Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, I have someone worthwhile to say on the forums :3

Are you certain and set with the code in regardes to leader flavor and Civ support? The sooner moders can add support in, the better. Less updating after the fact.

Not exactly. I've recently added a third government that will be available on release, so their Legislature Factions will need finalising before they can get unique civ-specific names. I dunno how many modders outside myself and CL have done Sov. support for Prime Ministers and govt. preferences and the like, but the unique names for Factions is something that is WIP.

The main way is through spreading your religion to other civs/city-states, or by fulfilling the conditions of your first follower belief. What are your follower beliefs? You can also take one of the policies from the Piety tree, if you have enough Faith to spend on units/buildings, which rewards Piety (only good for the capital at this stage, obvs).

You won't be able to spread your religion internally until you can pick up your Piety level.

Thanks! I'm certain this information will help me.

Love your work, BTW!

To anyone who wants to help or has the ability to do vast amounts of research and filling out excel sheets in 5 hours, come help fill out the Political Party list for JFD's Sov component.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tkm1NWHAicmctUsQpwazzUrIyPfFLCxpOnNRjHmvJR0/edit#gid=0

Make sure you BOLD any additions you make.

If the civ you are looking at has no modern day political parties, such as a Shoshone Libertarian party, use party names from the Civ now exists over that cultural land/have inherited the culture legacy. So for Shoshone, you would do American, swapping any references to America with Shoshone

Once that list is complete, or if you can't find any additional parties, feel free to add to this modded Civ list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FI2blsVkfNeNMa3GWdoT8ISa2a0rDqQoHBJMhX66bXg/edit#gid=0

Thanks for any help

I noticed when I installed RtP that the splash screen for Pyramids reverts back to saying you receive 2 free workers, however you gain a free settler now.

To whomever is making changes to the Unique Political Parties doc - thank you, of course, but please don't change existing names, only fill out blanks, or if you absolutely feel something should be changed, put it as a / after the original with a comment, so I can consider it. The original names were added with intent and were done with knowledge of the mod in mind. For instance, Sultan is used over Caliph because Caliph is a title reserved for Theocracies in the mod. I appreciate the help, but please respect the originals.

Hey JFD. I really need your help here. I'm having some problems, not sure what is the cause, here are the logs and stuff you need in a zip file attached to the post + a screenshot of the mod list, also attached.

Thanks in advance, Husky :)

Question: Are the EUI comp files not updated on steam, cause they seem to remain the same version for me all the time even as the mod it self gets an update.

Attachments

• Database+Lua+XML_Husky.zip
    29 KB · Views: 34
  • 20160709204851_1.jpg
    20160709204851_1.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 137
JFD, have you addressed compatibility with CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility?

JFD, have you addressed compatibility with CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility?
Are you talking about the CBP Events and Decisions modmod or the standard events of CPP? I've noticed that they don´t work for me in the last couple of games while they do for other players. Trying to narrow it down and RtP/CultDiv could have something to do with it (only mods updated save CPP since the games where it worked).

\Skodkim

To anyone who wants to help or has the ability to do vast amounts of research and filling out excel sheets in 5 hours, come help fill out the Political Party list for JFD's Sov component.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tkm1NWHAicmctUsQpwazzUrIyPfFLCxpOnNRjHmvJR0/edit#gid=0

Make sure you BOLD any additions you make.

If the civ you are looking at has no modern day political parties, such as a Shoshone Libertarian party, use party names from the Civ now exists over that cultural land/have inherited the culture legacy. So for Shoshone, you would do American, swapping any references to America with Shoshone

Once that list is complete, or if you can't find any additional parties, feel free to add to this modded Civ list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FI2blsVkfNeNMa3GWdoT8ISa2a0rDqQoHBJMhX66bXg/edit#gid=0

Thanks for any help

Well JDF or Kesler (whichever one sees this first), the first link with all the political parties and leader titles it done, I will say, it took me a bit more than 5 hours to finish this one :). However thanks to the help of a lot of research and many other people who contributed to the list, the political parties are all filled in and ready for you guys to enter into your code. I will look at the second list now and see if I can compile the parties for your modded civs (I will be taking a break for a bit so I may not be able to start right away).

A quick note, on the first list of political parties and leader titles, for every political party or leader title I entered in I put a comment next to it explaining either 1)Why I put it there or 2)What the title and party means or how it was used or applied within that civ. Others who came onto the list and added things seem to have done the same as well which should help you both when you are entering in the names. I should be pretty easy to identify when you are looking at the comments (as my name on the forum is Daniel Empire, which I named after my likeness :king: ). So if you find a comment left by someone with the last name "Daniel" then that was me who left the comment.

If you have any questions about what I added just let me know, I'm gonna start compiling the second list now.

Hi!
I seem to be having problems playing with the new CP alongside RtP and CiD. I crash at turn 100-150. I noticed that the state religion and world map screen in the religions tab can't be opened. I've played multiple games on earlier versions, and used to load a lot more mods while playing. Is this a known issue, or is it only on my part?
-Tommi

Hi!
I seem to be having problems playing with the new CP alongside RtP and CiD. I crash at turn 100-150. I noticed that the state religion and world map screen in the religions tab can't be opened. I've played multiple games on earlier versions, and used to load a lot more mods while playing. Is this a known issue, or is it only on my part?
-Tommi

Provide Lua log.

Hi guys! Longtime no post (long time no errors! :)

I am having a problem with the corporations list suddenly appearing (during Renaissance, when there are no corporations) It then just sits there (doesn't actually crash, you just can't do anything)

Code shows as follows:
Spoiler :
[15945.812] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 25)\Components\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Save Utils\TableSaverLoader016.lua:363: Error loading tables: checksumOld=19, checksumNew=0
[15945.812] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 25)\Components/Mercenaries/Lua/JFD_RTP_Mercenaries_Functions.lua.
[16436.140] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 25)\Components\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Save Utils\TableSaverLoader016.lua:363: Error loading tables: checksumOld=19, checksumNew=0
[16436.140] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Robyn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 25)\Components/Mercenaries/Lua/JFD_RTP_Mercenaries_Functions.lua.
ALL have to do with the Mercenaries function. Is there any cheap and easy fix to this? Now, this error exists regardless if I try to load earlier versions of that game, even though it worked earlier?

Update: I tried turning off RtP, but that just crashes the game

Thank you, and you are all awesome!

Well JDF or Kesler (whichever one sees this first), the first link with all the political parties and leader titles it done, I will say, it took me a bit more than 5 hours to finish this one :). However thanks to the help of a lot of research and many other people who contributed to the list, the political parties are all filled in and ready for you guys to enter into your code. I will look at the second list now and see if I can compile the parties for your modded civs (I will be taking a break for a bit so I may not be able to start right away).

A quick note, on the first list of political parties and leader titles, for every political party or leader title I entered in I put a comment next to it explaining either 1)Why I put it there or 2)What the title and party means or how it was used or applied within that civ. Others who came onto the list and added things seem to have done the same as well which should help you both when you are entering in the names. I should be pretty easy to identify when you are looking at the comments (as my name on the forum is Daniel Empire, which I named after my likeness :king: ). So if you find a comment left by someone with the last name "Daniel" then that was me who left the comment.

If you have any questions about what I added just let me know, I'm gonna start compiling the second list now.

This is truly fantastic stuff! Thank you, Sir Daniel; a worthy effort of an Imperial Knight :) Sorry to get back to you so late - just started back at uni, etc. etc. This is a tremendous help. Although atm Sovereignty work has been put on hold (RL things to do, other mods to update/release), these will certainly speed things along. Thank you much :D

Hi All,

Im having a problem after i try to load a game after researching mercenaries, the contracts overview is already open upon loading and their is no way for me to close it so i can continue.

I am running these mods:

Vox Populi w/ EUI
JFD Cities in Development for EUI
JFD Cultural Diversity
JFD Exploration continued expanded
JFD Rise to Power for EUI
Ynaemp
Ingame Editor

Can anyone help with this?

Sorry just to add also i believe all of these are all the most up to date version as i have download in last couple of days

Thanks guys

Hi All,

Im having a problem after i try to load a game after researching mercenaries, the contracts overview is already open upon loading and their is no way for me to close it so i can continue.

I am running these mods:

Vox Populi w/ EUI
JFD Cities in Development for EUI
JFD Cultural Diversity
JFD Exploration continued expanded
JFD Rise to Power for EUI
Ynaemp
Ingame Editor

Can anyone help with this?

Sorry just to add also i believe all of these are all the most up to date version as i have download in last couple of days

Thanks guys

This problem was caused by a conflict with between ExCE and Corporations, iirc, and was fixed a while ago.

My first post and now i already look like an idiot, i did not install the beta version like it says too.

I will try this tonight and see if it solves my problem.

This problem was caused by a conflict with between ExCE and Corporations, iirc, and was fixed a while ago.

Thank you for the response, i believe its because i did not follow the simple installation instructions of using the beta version.

Ill give it a try when i get back from work :)

Just like to say great work on all the mods done by JFD and the guys helping him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom