True Alternative Leaders

I'm curious as to how this affects "split mods." For example, how does this affect the Celtic and Polynesian split? Do they all just get slapped into a Celtic and Polynesian category respectively? Also, how far does this mod go? Are civs like Canada and the Inuits going to stay in their own category/civ?

Also, will this change Harun-Al Rashid's "Arabia" into Abbasid if I use mods such as the Umayyads?

I'm curious as to how this affects "split mods." For example, how does this affect the Celtic and Polynesian split? Do they all just get slapped into a Celtic and Polynesian category respectively? Also, how far does this mod go? Are civs like Canada and the Inuits going to stay in their own category/civ?

Also, will this change Harun-Al Rashid's "Arabia" into Abbasid if I use mods such as the Umayyads?

1. If Pouakai has done support, then yes (meaning: no)
1.5 Yes, they will get their own section
2. If the Umayyid mod changes their name, then yes. Otherwise, the Umayyid mod will either be under 'Arabia', or have their own separate section.

Hey, I'm new here :D, thanks for you works.
I have a question!

"Compaibility
This mod is fully and automatically compatible with Enhanced User Interface, as well as the Third and Fourth Unique Components mod."

So, if I download one of your new civs, does that have the 3rd and 4th component?

Hey, I'm new here :D, thanks for you works.
I have a question!

"Compaibility
This mod is fully and automatically compatible with Enhanced User Interface, as well as the Third and Fourth Unique Components mod."

So, if I download one of your new civs, does that have the 3rd and 4th component?

No - the statement means that if you use 3/4UC, the additional components will be visible on the setup screen. This mod doesn't add anything to gameplay, it just changes the setup screen.

No - the statement means that if you use 3/4UC, the additional components will be visible on the setup screen. This mod doesn't add anything to gameplay, it just changes the setup screen.

Oh, I see! Thank you for your answer ^^"

After updating to the latest version of EUI, TAL is no longer working with CulDiv. It works correctly without CulDiv though, so let me know if you'd rather want this reported over there. I've never had this problem before with TAL/CulDiv/EUI, so I imagine it's something that needs to be updated to the new EUI version. Also, let me know if you need anything else.

Screenshot
Spoiler :

Modlist
Spoiler :
Community Patch (v. 72) (version from March 9th)
Ingame Editor (v. 39)
JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v. 6)

Enhanced User Interface DLC (version from March 11th)
True Alternative Leaders
Lua log
Spoiler :
Code:
[92181.031] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[92222.640] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[92222.640] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[92223.093] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[92223.093] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[92288.859] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[92288.859] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[92296.156] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[92296.156] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[92310.187] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[92310.203] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[92333.906] SelectCivilization: mod activate
[92333.953] SelectCivilization: mod activate
[92334.015] SelectCivilization: mod activate
[92365.281] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: in function 'AddLeaderEntry'
	Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:190: in function <Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:188>
[92365.750] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: in function 'AddLeaderEntry'
	Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:190: in function <Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:188>
[92366.062] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[92366.328] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[92366.609] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[92367.390] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[92369.171] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:196: in function <Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:194>
[92369.531] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:196: in function <Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:194>
[92369.843] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[92370.125] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)
stack traceback:

TAL doesn't work with scenarios - you're unable to change your leader.

Code:
[9286.255] SelectCivilization: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:572:  Cannot find key - CivilizationID
[9286.255] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:254: attempt to index local 'civ' (a nil value)

Hi there, doesn't look like this works with Enhanced UI at the moment. Guessing this needs an update seeing as the last last EUI update was on the 11th March 2016, a few days ago.

Error for me is that it does not appear at all, reverts leader selection screen to original version. Works fine when I remove EUI though. This was all without going into the mod menu and just testing with the single player game set-up screen.

Hello everyone! I'm new here and obviously not as knowledgeable. First, does this mod work for Mac App Store Civ 5? I finally found an asset folder, but when I go to replace files, I can't find the ones in the DLC one. So, I was wondering if someone could explain to me, step by step, how to install this component. I'm also confused as to what to do with the Back-up files and wether I should only install the Civ Selection Alt one, or both. Thank you in advanced for your help.

Sorry if this has been answered already but does this work in the advanced setup screen?

Sorry if this has been answered already but does this work in the advanced setup screen?

Advanced Setup lists all civs anyway - what would be the point in separating it more? No, it doesn't because they're completely different screens.

Advanced Setup lists all civs anyway - what would be the point in separating it more? No, it doesn't because they're completely different screens.

It only has the flat list, I think something like this would be far more concise

It only has the flat list, I think something like this would be far more concise

I can't imagine that those drop downs will be very moddable at all, so I wouldn't get too hopeful.

The Civ selection screen is corrupted; the common denominator causing the issue appears to be Muscovy, but I'm not sure. It works in vanilla, however.

Code:
[1994.425] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)

Thank you so much JDF, truly a giant among modders.

I wonder what the producers of CIV V are doing???

They should really fix the game and take you guys as inspiration guides!

Also...how cool would it be if all these modded civs could be played on Gedemons world map with 62 civs, including city states and world congress AND multiplayer :)

Ok that was a wet dream.

Hi I'm not a modder and don't know a lot about coding and stuff. But, I'm having a problem with using mods with this.
Spoiler :

Does anyone know a way so there's not two Frances, Great Britains, Germanys, etc? I know the initial post says
To add support, fill the tag 'DerivativeCiv' in the Civilizations table with the tag of an existing civilization
and I opened up the Djoser file like it said to do as a reference. However like I said I don't know a lot about coding and am afraid that me messing with the mods will just mess them or even the game up some way.

The civs that have the problem are old; just try adding the DerivativeCiv tag - you'll know if you mess up.

Top Bottom