Complete list of easter eggs in Civ3

Sorry for posting on a forum that had no posts for some 3 months but I have an Easter Egg: If you have troops in Dutch territory without a Rite of Passage, when William of Orange pops up to comment about the troops on his land, he says "Your troops are not exactly tip-toeing through the tulips of $CITY3, $PLAYER0. May I be so bold as to suggest that you recall them at once?" I believe there is a song called "Tiptoe through the Tulips" that this Border Warning is referencing.

My apologies for bumping this, but the song was done by Tiny Tim and can be viewed on YouTube. Search for Tiptoe Through the Tulips.

One time the science advisor told me, "Compared to most people, you have the IQ of a carrot." :)

There is a link to it in Turners' signature, you'll see his posts in the quick answers newbie thread. By the way, this is the wrong thread for such questions.

One of several Beatles references.

I love the civilopedia articles for airfields, railoads, and coal in the Napoleon scenario.

"What's an airfield? A field full of air? That's just silly!" :lol:

The definition for airfield was something like that.

If you are defeated in Civilization III, sometimes a leader will say "All you're leading now is Jack and Spit, and Jack left town." This is a reference to Army of Darkness, when Ash Housewares first speaks to Duke Henry.

Welcome to the Civilization Fanatics' Forums, sir!

It's due to a blunder by Firaxis' brilliant game developers.
Basically, the game can only load a fixed number of civs and they'd made one civ too many. The files are there, so what you have to do is find the conquests.biq file and use the editor to add in a civ. We have plenty of tutorials on how to add a civ in the tutorials section; the [civ3] editor, albeit limited, is user-friendly. More advanced editors are available in the fanmade files download section.
Add in the Austrians (I personally recommend removing that pesky Abe Lincoln and his imperialistic Yanks ;)) and voilá! Rule the world as a Hapsburg Emperor!

Can anybody shed some light as to how to trigger the Zombie, Santa, and Leprechaun easter eggs on their specific dates? Ive set the dates on my Pc to their specific dates, but it doesnt seem to trigger it like it does with elvis on his birthday

Can anybody shed some light as to how to trigger the Zombie, Santa, and Leprechaun easter eggs on their specific dates? Ive set the dates on my Pc to their specific dates, but it doesnt seem to trigger it like it does with elvis on his birthday

CMSTerraNova, welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

Other than Elvis, these units are not included in Civ 3. At least the first step should be, that you manually add thosee units with those names to your Civ 3 game. It is not enough to change the date on your pc. Nothing can appear, that is not included in your Civ 3. This said, I never included those units to my civ 3. It´s enough trouble when Elvis´birthday is celebrated and you play a game with tons of king units.

CMSTerraNova, welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

Other than Elvis, these units are not included in Civ 3. At least the first step should be, that you manually add thosee units with those names to your Civ 3 game. It is not enough to change the date on your pc. Nothing can appear, that is not included in your Civ 3. This said, I never included those units to my civ 3. It´s enough trouble when Elvis´birthday is celebrated and you play a game with tons of king units.

Thanks for the quick reply. Does this mean that they also dont have art files for them or anything? As in they have to be modded in with all art and sound assets etc?

Thanks for the quick reply. Does this mean that they also dont have art files for them or anything? As in they have to be modded in with all art and sound assets etc?

Yes, these units must be added manually to the game. At least some of them (Santa) were created by modders. Here you can see what happens, when 'Elvis Alarm' appears at 8th January, when playing my mod CCM 2.50:

Yes, these units must be added manually to the game. At least some of them (Santa) were created by modders. Here you can see what happens, when 'Elvis Alarm' appears at 8th January, when playing my mod CCM 2.50:

Ah ok i gotcha. So basically the units have to be added by mods, and if the game registers that there is a unit with that name on the respective day, it changes the leaders into that unit, correct me if im wrong.

Do you by any chance know what file contains the script to change the units on the respective dates, or an informed guess on where I can start digging for that info?

Top Bottom