For modders & mergers

Well, if the merge worked then pressing Ctrl-Shift-X or W should open the popups like before. If those events are registering, then the others should too ... past that, you can simulate for a while and see if the right kinds of things happen. Finally, you can open the python debug output (shows up in My Games/BTS/Logs or something like that), PythonDbg.log if you've enabled it in your CivilizationIV.ini file.

I am not sure if this was asked and answered before so redirection to where I should look will be as good as a full answer.

Adding custom modular civs is quite easy. I have just added a number of Civ Gold civs to Revolution 1.4. I guess the BarbarianCiv should work normally with such civs i.e. they can be spawned out of a barbarian city. The rebellion spawning however is different as the emerging civ choice is based on the parent civ. My question is, where in Python or in config files is it set that this or that civ would spawn out of this or that parent?

Mods/Revolution/Assets/Python/Revolution/RebelTypes.py is what you are looking for, I guess.

Fierabras is correct. There is a two pass method for rebells, first looking for any available types from RebelTypes, then looking if there are any available civs with the same artstyle type (Asian, etc). You'll get better results if you add them to RebelTypes, but it's not necessary for the mod to function.

I want to add more religions but i don't know how to do and even less how to make it work with revulotion. :confused:

Please help me? If you help me i'll :worship: you every morning. :)

The good news is that there is nothing in particular needed to get a religion working inside of Revolution, so once you have it working in the game it will work fine with Revolution. I would warn you however that if you're adding religions you'll probably want to play on a big map so there can be extra players ... having lots of extra religions will tend to destabilize empires.

As for how to add religions in general, it'd be mostly a series of XML edits plus some graphics to differentiate them from the others in the game. You should be able to find a mod comp that adds religions and simply merge it in to Revolution ... I doubt there will be any file conflicts.

LOL. :D You can't change those DLLs. You have to "remake" a dll with other programs using the code files.

Ok thank you, I guessed that it whas c++ and I tried to download it but i only found trojans everywhere i went.

The reason i wanted to change it whas couse i wanted to merge revolution and M.A.D nukes for BTS but i cant even find where to download mad nukes!:cry::cry::cry:

If someone have it please tell me where to download!

The thread Amra posted has the download links for VS 2005 Express, though the directions in the first post there are dated they still work fine. See the update about using VS 2008 Express in this post for a bit more info. I also recommend using smacfan's makefile from this post.

I use VS 2005 Express, followed those instructions, and it works great. Other people also get good success from CodeBlocks, which might be a bit easier if Makefiles and the like are new to you ... search the forum for it and you'll find a guide to help you out.

Would it be possible to get a break down of what lowering or raising the values of each of these lines of XML in Civ4CivicInfos.xml?

Code:
			<!-- Revolution Mod Start -->
			<iRevIdxLocal>-3</iRevIdxLocal>
			<iRevIdxNational>-3</iRevIdxNational>
			<iRevIdxHolyCityGood>0</iRevIdxHolyCityGood>
			<iRevIdxHolyCityBad>0</iRevIdxHolyCityBad>
			<iRevIdxSwitchTo>-50</iRevIdxSwitchTo>
			<fRevIdxNationalityMod>-.3</fRevIdxNationalityMod>
			<fRevIdxBadReligionMod>0</fRevIdxBadReligionMod>
			<fRevIdxGoodReligionMod>0</fRevIdxGoodReligionMod>
			<fRevIdxDistanceMod>-.25</fRevIdxDistanceMod>
			<fRevViolentMod>0</fRevViolentMod>
			<iRevReligiousFreedom>0</iRevReligiousFreedom>
			<iRevLaborFreedom>0</iRevLaborFreedom>
			<iRevEnvironmentalProtection>0</iRevEnvironmentalProtection>
			<iRevDemocracyLevel>10</iRevDemocracyLevel>
			<bIsCommunism>0</bIsCommunism>
			<bIsFreeSpeech>0</bIsFreeSpeech>
			<bCanDoElection>1</bCanDoElection>
			<!-- Revolution Mod End -->

In the XML FAQ in the mod, it says that if techs are removed or civics re-named, this will cause problems. What sort of problems would this be. If I were to make a new tech tree for a mod with almost entirely new units and building and re-named civic and few new traits, what would I have to do to make it work?

Also, how do I have only certain civs break of from others?
eg: The English can only emerge from certain civs. Is this even possible without lots of knowledge of python?

All the specific XML variables required by the mod are specified in RevDefs.py so if you for example remove "TECH_SAILING" or "TECH_NATIONALISM" from the game you would want to change the variables in RevDefs to some new tech which serves a similar purpose in your scenario.

As for controlling rebel civ types, the mod uses a tiered system. The most preferable options are specified in RebelTypes.py, if none of those are available then a civ with a similar art style is used, and if none of those are available then a random available civ type is used.

I'll update some of the docs so they include this info for future reference.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce ... would this be for you Byzantium scenario?

Top Bottom