendly with 2-3 of the civs and the rest have no green points towards me, there is even one who has a total of 17 in the red yet does not declare war granted his lad is a fair distance form mine but still. The AI doesnt seem to send overly many units in a wave of attack either, 5-10 at best. Was wondering if this is vanilla civ behaviour or intentional, as it isnt all that hard to repulse. A rise would be entertaining.

Not sure if this is a bug or not but, if you play it right you can get 2 maybe 3 religions to found in one city, I have Runes and the Order in my second biggest city (played it to be that way), which coupled with the 2 religion wonders and the Bazzar gives you an awsome amount of gold. even if your not a Rune State Religion(which I am, more dollars :) ) Surely Religions should found in different cities? I had 3 cities when I founded Runes and 8 when I founded The Order, droped the research down untill my disciples could spread runes to the 3 remaining cities without it, to make the Order found in the same citiy as Runes.

AI Civs seem to stop trading Techs when they advance so far in the tech tree(Tier 4 untis or there abouts). Even thou I am friendly with a couple of civs thier Techs are reded out in diplomacy, yet they ask for defencive pacts, trade resources. Intentional?

Cool again. I'm feed up of this f.... map generator which always gives me rotten starting position...

The Frog.

Hey Frog try the Smartmap thingy, works realy well with FfH1 and 2.

Kael,

Did you test the scenarii you had spoke about yesterday ?

The Frog

Woodelf,

Great job with your defending Giant spider....;)

More seriously. Is this new unit easy to hunt ? Is there any Giant Spider Cage ?

Lizardmen are still forgotten. Sniff....:(

The Frog

Hian the Frog said:
Woodelf,

Great job with your defending Giant spider....;)

More seriously. Is this new unit easy to hunt ? Is there any Giant Spider Cage ?

Lizardmen are still forgotten. Sniff....:(

The Frog

No, the giant spider is very hard to hunt because it can only be seen by recon units and scouts have no chance to kill it. So you got to get to hunters before you will have a chance (and even there it will be rough).

There is a Giant Spider Cage, it produces silk.

strategyonly said:
Had a complete STALL in the game i was playing, stalls next turn. And attaching WB Save, (if you need game save let me know) and Logs.:blush:

Cool, I'll check it out, thanks.

Kael said:
No, the giant spider is very hard to hunt because it can only be seen by recon units and scouts have no chance to kill it. So you got to get to hunters before you will have a chance (and even there it will be rough).

There is a Giant Spider Cage, it produces silk.

A Scout with Combat2 standing on a Forested Hill can beat the spider if the spider crosses a river to attack it. :D That's the only way I've captured one so far. More often than not they kick your ass badly.

Any chance for baby spiders that start at strength 2 or 3 and "mature" over so many turns?

DCMage said:
Plaing with Smartmap Continents 3-8, on Prince, Raging Barbs, Aggressive AI, 10 Civs and Huge Map.

Was just wondering if anyone else has found any odd behavior with automated workers. I had 5 workers (5 cities) all on automate an they seemed to plant all my farms outside the cities radius, on plains and grassland, I had to take them off automate an manualy controll them, not an issue realy just takes a wee bit more time.

The barbs stop attacking after turn 200-250 even thou they have alot of cities (Huge map 10 civs, 2 died early on to barbs). The AI doesnt seem all that more aggressive to me. Only had one civ attack me so far (on turn 476) and he was on the same continent as myself he also prefered to attack by boat? which seemed strange. I am friendly with 2-3 of the civs and the rest have no green points towards me, there is even one who has a total of 17 in the red yet does not declare war granted his lad is a fair distance form mine but still. The AI doesnt seem to send overly many units in a wave of attack either, 5-10 at best. Was wondering if this is vanilla civ behaviour or intentional, as it isnt all that hard to repulse. A rise would be entertaining.

I hadnt seen either of those. The AI considers your "power" when it thinks about declaring war and players with a high power (a lot of tough units) will generally not get attacked. The AI likes to fight wars it thinks it will win.

Typically this means that players playing on lower difficulty levels will outperform the AI civs, have a bigger army and therefor never have a need for it (much as it is in rl). Increasing the difficulty will allow the AI to stay equal militarily and you will see more attacks.

Not sure if this is a bug or not but, if you play it right you can get 2 maybe 3 religions to found in one city, I have Runes and the Order in my second biggest city (played it to be that way), which coupled with the 2 religion wonders and the Bazzar gives you an awsome amount of gold. even if your not a Rune State Religion(which I am, more dollars :) ) Surely Religions should found in different cities? I had 3 cities when I founded Runes and 8 when I founded The Order, droped the research down untill my disciples could spread runes to the 3 remaining cities without it, to make the Order found in the same citiy as Runes.

Thats all fine, though it makes me suspect that you are playign on a lower difficulty if you are able to beat the AI civs to all of those. Which is fine, but expect that the game wont be as challenging.

AI Civs seem to stop trading Techs when they advance so far in the tech tree(Tier 4 untis or there abouts). Even thou I am friendly with a couple of civs thier Techs are reded out in diplomacy, yet they ask for defencive pacts, trade resources. Intentional?

Thats vanilla civ, personally i dont care much for the reded out stuff, ir rather I think it should be as hard to get the AI to switch religions (assuming everything else is equal) and trade stuff. Maybe we will change that later on.

Kael

Playing On prince, might have to check monarch out, and i sacrifice techs to turbo Runes and The Order, tried to turbo leaves aswell once but then i lose out on Runes unless playing on Noble. In My Current game I am 4th/5th outa 8 (Started out as 10). Playing the Elfs, leader with 3 traits: Expansive, Defensive, Raiders. My score is around 1500 where as leader is around 2200 who i am actualy friendly with atm, yea just noticed the civs that hate me are less powerfull than my self bar one, maybe i'll have to antagonise him a wee bit :)

DCMage said:
Kael

Playing On prince, might have to check monarch out, and i sacrifice techs to turbo Runes and The Order, tried to turbo leaves aswell once but then i lose out on Runes unless playing on Noble. In My Current game I am 4th/5th outa 8 (Started out as 10). Playing the Elfs, leader with 3 traits: Expansive, Defensive, Raiders. My score is around 1500 where as leader is around 2200 who i am actualy friendly with atm, yea just noticed the civs that hate me are less powerfull than my self bar one, maybe i'll have to antagonise him a wee bit :)

Prince difficulty isn't easy (i test on noble and prince). It sounds like things are going as they should for your strategy. I do wish weaker opponents would gang up on more powerful ones. There is a dogpile factor to get them to join in on a war that is already going on but nothing to get a group of civs to all declare war at once. Maybe I will write something up to do that.

Kael do you know Europa Universalis? Where you had some complex System of Alliances. We could do soemthing like this allowing an Offensive Alliance.

We could code it up that AI_s would only ally with guys that are roughly the same power as they are (as they would fear to be dragged into a conflict by an stronger partner and see no need to ally with weaker ones (what is the gain)). For considering if they declare war each member of the Alliance would than use his power plus half of the power of his allies.

Of course the most powerfull ones would not ally as they do not want to share :).

Top Bottom