Arison's Mythologies

Yeah the civ does need a redesign, but now that I know what is possible to have in game and what isn't so I should be able to come up with something.

Yeah, hopefully we can finally end up with a design that is possible/playable/fun. Actually, bigger emphasis on that last one than the others. Oh, and the design should be understandable. Just use the right terms for the stuff that can be done and then kind of leave out/make doable the rest. Should be right.

Okay so I've been hammering away at the design for some days now, pretty much finished the designs. But I've hit some stumps and I'm also short on time as of late so I'll be handing over the designs to you. First up is Arghun Khan!

The Ilkanate under Arghun Khan

Spoiler :
UA: The Franco-Mongol Alliance
Defensive Pacts give a combat boost to your units, gain access to unowned luxuries in allied Civilisation territory. (I want something else here but I can't think of anything)

UU: Ilkhan Embassy (Great Merchant Replacement)
Cannot build Custom Houses, gain more influence from Trade Mission than Gold and can perform a 'Foreign Mission' into another Civilisation with or without open borders. This will give you a sum of golden age points and you will be gifted maintenance free units.

UU: War Galley (Privateer Replacement)
Whenever you become an ally with a City State or Civilisation a War Galley spawns in all of your coastal cities. If stationed in an allied Civilisation's territory the ships have no maintenance, any ships that are captured by you in Allied territory are given to that Civilisation rather than coming under your control.

Next up is Kök Tengri, now I have to mention two things before I show you the design. Like all good mythologies in the Turkic pantheon you get gods that are sometimes split from another God and made into their own Diety. This is the case with Tengri and Ulgan, Ulgan possess (pretty much) all the powers and attributes that Tengri has and when ever the gods are much up with each other Ulgan is usally below, next to or identified as the same with Tengri (hell when Tengri ascended to heaven he changed his name to Tengri Ülgen) so as a result I have combined the two (which is just making the same God) and so this design has elements of both gods.

As for the design itself most of it is theory/UC that are related to Tengri but I haven't put into the core design of I am happy with. So only he first two UC you could consider and being apart of the core design. Also to mentioned horse sacrifice was performed a lot for both Tengri and Ulgan and I didn't want to make another shrine replacement since I already did that for Erkilhan, so I was thinking maybe make it the decision you could make when you have HR installed. Problem is in HR the decision that Tengrism can make is too make a sacrifice to the Yer-Sub (the nature spirits of the mythology). So we maybe swap out the sacrifice to the Yer-Sub with a horse sacrifice to Kök Tengri and if you wanted we could incorporate the Yer-Sub into the design. But that's up to you, also in you search up Turkic mythology and go to images the third from e left is a one worth looking at. I would link it to you but I'm having difficulties in doing so.

Also did you see the facts posted with the Erkilhan design in the last post?

Uçmak under Kök Tengri

Spoiler :
UA: Creator of the world
May spend faith to terraform terrain or to create citizens in cities, may also spend faith to discover resources (particularly animal resources) and can also give certain units (both military and civilian) A boost to either (or all) strength, speed, sight, health etc.

UU: Kam (Great Prophet Replacement)
As well as having the normal abilities of the Great Prophet the Kam can perform a 'Guidance Quest' where after spending some faith and food from the nearest friendly city you will gain a burst of science, culture and golden age points. The Kam does not get expended while performing the quest but can only perform this action once every certain amount of turns.

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
UB: Tree of Life (Palace Replacement)
Normal bonuses plus it also provides + 10 faith, +4 science and +3 culture, food, production and golden age points.

Spoiler :
UB: Tengri's Judgement (Courthouse Replacement)
Normal bonuses of the plus it can be built anywhere, provides +1 faith and slowly converts a city to your religion.

Spoiler :
UU: Akoghlanlar (Great General Replacement)
Can not build citadels or give units a combat bonus, may attack and defend and has two hundred HP, each Great General has a unique ability based on who they are* and can enter borders freely.

Spoiler :
*The Akoghlanlar and their abilities
Karshyt Han or Karşıt: The god of purity.
May discover oases and rivers and can convert foreign missionaries and Great Prophets to your side. Also can remove all fallout within your empire regardless of Karshyt Han's location within the empire.

Pura Han or Bura: The god of horses.
May discover sources of horses and can construct stables and mounted units. Also has more movement points and can

Burcha Han or Burça Kan: The god of prosperity.
When garrisoned increases the gold production of the city, double if the city has a connection to the capital. Increases the gold production of another civ when in their borders, same when in your borders.

Yashyl Han or Yaşıl Kan: The god of nature.
Can also terraform terrain with faith (at an increased cost) and can increase the food amount in any tile for some movement points.

Karakush Han or Karakuş: The god of birds.
Extra movement and sight plus some sort of peer mechanic?

Kanym Han or Er Kanım: The god of confidence.
Gives the default GG combat boost to all nearby friendly units,

Bakhty Han or Baktı Kan: The god of blessing.
Can convert foreign units to your side and can 'bless' your units. Giving military units more combat strength and civilian units faster improvement constructions (workers) and double more yields from an action (great people).

Okay so I've been hammering away at the design for some days now, pretty much finished the designs. But I've hit some stumps and I'm also short on time as of late so I'll be handing over the designs to you. First up is Arghun Khan!

Spoiler :
Defensive Pacts give a combat boost to your units, gain access to unowned luxuries in allied Civilisation territory. (I want something else here but I can't think of anything)

Cannot build Custom Houses, gain more influence from Trade Mission than Gold and can perform a 'Foreign Mission' into another Civilisation with or without open borders. This will give you a sum of golden age points and you will be gifted maintenance free units.

Whenever you become an ally with a City State or Civilisation a War Galley spawns in all of your coastal cities. If stationed in an allied Civilisation's territory the ships have no maintenance, any ships that are captured by you in Allied territory are given to that Civilisation rather than coming under your control.

Next up is Kök Tengri, now I have to mention two things before I show you the design. Like all good mythologies in the Turkic pantheon you get gods that are sometimes split from another God and made into their own Diety. This is the case with Tengri and Ulgan, Ulgan possess (pretty much) all the powers and attributes that Tengri has and when ever the gods are much up with each other Ulgan is usally below, next to or identified as the same with Tengri (hell when Tengri ascended to heaven he changed his name to Tengri Ülgen) so as a result I have combined the two (which is just making the same God) and so this design has elements of both gods.

As for the design itself most of it is theory/UC that are related to Tengri but I haven't put into the core design of I am happy with. So only he first two UC you could consider and being apart of the core design. Also to mentioned horse sacrifice was performed a lot for both Tengri and Ulgan and I didn't want to make another shrine replacement since I already did that for Erkilhan, so I was thinking maybe make it the decision you could make when you have HR installed. Problem is in HR the decision that Tengrism can make is too make a sacrifice to the Yer-Sub (the nature spirits of the mythology). So we maybe swap out the sacrifice to the Yer-Sub with a horse sacrifice to Kök Tengri and if you wanted we could incorporate the Yer-Sub into the design. But that's up to you, also in you search up Turkic mythology and go to images the third from e left is a one worth looking at. I would link it to you but I'm having difficulties in doing so.

Also did you see the facts posted with the Erkilhan design in the last post?

Uçmak under Kök Tengri

Spoiler :
May spend faith to terraform terrain or to create citizens in cities, may also spend faith to discover resources (particularly animal resources) and can also give certain units (both military and civilian) A boost to either (or all) strength, speed, sight, health etc.

As well as having the normal abilities of the Great Prophet the Kam can perform a 'Guidance Quest' where after spending some faith and food from the nearest friendly city you will gain a burst of science, culture and golden age points. The Kam does not get expended while performing the quest but can only perform this action once every certain amount of turns.

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
UB: Tree of Life (Palace Replacement)
Normal bonuses plus it also provides + 10 faith, +4 science and +3 culture, food, production and golden age points.

Spoiler :
UB: Tengri's Judgement (Courthouse Replacement)
Normal bonuses of the plus it can be built anywhere, provides +1 faith and slowly converts a city to your religion.

Spoiler :
Can not build citadels or give units a combat bonus, may attack and defend and has two hundred HP, each Great General has a unique ability based on who they are* and can enter borders freely.

Spoiler :
May discover oases and rivers and can convert foreign missionaries and Great Prophets to your side. Also can remove all fallout within your empire regardless of Karshyt Han's location within the empire.

May discover sources of horses and can construct stables and mounted units. Also has more movement points and can

When garrisoned increases the gold production of the city, double if the city has a connection to the capital. Increases the gold production of another civ when in their borders, same when in your borders.

Can also terraform terrain with faith (at an increased cost) and can increase the food amount in any tile for some movement points.

Extra movement and sight plus some sort of peer mechanic?

Gives the default GG combat boost to all nearby friendly units,

Can convert foreign units to your side and can 'bless' your units. Giving military units more combat strength and civilian units faster improvement constructions (workers) and double more yields from an action (great people).

Ok, love the Ilkhanate design, and for the something that needs adding to the UA maybe just make it that the maintenance of buildings connected by trade routes to a City State are decreased by your influence in that City State or something like that.

I'm torn between the Great General Replacement for Tengri and the Courthouse, simply because the courthouse is really cool, but the GG would tie it and the Erkilhan design together. Maybe make the two uniques the GG and the courthouse? I really can't decide on what it should be. These are all amazing.

And I did see the thing about Erklikhan. Maybe he should get a bonus animal resource from discovering ruins?

Ok, love the Ilkhanate design, and for the something that needs adding to the UA maybe just make it that the maintenance of buildings connected by trade routes to a City State are decreased by your influence in that City State or something like that.

I'm torn between the Great General Replacement for Tengri and the Courthouse, simply because the courthouse is really cool, but the GG would tie it and the Erkilhan design together. Maybe make the two uniques the GG and the courthouse? I really can't decide on what it should be. These are all amazing.

And I did see the thing about Erklikhan. Maybe he should get a bonus animal resource from discovering ruins?

Okay glad you liked it, for the Ilkhanate how does 'Cities that are connected to CS provide more gold than a capital connection and can increase CS influence over time'?

Yeah having the GG would tie in the Erkilhan design and make it feel like a good vs evil fight.I'm a fan of the Kams but Tengri was know for judging everyone fairly and accordingly. So I'm thinking maybe have the GG and GP replacement while incorporating the Courthouse design into the UA. Speaking about the GG do you have anything for Karakush Han? I'm stumped on him, bonus animal resources from discovering ruins? How so?

Okay glad you liked it, for the Ilkhanate how does 'Cities that are connected to CS provide more gold than a capital connection and can increase CS influence over time'?

Yeah having the GG would tie in the Erkilhan design and make it feel like a good vs evil fight.I'm a fan of the Kams but Tengri was know for judging everyone fairly and accordingly. So I'm thinking maybe have the GG and GP replacement while incorporating the Courthouse design into the UA. Speaking about the GG do you have anything for Karakush Han? I'm stumped on him, bonus animal resources from discovering ruins? How so?

Maybe he should count as a Fighter Unit (as the planes) or grant a massive combat bonus to all air units.

The animal resource thing would create an animal resource within three tiles of the nearest city you control whenever you discover ruins. It's just a small reference to the dinosaur named after him.

Okay take two of the Tengri Arghun designs! Took me a little bit to finish them, been very busy as if late (mainly with Ramadan). I feel like I have completed the theme for both of this civs, but I'll leave that up to you to decide. Also a question, have you made/thought any new designs that you want to make? I haven't seen anything after you finish your Aesir and Vanir design.

Spoiler :

Defensive Pacts give a combat boost to your units, gain access to unowned luxuries in allied Civilisation territory. Cities that are connected to a CS provide more gold than a capital connection and can increase the CS's influence over time.

Spoiler :
Uçmak under Kök Tengri

May spend faith to terraform terrain or too create citizens in cities, may also spend faith to discover resources (particularly animal resources) and can also give certain units (both military and civilian) A boost to either (or all) strength, speed, sight, health etc. Courthouses can be built in any city and provide faith and slowly converts the city to your religion while also providing the normal bonuses of a Courthouse.

As well as having the normal abilities of the Great Prophet the Kam can perform a 'Guidance Quest' where after spending some faith and food from the nearest friendly city you will gain a burst of science, culture and golden age points. The Kam does not get expended while performing the quest but can only perform this action once every certain amount of turns, cheaper to do when on animal resources.

Can not build citadels or give units a combat bonus, may attack and defend and has two hundred HP, each Great General has a unique ability based on who they *are and can enter borders freely.

Spoiler :
May discover oases and rivers and can convert foreign missionaries and Great Prophets to your side. Can also remove all fallout within your empire regardless of Karshyt Han's location within the empire.

May discover sources of horses and can construct stables and mounted units. Also has more movement points and provides all mounted units with extra combat strength and movement points.

When garrisoned increases the gold and science production of the city, double if the city has a connection to the capital. Increases the gold and science production of another civ when in their borders, same when in your borders.

Can also terraform terrain with faith (at an increased cost) and can increase the food amount in any tile for some movement points. Has no difficult terrain penalty and nearby units also gain the same benefits, nearby enemy units get the difficult terrain penalty regardless of what terrain they're on.

Has extra movement and give nearby friendly units extra movement, gives all air units extra combat strength and movement points and can do a range attack against enemies.

Gives the default GG combat boost to all nearby friendly units, nearby workers complete improvements faster and nearby cities also complete buildings and units faster.

Can convert foreign units to your side and can 'bless' your units. Giving military units more combat strength and civilian units faster improvement constructions (workers) and double the yields from an action (great people).

Okay take two of the Tengri Arghun designs! Took me a little bit to finish them, been very busy as if late (mainly with Ramadan). I feel like I have completed the theme for both of this civs, but I'll leave that up to you to decide. Also a question, have you made/thought any new designs that you want to make? I haven't seen anything after you finish your Aesir and Vanir design.

Spoiler :

Defensive Pacts give a combat boost to your units, gain access to unowned luxuries in allied Civilisation territory. Cities that are connected to a CS provide more gold than a capital connection and can increase the CS's influence over time.

Spoiler :
Uçmak under Kök Tengri

May spend faith to terraform terrain or too create citizens in cities, may also spend faith to discover resources (particularly animal resources) and can also give certain units (both military and civilian) A boost to either (or all) strength, speed, sight, health etc. Courthouses can be built in any city and provide faith and slowly converts the city to your religion while also providing the normal bonuses of a Courthouse.

As well as having the normal abilities of the Great Prophet the Kam can perform a 'Guidance Quest' where after spending some faith and food from the nearest friendly city you will gain a burst of science, culture and golden age points. The Kam does not get expended while performing the quest but can only perform this action once every certain amount of turns, cheaper to do when on animal resources.

Can not build citadels or give units a combat bonus, may attack and defend and has two hundred HP, each Great General has a unique ability based on who they *are and can enter borders freely.

Spoiler :
May discover oases and rivers and can convert foreign missionaries and Great Prophets to your side. Can also remove all fallout within your empire regardless of Karshyt Han's location within the empire.

May discover sources of horses and can construct stables and mounted units. Also has more movement points and provides all mounted units with extra combat strength and movement points.

When garrisoned increases the gold and science production of the city, double if the city has a connection to the capital. Increases the gold and science production of another civ when in their borders, same when in your borders.

Can also terraform terrain with faith (at an increased cost) and can increase the food amount in any tile for some movement points. Has no difficult terrain penalty and nearby units also gain the same benefits, nearby enemy units get the difficult terrain penalty regardless of what terrain they're on.

Has extra movement and give nearby friendly units extra movement, gives all air units extra combat strength and movement points and can do a range attack against enemies.

Gives the default GG combat boost to all nearby friendly units, nearby workers complete improvements faster and nearby cities also complete buildings and units faster.

Can convert foreign units to your side and can 'bless' your units. Giving military units more combat strength and civilian units faster improvement constructions (workers) and double the yields from an action (great people).

These look good, one thing to add to the Ilkhanate design is that the gifting of captured ships increases your influence. Other than that it all works fine. About your question, I've been milling over a Danann civ that I need a unique unit for, but can't think of one easily. Maybe a swordsman that is unlocked at bronze instead of iron? The Kami civ is kind of on the backburner for now, and I am not delving into Arrakis for a while. I've also been thinking about doing a Dal Riata civ or Minamoto's Japan for real civilisations. I haven't really been working on these things because I've been doing the design challenges. I should really just work on these things and forget the games.

I didn't put the part in about captured ships giving more influence since I don't think that's possible (pretty sure it is though) and plus there's enough stuff on that unit anyway. I'll ask around and see what I get, oh those look like some interesting civs. Need help looking for stuff?

I didn't put the part in about captured ships giving more influence since I don't think that's possible (pretty sure it is though) and plus there's enough stuff on that unit anyway. I'll ask around and see what I get, oh those look like some interesting civs. Need help looking for stuff?

I might need help with the Dal Riata and Japan ones, and I really need a UU for the Dannan, but I'll post what I've got for them and the Kami here:

Spoiler :
The Tuatha De Danann

Leader: Nuada Silverhand
Capital: ??
Start Bias: Hills/grassland?
Cul Div: Northern
Civ IV Trait: Expansive
Religion: Druidism

UA: The Forming of the Spear: When a Danann unit kills an enemy Great Person a Great Person spawns in your capital.
UU: ??
UB: Lia Fail: Unlike the Monument it replaces, the Lia Fail also provides a burst of happiness in the city it is built in whenever you adopt a new social policy and whenever a Great Person spawns in that city.

Spoiler :
The Kami

Leader: Amaterasu
Capital: Takamagahara
Start Bias: ??
Cul Div: Oriental
Civ IV Trait: Spiritual/ Philosophical
Religion: Shinto

UA: Yasanaki No Magatama: When a unit dies it can transfer 50% of its total exp to another unit nearby.
UU: Uzume: Unlocked at Bronze Working, Uzume increase happiness and culture production in a city when garrisoned.
UB: Weaving House: Unlike the Stable it replaces, the Weaving House produces 1 faith and 1 culture per turn, and can consume horses for a burst of faith and culture.

For the Dal Raita civ I'm thinking a raiding based civ, and the Japan one maybe have a culture/war focus or something like that.

Spoiler :
The Tuatha De Danann

UA: The Forming of the Spear: When a Danann unit kills an enemy Great Person a Great Person spawns in your capital.
UU: Dannan Warrior: Unlike the Swordsman it replaces, the Dannan Warrior is unlocked at Bronze Working and ??
UB: Lia Fail: Unlike the Monument it replaces, the Lia Fail also provides a burst of happiness in the city it is built in whenever you adopt a new social policy and whenever a Great Person spawns in that city.

If I could have some help with the UU it would be much appreciated.

Okay I really do have to apologies for the late response. For the Tuatha design I couldn't find anything to replace the warrior, but I do have something in mind which I'm going to keep from you as a surprise. I also have to ask about what happened with the Kami design and what you're doing in general. Also come to Discord! It's fun there.

Okay I really do have to apologies for the late response. For the Tuatha design I couldn't find anything to replace the warrior, but I do have something in mind which I'm going to keep from you as a surprise. I also have to ask about what happened with the Kami design and what you're doing in general. Also come to Discord! It's fun there.

1, please tell me the idea you have, 2, what do you mean with the Kami design, 3, what is Discord?

No! Nah okay so I was thinking that since the Tuatha are famous for The Four Treasures we could have a UA/UU that involves GG going on quest (think Endless Legends quests) with rewards for completing each part of the quest and then at the end of the quest you get the treasure (say for example the Lia Fáil) which is a national wonder. From a gameplay perspective this is really cool and it adds lore and story to the game, and also lots of cool national wonders!

With the Kami design I meant that you for help with both the Tuatha and Kami desings then you just switch to the Tuatha design. Go up two post from this post and you will see what I mean.

Oh uh, it's a voice and text chat room and in one of the servers that is where all the CFC modders have gone. It's instant and really useful, if you want in ask TPang for permission. I recommend it!

No! Nah okay so I was thinking that since the Tuatha are famous for The Four Treasures we could have a UA/UU that involves GG going on quest (think Endless Legends quests) with rewards for completing each part of the quest and then at the end of the quest you get the treasure (say for example the Lia Fáil) which is a national wonder. From a gameplay perspective this is really cool and it adds lore and story to the game, and also lots of cool national wonders!

With the Kami design I meant that you for help with both the Tuatha and Kami desings then you just switch to the Tuatha design. Go up two post from this post and you will see what I mean.

Oh uh, it's a voice and text chat room and in one of the servers that is where all the CFC modders have gone. It's instant and really useful, if you want in ask TPang for permission. I recommend it!

I see what you mean about the Treasures, but I've already referenced them in the other two uniques, and it's entirely possible that the Dannan were real and made into a legend through the course of history, and I want to reflect that. I'm thinking a swordsman that's unlocked at bronze. I would enjoy feedback on the Kami design, especially if you have a UI or second UU that might not be seen as offensive by some people because it is guaranteed that some will.

On the subject of a chat site like that, the last time I joined one it took less than a year to collapse into hell. I don't think I'm that good in a forum where there's spare time to not bounce ideas off of people. Also, Senshi will probably kill me if I go on that and he's already there. Or he will rejoice, which will be much much worse. Thanks for the offer, though.

Ah right, the UA and UB yeah? It is actually a lot of these legends and mythologies have possinility of being real. I personally belive that the Kami and in particular Amaterasu were real, there's lots of evidence to support it. Hmm yeah I'll see what I can find, might have to come up with a generic name though, the Kami desing is all fine and good. All though I have to ask, why would a Weaving House need horses for?

Collapse into hell? How so? That second sentance of yours is confusing, aren't you and Senshi IRL friends? If so you should totally come and 'cheer' him up!

Ah right, the UA and UB yeah? It is actually a lot of these legends and mythologies have possinility of being real. I personally belive that the Kami and in particular Amaterasu were real, there's lots of evidence to support it. Hmm yeah I'll see what I can find, might have to come up with a generic name though, the Kami desing is all fine and good. All though I have to ask, why would a Weaving House need horses for?

Collapse into hell? How so? That second sentance of yours is confusing, aren't you and Senshi IRL friends? If so you should totally come and 'cheer' him up!

It's a reference to Amaterasu's fight with her brother that resulted in him throwing a flayed horse into her weaving house.

And I don't do well on IM pages. Just believe me. I asked to be called something different once and was banned. I don't know why.

Oh right yeah, nice way to tie that event in. Didn't he also burn down her rice farm? Man that story (and the cave bit especially) just gives more evidence to the theory that Amaterasu and the Kami were real people.

What really? That's strange, you most certainly won't get that there. It's not unfriendly or anything, and you don't have to be active all day everyday. Just when ever you want to talk, and you'd get a lot of work and support there as well. Trust me you won't regret it, worth popping in every now and again.

Oh right yeah, nice way to tie that event in. Didn't he also burn down her rice farm? Man that story (and the cave bit especially) just gives more evidence to the theory that Amaterasu and the Kami were real people.

What really? That's strange, you most certainly won't get that there. It's not unfriendly or anything, and you don't have to be active all day everyday. Just when ever you want to talk, and you'd get a lot of work and support there as well. Trust me you won't regret it, worth popping in every now and again.

Yeah, might get Senshi to give me the link so I can get on. Have you got any ideas for the alternate swordsman? Other than being unlocked at bronze working what should I give it?

So I've been reviewing the Danann with Senshi and came up with this:
Spoiler :
The Tuatha De Danann

UA: The Forming of the Spear: When a Danann unit kills an enemy Great Person, a Great Person spawns in your capital. Food production increases during golden ages.
UU: Dannan Warrior: Unlike the Swordsman it replaces, the Dannan Warrior is unlocked at Bronze Working and gains a +15% combat bonus during golden ages.
UB: Lia Fail: Unlike the Monument it replaces, the Lia Fail also provides golden age points in whenever you adopt a new social policy and whenever a Great Person spawns in that city.

Ah right so do you know where Discord is now? Yeah I was really trying not to just call it Dannan Warrior but we have no other choice (for now), the design looks all good and complete now. Got anything else in mind?

Top Bottom