This game is really fun...

DukeofDokken

Chieftain
I find it hard to believe that fans of other civ titles would not enjoy this one. Even depite the simplicity compared to the other Civs, it still provides a challenge. I almost equate it to playing a little longer board game. It's perfect for a nice civ fix when you know your time will be limited in coming days.

And even though I wasn't a fans of the provided maps, with a few add ons you can play on realistic maps like, a smaller earth, USA, Uk, and the south pacific. With the reduced price tag I'd definitely pick it up if you have a ps3 or 360.

I played a lot of civ2, but have been playing CivRev for a while. To me, the big difference is that you can play CivRev in a single sitting. Civ2, even on a small map, took a long time to play. Features which are new and which I like are:

1. Culture and Great People. Especially the fact that your cultural borders are closed to enemies unless they declare war.

2. Needing certain techs in order to open most resources. At first this really annoyed me. However, it allows the game to include resources which would be unbalancing if you got access to them right away.

3. Era Bonuses, Economic Bonuses and First-to-Learn Bonuses. This is somewhat qualified because, at least in SP, it tends to make the rich richer. If you fall behind early, it is very hard to catch up.

I assume that some or all of these features were added as part of Civs 3 & 4.

This is somewhat qualified because, at least in SP, it tends to make the rich richer. If you fall behind early, it is very hard to catch up.

I think this is even more true in MP against good players because the AI will tend to stagnate while human opponents will (if they're any good) attempt to finish the game. If somebody gets far ahead it can be extremely challenging to catch up. I consider this a feature since it's meant to be a quicker game. It can be won quickly (quick being somewhere from fifteen minutes to two hours most of the time).

I know this game is really fun. I got this game 3 days after it came out.

I agree with the sentiments above, the more I play this version the more I like it. Even though I am retired, I still don't have time to play the full (BTS) version and as I have stated before, it now takes me less time to lose on Rev....I am playing on Deity at the moment and still haven't won a game, although I'm improving.

Definitely. I've been frickin' addicted to this game for a while now, losing the usual sleep due to how much fun it is!

And I've tried twice now to play Civ 4 too, but that's a different kind of fun - more drawn out, much more time needed, etc etc.

Rev is good for one-game-an-evening.

I've won with every leader. Once you play it alot it can get boring. Since it can take a single sitting to win or lose. However In civ IV I don't finish games in single sittings. So if i have to save, im excited to come back and continue so i can win.

I've won with every leader. Once you play it alot it can get boring. Since it can take a single sitting to win or lose. However In civ IV I don't finish games in single sittings. So if i have to save, im excited to come back and continue so i can win.

Try playing online. Another human is the most dangerous game.

Top Bottom