Warhammer Version 1.4

Psychic_Llamas

Wizard in the Making
This post will be where all downloads for Version 1.4 of the Warhammer Fantasy Battles mod version 1.4 will be located. Future Patches and changelogs will be found here. Please dont report bugs here, use the Bug Reports thread instead ;).

DOWNLOAD Version 1.4:

Mod: [LINK]
Sound Track: [LINK]
Patch a: patch a is broken, please wait for patch b...
INSTALL PROCEDURE:

1. Extract the main mod file into BTS\mods folder.
2. Extract the music file into BTS\mods folder.
3. Rename the BTS\mods\Warhammer 1.4 folder to BTS\mods\warhammer.

Spoiler Patch b (not yet avaliable) :

Balance/changes:
1. Changed Spite Resource to give the civ access to also give a range of 'Spite' Promotions.
2. changed 'Oak of ages' to provide +2 food and +2 hammer with the 'Lore of Life' Technology.
3. changed 'shrine of asuryan' to provide +2 commerce and +2 hammer with the 'Lore of Light' Technology.
4. changed 'shrine of Khaine' to provide +2 commerce and +2 hammer with the 'Lore of Death' Technology.
5. Rebalanced a lot of Ghur (Beast) spells
6. Rebalanced a lot of Shyish (Death) spells
7. Rebalanced a lot of Azyr (Heavens) spells
8. Removed health bonus from herbalist (only gets health from tobbaco, tea and mysticism). increased cost to 70.
9. Rebalanced a lot of Nurgle spells
10. Rebalanced a lot of Tzeentch spells
11. Archers can no longer use bronze or iron weapons (can use war tattoos from dyes though)
12. Recon units cannot use war tattoos, bronze or iron weapons.
13. all archers/crossbow units and UUs have a single square ranged attack.
14. removed the free promotion from all spellcasting units.
15. all spellcasting units start with their respective promotions (ie hedge wizard starts with channeling 1 and hedge magic 1. Archmages start with channeling 1-3 and high magic 1-3)
16. changed roads and Wildpaths to starting techs for respective civs and removes tech requirements.
17. changed forest chopping to be avaliable from Agriculture but take more than twice as long to do and yeild no hammers... will need balancing.

Fixes:
1. Fixed Wild lands TXT_KEY
2. removed “unlimited serf” from Caste System
3. prevented Beast units from being able to get the Glamorweave kin promotion.
4. Fixed estalian city San Luis TXT_KEY
5. Fixed salvation and chaos temple issues
6. salvation and chaos missionarieas dont require their temples to be built (only the religion)
7. Wildpaths and Road techs are now non-tradable to prevent one civ having both techs and having their roads degrade to trails every turn.

Additions:
1. Added 'Celestial Palace' Unique Feature (appears only on grassland or plains Hills, grants +1 food +1 hammer and +1 commerce to the tile. +30% defence to all squares in a 3 tile range, acts as a city. +1 Hammer food and Commerce with Philosophy Tech.)
2. Added 'Mount Arachnos' Unique Feature. (Spawns barbarian Giant Spiders. Only appears on Peaks.)
3. Added 'Mortheim' Unique Feature. Provides Warpstone resource and +2 commerce.
4. Added 'Elven Ruins' Unique Feature. Pillaging may gift a City or a large Research or Gold Bonus. may appear more than once.
5. Added 'Vauls Anvil' Unique Feature. +3 hammers to the tile, provides the 'Meteoric iron' resource, provides another +3 Hammers with Advanced Smithing.
6. Added 'The Vortex' Unique Feature Placeholder. (in the future would like it to make enemy spells cast in the owners borders fail 33% of the time, Daemon units in the Owners Borders get -20% strength.)
7. Added Help texts and civilopedia entries for Ghur (Beast) Spells
8. Added Help texts and civilopedia entries for Shyish (Death) Spells
9. Added Help texts and civilopedia entries for Aqshy (Fire) Spells
10. Added Help texts and civilopedia entries for Azyr (Heavens) Spells
11. Added Help texts and civilopedia entries for Nurgle Spells
12. Added Help texts and civilopedia entries for Tzeentch Spells

Cosmetic:
1. Added Graphics for the Celestial Palace U.F.
2. added graphics for The Vortex U.F.

Spoiler Patch a :

Fixes:

1. Quick fix for the "GFC error: failed to initialise the primary control theme." error when trying to load the mod.

Spoiler Version 1.4 Changelog :

Balance/changes:

1. changed most of the civics effects, moved tech requirements around a bit etc.
2. changed council of 13 to expansive subterranean sprawling and raiders
3. changed skarsnik to spiritual arcane and raiders
4. changed azhag to expansive maurauders and raiders
5. changed malekith to seafaring raiders and arcane
6. changed ariel to spiritual charismatic and Protective
7. changed astragoth to sprawling, industrious and ingenuity
8. changed the raiders trait to grant the 'raider' promotion to all melee, archer, mounted, chariot, gun and recon units. (EDIT) removed free exp from combat (maurauders is not the only trait which gives that)
9. changed all the combat promotions back to giving 20% combat strength not 10%. (EDIT) ignore this, changed back to 10% again :p)
10. changed Vlad to Financial, Aggressive and Summoner.
11. Changed manfred to Organised Summoner and Arcane.
12. Changed amazon leader to barbarian, charismatic and spiritual
13. changed jaffar to spiritual, philosophical and summoner
14. Changed Louen to Protective, Spiritual and Horseman
15. Changed Gilles to Spiritual Charismatic and Horseman
16. changed Wu to Defender agricultural and imperialist
17. changed Magnus to Charismatic, Imperialist and spiritual
18. changed Karl Franz to Organised imperialist and philosophical
19. changed Sigmar to Imperialist aggressive and Charismatic
20. changed Jose Paul to Protective spiritual and Seafaring
21. changed Leung Kwok to maurauders horsemen and Barbarian
22. Changed Akabar to spiritual protective agricultural and adaptive (spiritual = permanent trait)
23. changed katarin to arcane, summoner and protective
24. changed Boris to defender raider and expansive
25. changed takagura to Agricultural organised and industrious
26. changed lucan and lucini to Insane, Financial, philosophical and spiritual
27. changed lorenzo lupo to industrious, seafaring and financial
28. canged borgio to besieger, financial and aggressive
29. Changed Settra to Imperialist, industrious and summoner
30. changed neferata to spiritula industirous and protective
31. changed Finubar to seafaring, financial, charismatic and adaptive (seafaring is permanent)
32. changed mazdamundi to spiritual arcane and industrious
33. changed tehenuinni to spiritual expansive and charismatic
34. changed hobgobla khan to raiders, maurauders, besieger and adaptive (raider is permanent)
35. changed Greaseus to Aggressive financial and raiders
36. changed grimgor to organised aggressive raiders
37. changed Morghur to Expansive barbarian and aggressive
38. chaged arcane promotion to also give extra 10% spell damage and 10% resistance. (seemed underpowered)
39. changed spiritual trait to grant 'healer' and 'spirit guide' to divine units.
40. changed homeland promotion to give 20% combat in borders rather than the pathetic 10%
41. changed lizardman promo to give +20% attack and defence, and double moves in jungle.
42. changed dwarf promo to give 20% attack and defence in hills, and 20% poison resistance
43. Changed skaven promo to give 20% attack and defence in hills, and 30% poison resistance, and -10% holy resistance
44. changed unseen lurker unit to have 1 move, and be able to conduct spy missions, and counter spies.
45. Changed Elven promotion to give +1 move and +1 first strike CHANCE not +1 first strike

Fixes:

1. Subterranean trait no longer gives +2 summons duration.
2. Fixed Comet of Cassandora, now summons a permanent nuke like unit (nuke range of 5 squares), but kills the caster. (will need balancing, ie need to remove fallout and change sounds and special effects)
3. removed tile yeilds from watchtower, keep and stronghold, see if that deterrs AI from building them everywhere...
4. Fixed light houses to only give 1 free trade route to their city, not every city :p
5. wood elves now start with Lore of Athel Loren ,not with High Magic

Additions:

1. added Sicaire (assassin UU) for Tilea
2. added Bombard (Cannon UU) for tilea
3. added Verezzo Crossbowman (Crossbos UU) for Tilea
4. added Arquebusier (handgunner UU) for Tilea
5. Added Condoteri (Mercenari UU) for Tilea
6. added Royal Bodyguard (Royal Guard UU) for tilea
7. added Tilean Galley (Tririem UU) for Tilea
8. added raider promotion. auto pillage and +10% combat strength. (EDITRemoved: 'can use enemy roads', over powered)
9. Added 'Senior officer' promotion, requires either musician or standard bearer. randomly applies the 'morale' promotion to the unit.
10. Added Estalian Jinetes (Horsearcher Warband UU) for Estalia
11. Added Estalian knights (knights UU) for Estalia
12. Added Great Galleon (Ship of the Line UU) for Estalia
13. Added Tercios Pikemen (Pikemen UU) For Estalia
14. Added Conquistadores (requires Navigation, Advanced Smithing) for Estalia
15. Added Chapel of the Grail (Brettonian Salvation Temple UB)
16. Added Temple of Sigmar (Empire Salvation Temple UB)
17. Added Temple of Ursun (Kislev Salvation Temple UB)
18. Added Temple of Mercopio (Tilean Salvation Temple UB)
19. Added Temple of Myrmydia (Estalian Salvation Temple UB)
20. Added Temple of Ulric (Brettonian Salvation Temple UB)
21. Added Temple of Khorne (requires Chaos state Religion)
22. Added Temple of Slaanesh (requires Chaos state Religion)
23. Added Temple of Nurgle (requires Chaos state Religion)
24. Added Temple of Tzeentch (requires Chaos state Religion)
25. Added Temple of Chaos Undivided (requires Chaos state Religion)
26. Added Gateway of Infinite Oblivion
26. Added Gateway of Endless Blood
26. Added Gateway of Limitless Desire
26. Added Gateway of Festering Decay
27. Added The Suiddock World Wonder

Cosmetic:

1. added new Oak of Ages art
2. added new Shrine of Khaine art
3. Added new ancient forest art
4. Added new deep jungle art
5. Added new Volcano art

--------------------

NOTE: There will most likely be some changes/ additions which i forgot to mention on this changlog, its inevitable with such a big update :p

Special Thanks to Humakty, Ahriman and Orlanth for their increadible help with this, took a quarter of the time that it would have taken on my own :)

--------------------

To Do: (in no particular order)

1. Salvation and Corruption UUs
2. Kislev, finalise Old world civs
3. Recon Units/promotions
4. Metals Promotions (need to figure out how this works)

--------------------

To REPORT BUGS please go to this thread: [CLICK]

--------------------

I'm assuming that the bugs will be fixed? Nice to see the mod hasnt diead to much with ploeperpengel leaving.

Assuming that if you're changing the combat promotions, you're also doubling the shock, cover, formation etc. promotions.

This also might not be such a great idea, because there are so many things in this mod (Standing Armies civic in particular) that gives free xp to newly created units.

This also might not be such a great idea, because there are so many things in this mod (Standing Armies civic in particular) that gives free xp to newly created units.

this is true, any ideas on where such free exp should be cut from? (ill increase the other promos to suit, didnt think of those)

Well, actually I think that the promotions are fine as is, they didn't really need the change. FFH has the double-strength promotions, but those are a little strong really, and encourage super-stack combat and favor the player over the AI (since the player is better at conserving units). Its also an undesirable positive feedback mechanic; once you start winning, you keep winning, because you have an unstoppable superarmy of units with +80% strength or more.

XP is also more readily available in this mod than in FFH:

a) There are a number of mechanics (vampire hunting, etc) that give free xp.
b) There are (were?) a number of leader traits that give +1xp from combat.
c) There are great generals, who can either give mass XP to a stack, or a permenant +2xp military instructor.
d) There are a lot of civics that give free XP, and buildings, wonders and temples that give free xp.

I suggest that you leave the promotions at the 10% level, and if you want to buff traits like aggressive, add to that a +50% gold from pillaging like that which you took away from raiders.

I'd rather keep the Xp boosters, but keep the traits at the current (lower) power levels.
What was your reasoning for changing the promotions?

a lot more changes to traits and trait affects (some liek arcane and spiritual seemed too weak, and a lot of leaders had rubbish trait combos. all leaders now have at least 3 traits (only leaders with insane or adaptive have 4 traits)) and i also changed some promotions

EDIT: ok changed combat back to 10%, good argument ;) i might allow archers and mouted to get the buff not just melee?

i might allow archers and mouted to get the buff not just melee?

Why???
Mounted units are strong enough, especially knights. I shudder to think how defense strength 6, 7, 9 melee units with 10% promotions are supposed to fend off 12 attack strength knights with 20% strength promotions (and 40% shock promotion).

Much easier to just leave everything as it is. You could boost the flanking promotions a little I guess without too much harm.

Why???
Mounted units are strong enough, especially knights. I shudder to think how defense strength 6, 7, 9 melee units with 10% promotions are supposed to fend off 12 attack strength knights with 20% strength promotions (and 40% shock promotion).

i got rid of the 20% strngth thing :p

Much easier to just leave everything as it is.

ok, but any other thoughts on the other trait changes?

They'll need playtesting for balance, obviously, but I quite like the look overall. Certainly traits were very unequal before, this list definitely looks promising. Lots of flavor difference should be fun.

I notice only 2 greenskin leaders in this list - the rest seem to be missing (or I'm blind?).
This is definitely an issue since if you really want 4-5 greenskin leaders in the mod, they definitely need different traits in order to differentiate them; greenskins are going to be very very similar as it is.

As long as you're changing racial promotions, I'd suggest dwarven gives +20% hill attack and defense, and 20% poison resistance. No double move in hills.

I've pretty much finished updating the building XML with the Magic Colleges as grouped national wonders, the unique deity Salvation and Chaos temples, and also adding in some cool Chaos Gates per the new victory condition thread. Some effects like spawning units or a % chance promotion would have to be added later in python. Also tweaked some existing buildings/costs as suggested and have tried to add some flavor to some of the more boring buildings. I just started testing it to work out some kinks and actually it does seem a little more fun to me already. :)

So hopefully I can get something uploaded in the next few days, together with an improved soundtrack including skaven/greenskin diplo tracks. A few other things I could check off the buglist are corrected the Lighthouse bug (it actually was real!), added Skaven diplo text and fixed typos in CIV4GameText_WarhammerInfos & CIV4GameTextInfos_DiploWH.

(P_L I also had to edit Civ4Leaderheadinfos.xml to update the missing diplo tracks, & didn't realize you were also working on it.. hopefully it should be pretty easy to combine though by just copying a few diplo track sections from mine).

I've pretty much finished updating the building XML with the Magic Colleges as grouped national wonders, the unique deity Salvation and Chaos temples, and also adding in some cool Chaos Gates per the new victory condition thread. Some effects like spawning units or a % chance promotion would have to be added later in python. Also tweaked some existing buildings/costs as suggested and have tried to add some flavor to some of the more boring buildings. I just started testing it to work out some kinks and actually it does seem a little more fun to me already.

So hopefully I can get something uploaded in the next few days, together with an improved soundtrack including skaven/greenskin diplo tracks. A few other things I could check off the buglist are corrected the Lighthouse bug (it actually was real!), added Skaven diplo text and fixed typos in CIV4GameText_WarhammerInfos & CIV4GameTextInfos_DiploWH.

(P_L I also had to edit Civ4Leaderheadinfos.xml to update the missing diplo tracks, & didn't realize you were also working on it.. hopefully it should be pretty easy to combine though by just copying a few diplo track sections from mine).

thats excelent news Orlanth! at this rate this next version will be out in no time! :D

I notice only 2 greenskin leaders in this list - the rest seem to be missing (or I'm blind?).
This is definitely an issue since if you really want 4-5 greenskin leaders in the mod, they definitely need different traits in order to differentiate them; greenskins are going to be very very similar as it is.

double check the list ;) i went back and changed the other greenskin leaders, every leader has unique trait combos now (i dont think any one has the same as another)

As long as you're changing racial promotions, I'd suggest dwarven gives +20% hill attack and defense, and 20% poison resistance. No double move in hills

ill do the same to skaven.

Excellent... Better balance of traits, and with the new units listed for Estalia and Tilea, yay! ;)

And the Comet of Cassandora will maybe have the coolest effects of a spell (graphics wise).

And the Comet of Cassandora will maybe have the coolest effects of a spell (graphics wise).

alas, no :( for some reason the nuke explosion effect isnt there :( id like some form of large explosion to occur but do you think i can find where i need to specify what effect should be used? nope... :(

Related to Ahrimans post, do all leaders need 3 traits? I realize that not all leaders have 3 traits but two will be easier to balence and will preserve Sids idea of 'intersting choices'. If one leader for a civ is good at all things, then there is no need to have another leader. Also, the Slayer dwarf has the exact same traits as Throgrim minus one. I dont remember which trait that is, but currently slayer dwarf is worse in all ways than thorgrim.

ill do the same to skaven.

I'd suggest something different. Dwarves as a faction are supposed to have very strong, tough individual units, particularly in hill terrain.
Skaven should have a different feel; weak units, with poison and good withdraw chances.
I propose instead that the skaven promotion should be 50% poison resistance, +10% withdraw chance.

See my Skaven suggestions in the Tilea/Estalia/Araby/Cathay/Nippon/UnderEmpire thread for details.

Version 1.4 is uploading now. will take at least 7 hours and 20 minutes so im going to go to bed and HOPEFULLY it will have finished when i wake up (without stuffing up)

ill open a new bug thread for this version now as well :p

Without actually reading the whole thread, noticed there was a "spites" resource and "spite" promotion.... Isn't is supposed to be "sp*r*ite? (sprite)? Just wondering if it was mispelled in the mod, too.

Top Bottom