Loosing all battles?

You hope you don't mean taking out barb camps with scouts. Barb camps are never a problem since you should be pumping out archers and upgrading them to CB for rush if you intend to go that way. Even if you don't intend on early rush, should do archers to protect settlers. Melee units don't even enter the equation except for capturing cities and meatshields. I usually only use the starting warrior to steal workers from AI. If you really want to do easy DomV, try one of the strong civ with broken UU such as Huns, Mongolia, Arabia, Zulu, China, England etc. You'll literally be playing a different game. Trust me Japan UA isn't as good as you think.

Japan was good before G&K. In G&K and BNW, if your unit cause 25 damage out of 100 with full health. Your unit at 10 HP may cause about 16 damage and their own death. Japan's UA will make your unit cause 25 at 10 HP... and their own death.

Try any of Sclb if you want a REAL advantage in domination victory, or maybe Assyria, Babylon and Korea (if you know how latter two meant to be played)

There are two case that make AI have comparatively ton of unit.
1. You are playing at higher difficulty than you can handle (Seriously, you are perhaps not that good).
2. You build so many early wonders, Free tech and policy is great but AI spend 40 turns of production on his 10-units army and you have little more than starting warriors. Great Library also don't make defending easier for some reason.

BTW, Can you give us more information? What is your attacking armies and what AI destroy you with?

If you really want to do easy DomV, try one of the strong civ with broken UU such as Huns, Mongolia, Arabia, Zulu, China, England etc. You'll literally be playing a different game. Trust me Japan UA isn't as good as you think.

Forgive my ignorance here but what do you mean by 'broken UU'?

"Broken UU" means a particular Civ's Unique Unit which is so strong that it's overpowered and unbalanced, making the game significantly easier.

There's a broken UU? Most OP uu for their era usually take long to build which almost makes them equal to other units.

There's a broken UU? Most OP uu for their era usually take long to build which almost makes them equal to other units.

That's why you prebuild prerequisite units and then upgrade when you get the tech. Except for Huns, but they have another advantage in their UA built in.

Yeah, that's a good way to get high hammer cost UUs. Btw, if you use professional army from honor tree, upgrade costs become a lot cheaper.

Im struggling a lot in deity domination. The AI respawn rate is incredibly difficult for me to handle. THey just keep coming back even if i kill a lot. I dont know how to handle those warmonger ai that keeps spreading more and more cities. I am a bad player but I dont have much problem in Immortal. Most of the time Ill outtech AI by industrial era (immortal) and only won through CV or SV. I only won once with Poland for DomV in Immortal.

Im struggling a lot in deity domination. The AI respawn rate is incredibly difficult for me to handle. THey just keep coming back even if i kill a lot. I dont know how to handle those warmonger ai that keeps spreading more and more cities. I am a bad player but I dont have much problem in Immortal. Most of the time Ill outtech AI by industrial era (immortal) and only won through CV or SV. I only won once with Poland for DomV in Immortal.

Some say road from Immortal to Deity is as long as from Prince to Immortal. AI start with 2 settlers, FOUR extra tech researched and massive bonus ahead of you. So look around Strategy & Tips would help.

BTW, Why do you think you are bad player when you can play along at Immortal?!?

You hope you don't mean taking out barb camps with scouts. Barb camps are never a problem since you should be pumping out archers and upgrading them to CB for rush if you intend to go that way.

Once you have an archer or two, things get easy. Those first many turns all I have is two scouts and a warrior -- so that is what I use barb camps. Axe men on camps usually have to wait...

Killing off barbs with scouts isn't recommended since they too could get composites out of nowhere sometimes. Not only composites but barbs also get horsemen early sometimes too.

What spawns out of the barb camp depends on general tech level of AI, and deity AI reaches medieval really quick. Even on peaceful games, sometimes I take the detour to get CB to clear camps if there are lots of barb spawns.

There are several approaches to this. If you feel you're comfortable with SV, you can first try a late game DomV with Xcom/stealth bomber, or modern armor/bombers or any variation. All you need is to take and keep the capitals so you plan efficient routes to get to them. In the case of Xcom, all you need is vision of the capitals, which means planting a spy.

Otherwise there are more usual approaches of artillery rush, or crossbow rush.

Top Bottom