How to take a photo while in-game?

generalwar

Philosopher
How to take a screenshot while in game? It's stupid question, but I can't find answer anywhere.

can someone answer this, please? I would like to take screenies now, if possible.

I play on a Mac with Bootcamp, and would like to know this too.

@OP: If you're playing on a PC, I think there's a "print screen" button on the keyboard. Macs don't have that:(

I play on a Mac with Bootcamp, and would like to know this too.

@OP: If you're playing on a PC, I think there's a "print screen" button on the keyboard. Macs don't have that:(

I'll try, thanks.:D

Yeah, use the <print screen> key. You'll then have a .tga image in the screenshots directory, it's in the same place as your saves. Also you could use Fraps or another 3rd party program...

So, does anyone know how to take a screen with a Mac keyboard??

For a standard screenshot (saved to desktop) in OSX with a Mac keyboard;
(Apple key)<&#8984;> + <Shift> + <3> and release, then click on which screen to capture.

*I have no idea if this works while running Civ, but it may be worth a try... also windowed mode might work if full screen doesn't.

For a standard screenshot (saved to desktop) in OSX with a Mac keyboard;
(Apple key)<&#8984;> + <Shift> + <3> and release, then click on which screen to capture.

*I have no idea if this works while running Civ, but it may be worth a try... also windowed mode might work if full screen doesn't.

The apple key pops up the start menu (ie, it closes civ without exiting the program) so that won't work.:( I'm not sure how to activate windowed mode for the game - haven't seen anything in the options.

Thanks though!

i press and hold 'alt' then press print screen button.. then i exit and paste into paint or other similar program

Top Bottom