Cutoff dates

A_Fishtank

Chieftain
Hey all, right off the bat just want to say Ive never before used a forum page like this before, so I probably am pretty illiterate when it comes to how to actually use this website... Here's hoping I don't look too much like a fool.

Anyways, I was directed here by the Steam forums. I am looking to see if there is any particular setting or mod available as the title suggests: Cutoff dates. I just want to be able to control what techs can and cant be researched in-game. Doesn't have to be multiplayer, I am just looking for something with AI players. So far I haven't really been able to dig anything up. The guy in the Steam forums pointed out some mods that ended at specific eras, which is OK, but I would love to go a lot deeper than that. Anyways, anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Side note: As I mentioned, I have never ever used a forum system like this, so if I don't respond or anything along those lines its nothing personal, I just am not well versed is all :3

TLDR: Looking for mod to ban specific techs, also I dont know how to use this forum

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

A_Fishtank: I'm not sure if qqqbbb's link (Researching all Current Era's Techs Before Advancing to the Next Era?) gets at what you're asking, but I'm also not clear on what you're asking. What's supposed to happen at your cutoff date? Techs can't be researched until the date occurs?

Basically what I am getting at is preventing a certain point of techs being researched. Of course, there are era cutoff mods (I've seen those) but what I am looking for is a way to prevent individual techs from being able to be researched in the game. Hope that helps

Not specifically. What I am trying to create is basically Age Of Empires, if that makes sense. Have only like Frigates, Privateers, Ships of the Line, Samurai, Crossbowman, Longswordsman that type of technology. I find the game a lot more fun in the early stages but when technology really starts taking a role in modern units I find it less fun

The tree, as I am looking right now, would not have gunpowder, metallurgy, chemistry, rifling, industrialization, scientific theory and archaeology. One of the ticks though is that I think fertilizer would be ok to have, but it's cut off according to the list I made.

Edit: Dont know if it was implied, but all techs past the points I outlined wouldnt be researchable as well

Aha, thanks :D Looks like its exactly it. Ill mess about with it

Edit: Roughly what I am looking for, unfortunately there are just a couple techs that I wish I could remove. The age doesn't really encompass that and lacks just a little. Very very close though

unfortunately there are just a couple techs that I wish I could remove. The age doesn't really encompass that and lacks just a little.

If you are more exact, we can tell you exactly what you need to do...

In the list I previously had, most of the techs I didn't want to have were cut out with the Renaissance mod that Pangolin listed, but metallurgy, Chemistry and gunpowder are still there, and those would be great to have gone

Top Bottom