Arison's Mythologies

Arison

Eagerly awaiting Ragnarok
So, I've been tossing around ideas (I say tossing, it's more actually have concepts for them) for some mythological based civs, and so this is the thread that will stop cluttering the request thread with all my ideas. I will take suggestions and some requests. I will also attempt to give each mythology its own religion.

The Aesir

Leader: Odin
Capital: Asgard
Start Bias: Tundra/Hills
Cul Div: Northern
Civ IV Trait: Aggressive/Spiritual
Religion: Ragnarok

UA: Fumbulvetr: Gain 20% production during wartime and +1 faith for every allied city state when declaring war, and -1 faith for every allied city state when declaring peace.
UU: Valkyrie: Unlike the Horseman it replaces, the Valkyrie can move over any terrain and gains +1 movement per turn and is classified as a Fighter Unit.
UU: Einherji: There is a corresponding Einherji for every era, each stronger in every way than the most powerful land unit of that era. When a unit dies, there is a 20% chance an Einherji for that era will spawn in your capital.

This is the civ that I have an icon for and a working leader screen, but I have done no coding as of yet and I think it's well rounded enough, but I would still like suggestions.

The Vanir

Leader: Njord
Capital: Folkvanger
Start Bias: Forest
Civ IV Trait: Expansive/Charismatic
Religion: Ragnarok

UA: Alfseidr: Gain 20% production during peacetime and +1 faith for every allied city state when declaring peace, and -1 faith for every allied city state when declaring war.
UU: Ljollsalfr: Unlike the Worker it replaces, the Ljollsalfr increases food production and happiness when within one tile of a city.
UB: Sessrumnir: Unlike the Palace it replaces, Sessrumnir increases happiness in the city it is built in and production of all naval units in the city it is built in.

Ideas still developing:
Turkic Mythology under Tengri [SGTWolf gave me the idea and it could be fun]
The Tuatha De Danann under Nuada Silverhand [Something about making great people out of killing great people maybe]
Duat under Osiris [Just toying with the idea of an underworld. I will not be making any Egyption mythological civs unless led by a human headed god.]

I would very much like suggestions and they are always welcome. Thank you if you give them.

Last edited:
- The last part of the UA needs a cap. +50 faith gives +25% to EVERY unit you have, +100 increases it by half. That's a lot, like 'a lot' a lot.
- What's a "fighter unit"?
- The second UU is evidently ridiculously overpowered. It literally says "it is the best unit of the game, always".

- The last part of the UA needs a cap. +50 faith gives +25% to EVERY unit you have, +100 increases it by half. That's a lot, like 'a lot' a lot.
- What's a "fighter unit"?
- The second UU is evidently ridiculously overpowered. It literally says "it is the best unit of the game, always".

For the first point, this is a war based civ, and producing faith without city states in large quantities will be hard, but there might need to be some beta testing for it.
For the second, a fighter unit is the class of fighter jets and the like. It's just a thing that stops Einherjar from spawning off of a dead Valkyrie.
For the third, 20% chance is just a placeholder until I get round to testing the civ. It's meant to be ridiculously over powered, but I might make it that it always has only 1 movement per turn.

IIRC, not having any set religion causes a bug where the AI will refuse to found one even after they get a prophet.

Unfortunately, having Viking gods or the Egyptian pantheon worshiping anything would be hard. I just realised something though that would be a possible religion for the Aesir.

UPDATE: Religions will be added, just going to be a little tough coming up with some.
Added the Aesir's religion.

For the first point, this is a war based civ, and producing faith without city states in large quantities will be hard, but there might need to be some beta testing for it.
Why? My Crusader States does it. Many other Civs are Faith/War related and perform very well. Seriously, why would you NOT increase your Faith per tu-- WAIT!! Is the math based on concrete Faith? Like, your amount of Faith, not your per turn?
Wow. That will easily get out of hand right in the middle of Medieval Ages. Like totally out of hand, and that is coming from a guy who has a hard time in balancing units. :lol:

For the third, 20% chance is just a placeholder until I get round to testing the civ. It's meant to be ridiculously over powered, but I might make it that it always has only 1 movement per turn.
You reached your goal! ;)

If you happen to need help with coding, hit me up on Steam.
Good luck!

If you happen to need help with coding, hit me up on Steam.
Good luck!

Is that even allowed on steam? Isn't that like, 18+ or something?

Meh. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your project.

It was joke about the other meaning of 'hit me up'. I would be happy to accept help once everything is ready to be done.

I lied, the Danann civ is pretty much ready to go:

The Tuatha De Danann

Leader: Nuada Silverhand
Capital: ??
Start Bias: Hills/grassland?
Civ IV Trait: Expansive
Religion: Druidism

UA: The Forming of the Spear: When a Danann unit kills an enemy Great Person a Great Person spawns in your capital.
UU: ??
UB: Lia Fail: Unlike the Monument it replaces, the Lia Fail also provides a burst of happiness in the city it is built in whenever you adopt a new social policy and whenever a Great Person spawns in that city.

I had another idea:
The Kami

Leader: Amaterasu
Capital: Takamagahara
Start Bias: ??
Cul Div: Oriental
Civ IV Trait: Spiritual/ Philosophical
Religion: Shinto

UA: Yasanaki No Magatama: When a unit dies it can transfer 50% of its total exp to another unit nearby.
UU: Uzume: Unlocked at Bronze Working, Uzume increase happiness and culture production in a city when garrisoned.
UB: Weaving House: Unlike the Stable it replaces, the Weaving House produces 1 faith and 1 culture per turn, and can consume horses for a burst of faith and culture.

Japan, eh? This might interest you...

The Tengu
Leader: Sojobo
City List: Kuramayama, Atagoyama, Hirasanchi, Akihasan, Komyosan, Hikosan, Daisen, Ueno, Itsukushima, Ominesan, Katsuragishi, Hitachi, Fujisan, Takaosan, Shiraminemura, Iizunayama, Higo
Cul Div: Oriental
Civ IV Traits: Spiritual/Aggressive
Religion: Mahayana Buddhism (wish there was a Zen, but there isn't)

UA: Slayer of Vanity
Units may pass through Mountains in your territory, and gain experience when beginning a turn on one. Improvements on or adjacent to a Mountain provide Faith.

UU: Daitengu
Unlike the Great General, which it replaces, the Daitengu provides experience to units paired with it and increases the Unhappiness of rival Civilizations when stationed in their territory. May build Holy Sites.

UU: Yamabushi
Unlike the Missionary, which it replaces, the Yamabushi suffers no attrition and lowers the combat strength of adjacent enemy units. Additionally, it may construct improvements when stationed on a Mountain.

Japan, eh? This might interest you...

The Tengu

Yeah, sure, adding that to the list of civs to make. I just don't want to do another war/something else based civ just yet.

UPDATE: Added the Vanir design to the original post, and changed the UA of the Aesir.

Hey, if you need Leader, Unit or Building art please say so as I'd be glad to help :D

Hey, if you need Leader, Unit or Building art please say so as I'd be glad to help :D

I will, um, 'hit you up' if needed.

Ok, I give up.

UPDATE: This thread will now contain my ideas for all civs I want to do. This includes my idea for:

Arrakis under Paul Muad'dib
Japan under Minamoto no Yoritomo
Normandy under Rollo (I can't remember his actual name)

Top Bottom