Inuit Igloo MOD Graphic Issue Help

Quindorrian

Chieftain
So, I am having trouble with the Igloo mod for the Inuit Civ Mod. Basically, it "works", but as some have pointed out, my cities visually disappear once I build an igloo. The stats and such are still there, but the graphics of the cities are gone. I am trying to figure out how to fix this mod on my own, but I need help from the community since I have no experience modding. I am basically wondering if it is an issue with the xml code (syntax or something missing) or it may be a problem with the graphic that the modern developed.

My first request, is will someone look over this code and see if there are any issues? My 2nd request is, if there is no issue with the code, will someone help me fix the graphic portion or perhaps tell me how to bypass the graphics portion to use the default colosseum graphic if this is causing the issue. I would rather not have a unit igloo graphic than not have a city graphic.

Thanks a bunch for any and all help. The xml code is pasted below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 7/29/2013 3:46:12 AM -->
<GameData>
<Buildings>
<Row>
<Type>BUILDING_IGLOO</Type>
<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_COLOSSEUM</BuildingClass>
<FreeStartEra>ERA_INDUSTRIAL</FreeStartEra>
<Cost>20</Cost>
<GoldMaintenance>0</GoldMaintenance>
<PrereqTech>TECH_CONSTRUCTION</PrereqTech>
<Help>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_IGLOO_HELP</Help>
<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_IGLOO</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_IGLOO_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_IGLOO_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<ArtDefineTag>COLESSEUM</ArtDefineTag>
<MinAreaSize>-1</MinAreaSize>
<ConquestProb>33</ConquestProb>
<Happiness>2</Happiness>
<HurryCostModifier>25</HurryCostModifier>
<DisplayPosition>2</DisplayPosition>
<IconAtlas>IGLOO_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
</Row>
</Buildings>

<Building_Flavors>
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_IGLOO</BuildingType>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_EXPANSION</FlavorType>
<Flavor>5</Flavor>
</Row>
<Row>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_GROWTH</FlavorType>
<Flavor>3</Flavor>
</Row>
<Row>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_HAPPINESS</FlavorType>
<Flavor>50</Flavor>
</Row>
</Building_Flavors>

<!-- <Building_TerrainYieldChanges>
<TerrainType>TERRAIN_SNOW</TerrainType>
<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
<Yield>1</Yield>
</Building_TerrainYieldChanges>-->

<Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>
<Row>
<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_CLINUIT</CivilizationType>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_COLOSSEUM</BuildingClassType>
</Row>
</Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>

<Language_en_US>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_IGLOO">
<Text>Igloo</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_IGLOO_HELP">
<Text>Basic [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Happiness-boosting building. Only the Inuit may built it.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_IGLOO_STRATEGY">
<Text>The Igloo is a unique Inuit building that increases [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Happiness in a city. Unlike the Colosseum it replaces, the Igloo can be built much faster and has no maintenance cost.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_BUILDING_IGLOO_TEXT">
<Text>An igloo is a type of shelter built of snow, originally built by the Inuit. Snow is used because the air pockets trapped in it make it an insulator. On the outside, temperatures may be as low as &#8722;45 °C (&#8722;49 °F), but on the inside the temperature may range from &#8722;7 °C (19 °F) to 16 °C (61 °F) when warmed by body heat alone.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]The snow used to build an igloo must have enough structural strength to be cut and stacked appropriately. The best snow to use for this purpose is snow which has been blown by wind, which can serve to compact and interlock the ice crystals. The hole left in the snow where the blocks are cut is usually used as the lower half of the shelter. Sometimes, a short tunnel is constructed at the entrance to reduce wind and heat loss when the door is opened. Because of snow's excellent insulating properties, inhabited igloos are surprisingly comfortable and warm inside. In some cases, a single block of clear ice is inserted to allow light into the igloo. Animal skins were used as door flaps to keep warm air in. Igloos used as winter shelters had beds made of ice and caribou furs. These 'ice beds' are unique to the region and Inuit culture.</Text>
</Row>
</Language_en_US>

<IconTextureAtlases>
<Row>
<Atlas>IGLOO_ATLAS</Atlas>
<IconSize>256</IconSize>
<Filename>igloo256.dds</Filename>
<IconsPerRow>1</IconsPerRow>
<IconsPerColumn>1</IconsPerColumn>
</Row>

<Row>
<IconSize>128</IconSize>
<Filename>igloo128.dds</Filename>
</Row>

<Row>
<IconSize>64</IconSize>
<Filename>igloo64.dds</Filename>
</Row>

<Row>
<IconSize>45</IconSize>
<Filename>igloo45.dds</Filename>
</Row>
</IconTextureAtlases>
</GameData>

66 views and not a single reply? Surely this is an easy fix for someone on these forums?

The XML looks fine. That misspelled "COLESSEUM" tag is used by many buildings in the base game.

Based on a cursory Google search, it looks like this isn't necessarily a problem with the mod, and is in fact a longstanding issue for some people since the first release of the game, with or without mods.

Try this:
Go to your Steam Library, right-click on Sid Meier's Civilization V on the left side, and choose Properties.
On the LOCAL FILES tab, click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...

The XML looks fine. That misspelled "COLESSEUM" tag is used by many buildings in the base game.

Based on a cursory Google search, it looks like this isn't necessarily a problem with the mod, and is in fact a longstanding issue for some people since the first release of the game, with or without mods.

Try this:
Go to your Steam Library, right-click on Sid Meier's Civilization V on the left side, and choose Properties.
On the LOCAL FILES tab, click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...

Thanks for the response and the help. The Steam thing unfortunately didn't help. :(

Well, after a lot of digging and trying some things, I plugged in one line of code and that has fixed the disappearing city bug. I added:

<ArtInfoCulturalVariation>true</ArtInfoCulturalVariation>

The problem I am still having is after 20 turns or so, it makes me run out of virtual memory and then crashes my game. To me, this mod shouldn't have much overhead, so I'm wondering if it is the .dds art files? The art seems to load correctly, but I'm still having this problem.... Not sure what to do?

The BUILDING_COLOSSEUM itself has Cultural Variation enabled, but the other buildings that use the "COLESSEUM" tag don't, so that doesn't really make sense... Nor do the art files causing virtual memory issues. And you have zero problems using no mods at all?

Try taking out the line <DisplayPosition>. According to LeeS' post (look at the last 2 lines), it shouldn't be used. I had trouble with my cities disappearing whenever I had a dummy building, and this seemed to help

Try taking out the line <DisplayPosition>. According to LeeS' post (look at the last 2 lines), it shouldn't be used. I had trouble with my cities disappearing whenever I had a dummy building, and this seemed to help

Just wanted to let you know that this WORKED! TYVM!!! :) Regarding the issue I mentioned before, this MOD does seem to hog virtual memory for some reason. I had to disable a handful of MODS before the crashing problem went away, but now everything seems to be working perfectly. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks again.

Top Bottom