Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the TEXT_ type names show up for the new units and the like, but I have the patch. Also, for some reason, when I try activating it, the scroll bar in the civ select screen disappears. Is there something else I'm missing?

I started a game with just ExCE and the Community Patch, and I'm getting the "all yields show up as food" glitch.

I would like to develop Cultural Conversion's standalone component for the Exploration policy track to be compatible with this mod, as an overwrite of your Exploration policy track. However, it requires dll modifications.

I don't know what that is.

Okay, I'm going to be the presumed idiot who asks this presumed stupid question.

If I'm going to use ExCE, I should stop using Exploration Continued, correct? I assume the original mod is made redundant by ExCE.

Pretty much.

Apologies, but how does one load a particular mod before another - if it is just a matter of which is selected or enabled first, then this is what I have already done with P&P without getting them to work. Am I misunderstanding something here?

The resources, improvements etc are still not appearing - even with the (2/10) version of the Community patch. Here are the logs, if they can help at all

I think CL's Australia is incompatible. Try disabling that and see.

I'm getting the TEXT_ type names show up for the new units and the like, but I have the patch. Also, for some reason, when I try activating it, the scroll bar in the civ select screen disappears. Is there something else I'm missing?

Cannot into help without database.log

I started a game with just ExCE and the Community Patch, and I'm getting the "all yields show up as food" glitch.

Sorry, I thought they'd fixed that. You just need to delete the files in here: \My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Patch (v 66)\Core Files\PNM Mods DB\InGame

Thanks, Colonialist Legacies' Australia was the culprit after all - the issue is now resolved!

I found this as well but then the Civilopedia had some UI issues. Categories would not display their articles on the left and I got a Great Works box on there too. Anyone else have this or any ideas?

Also any thoughts on why Australia is incompatible?

Playing with civs such as the Polynesian pack, I get a lot of UUs removed - they don't appear in setup nor in pedia - when activating ExCE. If I deactivate only ExCE, everything's fine. Any idea what might cause this?

Sorry, I thought they'd fixed that. You just need to delete the files in here: \My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Patch (v 66)\Core Files\PNM Mods DB\InGame

Awesome, that did the trick!

I have the log (first time doing it), but I have a good amount of mods enabled. Do you need to know all of what I have in use?

I don't know if it's ExCE, CP, or the civ I'm playing (More Civ's Khmer), but purchasing items now costs more and AIs aren't willing to give me 7gpt for Luxuries anymore. My "friends" only offer 20g + 2gpt :cry:

I found this as well but then the Civilopedia had some UI issues. Categories would not display their articles on the left and I got a Great Works box on there too. Anyone else have this or any ideas?

Also any thoughts on why Australia is incompatible?

Lua log ploz

Also, I think I know why Australia and ExCE are incompatible. Will fix in the update.

Playing with civs such as the Polynesian pack, I get a lot of UUs removed - they don't appear in setup nor in pedia - when activating ExCE. If I deactivate only ExCE, everything's fine. Any idea what might cause this?

Honestly, I've no clue, but I'm getting the same trouble with just the Polynesia pack. I'll try and track down the conflict.

I have the log (first time doing it), but I have a good amount of mods enabled. Do you need to know all of what I have in use?

No, the logs should be enough.

I don't know if it's ExCE, CP, or the civ I'm playing (More Civ's Khmer), but purchasing items now costs more and AIs aren't willing to give me 7gpt for Luxuries anymore. My "friends" only offer 20g + 2gpt :cry:

CP adds more variability to the value AIs place upon different luxuries. Don't know if that'd be enough for what you describe, but in CP, the AI is markededly different. Don't know about item costs, though - I thought that was just a CBP change.

Is anyone not having problems? :( Still, better to have released components individually than all at once and then try to track down the conflicts.

Hey man, good to iron out the bugs as they come. This mod + P&P is expansion-level content, I'm glad we're able to help test it. I don't want you to give up, this is going to be amazing. Let me/anyone know if there's anything I can do. (I can specifically do pedias if you're missing anything.)

Also the Lua log is attached. It's done with my usual suite of mods. I did a full redownload to fix that Muscovy conflict I was having a few days ago. Australia is the only usual one disabled.

Attachments

• lua.txt
    128.9 KB · Views: 136
Looks like the Garamantes are causing your civilopedia issue. I'll have to find out from Tomatekh as to why the Garamantes includes their own Civilopedia UI file, and see whether it's outdated.

I apologize for the trouble, but I'm having trouble uploading the file (said it was invalid) and I tried to put in a spoiler, but it was too long. Is there some other way I can send it?

Looks like the Garamantes are causing your civilopedia issue. I'll have to find out from Tomatekh as to why the Garamantes includes their own Civilopedia UI file, and see whether it's outdated.

Thanks man. I just added them anyway.

EDIT: Lemme run them again. Turns out my Garamantes was the G&K version.

EDIT2: Yep, all better. Though now I can't scroll in the civ list. I'm sure that's another new civ I downloaded.

EDIT3: So the no civ scrolling is triggered by ExCE. I think it has to do with the Goths. I attached the log, check out the Alaric references at the bottom.

Attachments

• database.txt
    328.4 KB · Views: 120
EDIT2: Yep, all better. Though now I can't scroll in the civ list. I'm sure that's another new civ I downloaded.

EDIT3: So the no civ scrolling is triggered by ExCE. I think it has to do with the Goths. I attached the log, check out the Alaric references at the bottom.

No civ scrolling occurs when one of the civs is missing two uniques (or there was an error that prevented said unique from loading). Those Goths errors in the database seem to only be regarding a Revolutionary / Colony mechanic JFD added (not an error loading the Goth building or unit files) so I don't think it's whats causing the problem. Tomatekh probably just made a typo or something when adding support.

These two lines seem possible:

Code:
[1135180.093] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitType - "UNIT_MALLKU" does not exist in Units
[1135180.093] Invalid Reference on Civilization_UnitClassOverrides.UnitType - "UNIT_LIBYAN_NOMAD_MOD" does not exist in Units

Since neither Mallku or Libyan Nomad are loading, then if those were the UUs of a mod civ then that would be the missing one causing the scroll issue. You said you were using an outdated version of Garamantes (Libyan Nomad), so presumably updating helped that. Which civ has Mallku as a unit?

Yeah, from my modding adventures I learned about the scrolling bug. Looks like the Garamantes again.

Yeah, from my modding adventures I learned about the scrolling bug. Looks like the Garamantes again.

All my civs were tested to load fine (no scrolling issue) with ExCE. If you're getting a problem from one of them then you're likely not using the latest version (from the database log I can tell that you're at least using a very outdated version of Benin) or there's another mod outside of ExCE and my own causing a conflict with one of my civs. The Goths thing was just a copy/paste error but wouldn't affect loading the game.

All my civs were tested and load fine (no scrolling issue) with ExCE. If you're getting a problem from one of them then you're likely not using the latest version (from the database log I can tell that you're at least using a very outdated version of Benin) or there's another mod outside of ExCE and my own causing a conflict with one of my civs. The Goths thing was just a copy/paste error but wouldn't affect loading the game.

Yeah, I need to get rid of Benin. I'll check versions and try it again. Thanks for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom