Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Zulu

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Please tell why you think a civ sucks. If two or more are tied, I'll put multiple choice.

There is another post doing the same.

Oh... sorry

France and Egypt are definitely the worst civs in the game without a doubt.

Egypt is the stupidest civ I've seen in my life, get a bad wonder and you're pretty much screwed and lost the game before its begun.
Get no desert and you've lost your other civ bonus.
On the other hand get a good wonder (like colosus) and you've just got a free ticket to a win.

Then there is france, which is just flat out bad... take england, remove the 50% more powerful archer, and free use of dye resource right off the bat... remove the free double naval support and free +1 hill bonus --> voila you have france!

France and Egypt are definitely the worst civs in the game without a doubt.

Egypt is the stupidest civ I've seen in my life, get a bad wonder and you're pretty much screwed and lost the game before its begun.
Get no desert and you've lost your other civ bonus.
On the other hand get a good wonder (like colosus) and you've just got a free ticket to a win.

Then there is france, which is just flat out bad... take england, remove the 50% more powerful archer, and free use of dye resource right off the bat... remove the free double naval support and free +1 hill bonus --> voila you have france!

France is pretty darn good, I think.

Little french hate happening here? :lol:

France is a cultural powerhouse civ. You can use them to flip enemy cities pretty easily and start pumping out GP.

And once you get to the Industrial age, the +2 attack for cannons just screams for you to go over on the offensive.

But the english monarchy is like the french bonus... except it starts a little worst [2 :culture: per person instead of 3:culture:] but gets better later on.

But then the english have archers with 3 defence at the start on top of that <-- one of the most powerful civ bonuses in game imo.

Also remmeber that getting monarchy instead of a free cathedral means that you can access dye from the start, so some cities get a free 1.5 extra workers to start with.

And the french have the worst age4 bonus: riflement +1move <-- by then you should have infantry.

Brits have double naval support -> aka a battleship navy will add 50+ attack and defence.

And +1hill:hammers: means when settling cities you can start in locations you normally couldn't (because hills are like forests) and in the long-term you end up with tiles producing 4:hammers:

edit: did I mention that feudalism just needs monarchy and horseback riding? Thats right, you can get the earliest access to knights of any civ in the game!

Your name says it all, you remade my thread

France gets +2 CANNON ATTACK, thats HUGE!

Have you seen how big of borders france gets.

I play them in multiplayer all the time, best culture in game

Wow, people don't think too highly of Russia, huh? The +1 food from plains early on is pretty nice, but the cheap spy bonus is pretty bad because it comes so late. Don't remember the other Russian bonuses, but I didn't think they were that bad.

I used to think russia was definitely the worst civ in the game... until I played em! They're actually a very good civ.

1) City positioning at start can be much more optimal due to 2:food: plains.
2) free loyalty means that defensive units start veteran [something which didn't occur to me] so after 5 techs, all archers are not only veteran, but also get another 50% defence.
3) Half price rifleman, with fundamentalism and beelining to gunpowder means a unit that costs 10:hammers: with the same attack as a catapult/knight and 5 defence AND Free veteran from the prevous era bonus [no need for 40:hammers: barracks that kngihts/cats would need] and when defending at home get a 50% bonus.

10HAMMERS LOOOOL

and with half price spies, lategame you can really mess people up with a batch of 10 spies going in and completely obliterating every improvement in the city.

I said this before, I think there are not bad civilization in this game, there are tough civilization to play with only.

is it wrong of me to hate china cause there femail workers are hidious?

no, i do not think it is

is it wrong of me to hate china cause there femail workers are hidious?

no, i do not think it is

Is it wrong of me to hate you for butchering the english language while trying to make a stupid racist joke?

And don't say he didn't deserve that either.

2) free loyalty means that defensive units start veteran [something which didn't occur to me] so after 5 techs, all archers are not only veteran, but also get another 50% defence.

Are you positive about this? I have a game in progress w/ the Russkies so I guess I can check but I thought I remembered from playing last night that my units got the Loyalty upgrade but not vet.

Also, aren't riflemen 3/5 a/d (not 4/5)?

I think I just disagree with most of the reasons you cite for liking the Russians - I don't think any of those bonuses is particularly strong and imo they're pretty useless. The rifleman rush isn't something I'd thought of, but in single player anyway you can keep pikeman armies in your cities until modern infantry and the CPU still won't kill any of them.

Yea but with fundamentalism you can "emulate" the 4 attack of knights and catapults... except you "catapults" will only cost 10 hammers and have 5 defence [15 per army +50%] as well as being auto-vet <--that part is assuming I'm correct

Top Bottom