Scientific Leader

You have a chance of getting one if you are the first person to research a tech.

I imagine they follow the "1 leader at a time" rule too, and that (probably) includes military GL's.

Scientific leaders can either give 25 per cent faster tech-reasearch for 20 turns or rush improvements and wonders. They can not create armies, though.

Originally posted by Hayek
Scientific leaders can either give 25 per cent faster tech-reasearch for 20 turns or rush improvements and wonders. They can not create armies, though.

Which makes me wonder how you can get a religious leader?....

Originally posted by Sun
Seeing as they don't exist, I guess it's pretty hard to get them. ;)

Originally posted by anarres

:lol:

Now that is too funny! As I posted the question it did cross my mind that maybe they didn't exist, but I was hoping to hear the opposite. Oh well, I'll get over it ;)

You have a chance of getting one if you are the first person to research a tech.

And what about first discovering a tech by opening a hut? Where does the great leader appear in this case?

Who knows? I am sure it is still possible, but you would need to ask someone from the states who has Conquests already.

I would imagine all Scientific leaders appear in the capital, but can not confirm for obvious reasons...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, ye of little faith! Of course they don't exist for you atheists, but for the true believer... :p

Okay, I brought the manual in after lunch. Here's what it says about Scientific Great Leaders:

Whenever you're the first to research a tech, the opportunity for getting a SGL increases. They can boost science in a city (just one?) for 20 turns or they can hurry city production. (Not sure if that includes wonders.)

It also doesn't seem to say if traditional Great Leaders roles have changed.

Originally posted by Gogf
I heard that normal great leader have only changed in the following way: they cannot rush great wonders anymore.

Kinda makes sense to me. Who ever heard of Napoleon's presence alone being enough to finish the pyramids in 1 turn? :crazyeye:

I'm playing my first game and wanted to rush Artemis's Temple with a leader. Now I know why I couldn't.

So only sci leaders can rush wonders? Can military leaders do anything besides build armies? If sci leaders can't even rush wonders who can?

I have played lots of games, though admittedly not many to completion. But I generally at least continue to the middle ages.

Anyway, my point is, in the at least forty or so games I have played, I have gotten great leaders only three times.

Is there a way to increase my chances of getting one? (Other than fighting more battles, of course...)

-mS

i'm playing my first game and i already got one. Around the time i got to Theology and right b4 i completed the Sun Tzu Art of War... therefore i assume it's not that hard to get one

The only way to get a Military Great Leader is for an Elite unit to win a battle. And even then, it's a "die roll".
Chances are higher for a Militaristic civ.

The only way to get a Scientific Great Leader is to research a tech that nobody else has. Again, it's a "die roll".
Chances are higher for a Scientific civ.

Top Bottom