Maps and Scenarios

I went through the worldbuilder and placed every unit and the only one that caused a crash was the first unit, the Archer Warband. but then i went back and placed every unit Except the archer warband to see if there were any other problems. everything worked fine so i decided to place the archer warband again to confirm....and nothing happened!?

wierd. its actually good to know that you got the CTD as well, since that means its not my Civ4...as for my version of the mod, im not sure...i couldent find a readme and if you check the build in-game, it just says 3.13. where would i find the version?

im gonna go back and give myself every technology, see if maybe thats the cause.

did you get a python error when you CTDed?

no, i got no python error.

if thats the Goblin Warband that CTD's youve got an old version of the mod. Ploe fixed it before. try re-downloading Patch H and export it to the BTS file, see if that helps. but then that dosnt explain why mine CTD'ed ....

anyway, try that and well se what happens :p

nope it wasent the goblin warband, it was the archer warband...more mystery...finally a positive note though, i downloaded that CvGameCoreDLL file you posted and...ta da! solovens world map works! i also DLed the H patch again, just in case, so we'll see if i get any crashes. maybe your DLL file fixed that too....

on a playtesting note....im playing on noble, with the indestructable night goblins! im on the worlds edge mountains, and the barbarian invasions are so intense that by turn 25, the dwarves, the skaven, and the undead kingdom had all been wiped out. i do think constant barbarian assault is in sync with warhammer fluff, but constant 6 STR skeleton hordes when everyone only has 3 STR units?

Also, if i have the time, im gonna try to modify the map so that each race starts with it's cities and "empire", consistant with about 1000 years after the birth of Sigmar. it will mean an unbalenced game, especially since some races (skaven) dont have anything special yet, and i think it would be much better to have a Rhyes-style civ spawning game, but for now it just something i want to play myself....

gameplay question.....i have like 5 or 6 Savage Boys orc units, and whenever i send one of them out to keep the barbs from pillaging my terrain improvements, they all leave the city! they arent grouped, so im not sure why they are doing it this.....

hmmm, so its just the ordinary Archer warband... i think thats going to have to be a job for Ploep when he gets the chance.

great, im glad the CvGameCoreDLL fixed the maps, now i just need to find out WHY :p

in response to your playtesting feedback:
i totally agree with you. Barbs need to have their strength brought down a lot, i had the same thing happen in most of my games. once Cahthay, Lustria, Skaven, Khemri and Chaos dwarves were killed by turn 50 :wow:

Would you be able to post a link to your edited Kinstrife map with the new DLL? the old one never worked :p
Also, id like to see your additions to Solwen's map :p

the orcs leaving together have me stumped. absolutely NO idea why that could be :confused: does it happen all the time?

I went back and tried the archer warband again...nothing...maybe the DLL fixed it...what were you doing when you got a CTD?

heres the edited kinstrife. HE are in a much better position here...im thinking the backstory could be that you begin this scenario right after Malekith's rebellion.

Added some "slave camps" to the west of naggaroth for the eventual improvements we talked about.

Hehe, the most evil Civ in the warhammer world is where America is in real life...coincedence?

wont let me load the map itself....will a save game work? if it doesnt i can send you the full file some other way.

Attachments

• KINREVISED.CivBeyondSwordSave
    58.4 KB · Views: 137
Figured out the orc thing. I always hold ALT and mouse over the enemy to see the % chance of combat success. apparently, ALT + attack = EVERYONE CHAAAARGE!

yeah solowens will probly take a while cuz there are so many races. found a cool site for maps of the warhammer world to help us: http://web.inter.nl.net/users/thorr/

lots of good stuff.

im not sure if solowen himself ever comes around here so ill just ask these questions of anyone:

1) why are there lizardmen in Lustria AND "africa"? ive never read any fluff on this, but if its out there, let me know.

2) im assuming Cathay and most of the far east is left undone on purpose? ive never seen a map of it, so....?

Lizardmen are in the southlands because there are oldone ruins in there and that is where Sotek and his followers chased the skaven after they invaded Lustria, so there is a lizardman presence there, plus it fills up a huge hole in the world :p

Cathay etc really need work. i think its more because there is such a lack of maps on the area :) ( i would be tempted to copy how China etc in Rhys map are for Cathay etc)

Also, Slaanesh, when you get errors and bugs can you please post them in the debug thread so i dont have to try remember all the threads with bugs in them? ta ;)

@Psychic Llamas

sorry, ill stick to the debug thread. did the updated kinstrife load for you?

i did. 5 posts up.

hmm. im you give me your email i could send you the actual scenario file, i dont know why civfanatics wont let me post it...it says invalid file type.

PS: whats happened to Solowen PH and the mapping? (drop modelling and put your hands to mapping if you please i think it would serve the mod much better if we got a working world map up with staggered starts)

the maps ive planned to do are done. Kinstrife and my world map with a larger oldworld are completed. i have no idea how to add the staggered starts and am not up to merging mods yet.

Plus my world editor is screwed from my magic mod. so no new maps, or even old map fixes will be done untill that bug is fixed. sorry :(.

Standard map. To use with standard Warhammer Mod.

Magic version. To use with Psychic Llamas Spell MiniMod.

1. Tuned down Settras starting city a bit.
2. Added Loren Magic to Woodelves.

Still, this is Solwens map. Unzip them to BTS PublicMaps folder. :goodjob:

Maps.zip

I don't know if this will help, but I just tried to play Solwens Magic Map v0.11h (I believe) of the Warhammer mod and it was closed by DEP just as it finished creating the world. I notice there have been other similar errors reported, but I don't think I noticed DEP mentioned anywhere so this may help find the bug.

Data Execution Prevention, it's a software/hardware thing built into XP SP2/Vista and most modern CPU's that stops execution of code stored in data pages (as opposed to instruction pages) that can prevent buffer overruns. Any program or service that tries to do it (either for malicious purposes or simple memory management bug) gets closed to protect the system.

im affraid i have bad news :(

i have lost the world map that Kai and myself have been working on for AGES. it just isnt on my computer at all! its gone! vanished! Now, i know that i sent this map to kai recently, so HOPEFULLY he will still have it and that means ill be able to redo some of the things i changed and not be too far behind. however, if he doesnt have it either, then im afraid im screwed and will have to make the entire thing from scratch again :'(

i just really hope kai has it...

im affraid i have bad news :(

i have lost the world map that Kai and myself have been working on for AGES. it just isnt on my computer at all! its gone! vanished! Now, i know that i sent this map to kai recently, so HOPEFULLY he will still have it and that means ill be able to redo some of the things i changed and not be too far behind. however, if he doesnt have it either, then im afraid im screwed and will have to make the entire thing from scratch again :'(

i just really hope kai has it...

ouch!:hammer2: :(

Top Bottom