Bug reports

I cannot replicate. Malky starts fine for me in 1.9 beta patch 3. Clean install sounds sensible.

Very strange. Which version of Dune Wars are you playing with? You might want to try a clean install first.

I did find one thing that it might be. I think it was the map. I tried to play using the base Arrakis map instead of the custom maps where you can play around with more of the terrain. Using the other map seemed to cause no problems.

I'm not sure if this will count as bug, but i'll report it anyway.

I had a multi holy city of 4 religions and i built a lot of great wonders there, when i realized there was a limit of 7. That happened when i tried to use a great prophet to build the 4th shrine...

Any chances on removing the great wonder flag to shrines?

Don't know if this thread is so active any more, but anyway, moved from my initial comment in the 1.9 final release thread:

And this one's a real (if small) bug:
Melee units cannot take the Zeal III promotion. If you look at the 'pedia entry for any melee unit, the tooltip over the Zeal III icon says they are eligible for the "water insects" promotion instead.

This one's bugging me inordinately, for some reason. I should start by saying I can't do much on modding beyond basic XML changes, adding within existing structures, etc. And schemas are pretty foreign to me. That said, I noticed that the sequence of 2 tags in the Zeal3 promotion entry are in the reverse order from the schema. If you switch the order of:

<bOffensiveVictoryMove>1</bOffensiveVictoryMove>
<bMustMaintain>1</bMustMaintain>

under Zeal 3 to match the schema, then melee units show up in the pedia as being eligible for both Zeal 3 and Water Insects. However, my units in game are still unable to select Zeal 3 as a promotion. Any suggestions as to what still may be wrong?

Hi clearbeard. I think this is partly resolved in the 1.9.0.1 patch since I created an icon for the Water Insect promo.

Zeal II and Zeal III promotions are only available if you have Mahdi State Religion - could that be it?

Edit: No there's definitely something funny going on there - I'll see if I can find the problem.

Edit Edit: Removing the <bBlitz>1</bBlitz> allows Zeal III to be selected again - no idea why this should be affecting things yet.

OK, got it.

In CvGameCoreUtils::isPromotionValid there is code:

Code:
	if (kUnit.getMoves() == 1)
	{
		if (kPromotion.isBlitz())
		{
			return false;
		}
	}

In other words any promotion that grants Blitz (allowing multiple attacks per turn) is considered invalid for units with only 1 movement point. The reason we added Blitz to Zeal III was because the +1 movement on Offensive Combat Victory is pretty useless without being able to attack again. Probably the best fix is skip this check if the promotion being tested grants OffensiveVictoryMove.

OK, got it.

In CvGameCoreUtils::isPromotionValid there is code:

Code:
	if (kUnit.getMoves() == 1)
	{
		if (kPromotion.isBlitz())
		{
			return false;
		}
	}

In other words any promotion that grants Blitz (allowing multiple attacks per turn) is considered invalid for units with only 1 movement point. The reason we added Blitz to Zeal III was because the +1 movement on Offensive Combat Victory is pretty useless without being able to attack again. Probably the best fix is skip this check if the promotion being tested grants OffensiveVictoryMove.

Glad you found it! Just checked and my fedaykin can indeed take zeal 3. Since they have 2 base movement, that makes sense. Thanks!

In this latest update, the Ix Spy Drone doesn't have any promotions. This means no suspensor travel and, as far as I can tell, no espionage missions.

-Tom

In version 1.9 Final, industrial mentats don't always give their +10/15% production bonus. As far as I can tell, the bonus doesn't appear whenever a building in their city (for instance a factory) provides a percentage production bonus, but does appear otherwise, independent of leader, presence/absence of Sappho Juice and other production bonuses like the trait bonuses for specific buildings. I only noticed the bug late into a game, though, and haven't yet tested it under all conditions.

Also, adding moisture to tiles doesn't always work correctly. In the attached save, Hagga Pass has two moist, cottaged graben tiles. The cottage on the left of the two was built before the well that gave the tile moisture, the cottage on the right after the well. The right cottage behaves correctly, giving 3 commerce (1 base + 1 cottage + 1 cottage with moisture). The left cottage displays the correct yield on the world map, but both shows and produces only 2 commerce in the city screen. I'll play a few more turns and see if the bug corrects itself on a reload or when the tile matures to a hamlet.

Edit: Restarting civ fixes the moisture issue. I'll leave the save attached, but doubt that the bug will appear for anyone who downloads it. The best way to reproduce is probably to start a new game and build a well next to a moisture-less cottage: I'll do that and see if the bug is consistent on my machine.

Additional Edit: Another strange behavior. In BtS, any hut disappears when someone's cultural borders expand to include it, but that player gets a benefit as though a unit triggered the hut. In Dune Wars, Botanical Testing Stations just disappear when engulfed by a player's culture.

Attachments

• Moisture Bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    235 KB · Views: 115
I just downloaded this mod and it seems interesting, to say the least.

version 1.9, patched to 1.9.1. But i can't see the Spice victory in the game set-up screen

I'm at the beginning of my first game (on Marathon, starting in 10191 AG, which i suppose is like a 4000 BC start) and i noticed a problem with the settlers: their cost shows 0 in the Pedia (like regular BtS) but, once you try to produce one, you can see its cost is an impossible 376! where the worker shows 120.

I verified the XML and everything seems OK in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml. Usually a so high cost happens with starts from a later era, when your settler can found a size 2 or more city with some building in it.

Then watching the AIs in WB i can see they settle fast, so maybe this problem is only for the human.

Some hint on how to fix this?

EDIT
just after posting i've got an inspiration: i've set the iCost for the settler to -100, so it's now some 1.4 times the cost of a worker, like it shoud be. But i think there should be some hole somewhere.

Firstly, awesome mod!

Just a few issues ive encountered with the latest version..

1. When founding the Shai Hulud Religion, the city was not tagged as being the holy city for that religion...so not possible to build a shrine with a prophet :(

2. When moving stacks of units, in this case 6 bladesmen, one unit will sometimes be deselected and not move with the rest or will move too far (when riding a worm). This has lost me quite a few units to sandworms and the AI :(

3. Also theres definetely something up with the way cities deal with moisture, one city went from growing to starving in one turn even though nothing was changed by me. Im guessing since the city was being managed by the AI it must have done this perhaps.

4. Graphical glitches, sometimes a weirg purple block can be seen on some tiles. Sandworms sometimes freeze in mid attack (not sure if this was intended).

Fantastic job on the mod though, really impressed with the info in the civilopedia too :D

3. Also theres definetely something up with the way cities deal with moisture, one city went from growing to starving in one turn even though nothing was changed by me. Im guessing since the city was being managed by the AI it must have done this perhaps.

This happens in vanilla BTS too. Its a behavior when the city is at its happiness cap level, so the city doesn't want to grow to the next level, so it works tiles to give surplus water/food for a few turns, and then takes workers off water/food-producing tiles so that the city's water/food box shrinks down for a while, then it goes back to working water tiles again.
Its a method the AI uses to avoid growing to a level that doesn't have enough happiness.

I've never observed the others.

When trying to start at an age other then the first the game crashes for me.

Also, perhaps not a bug, the auto function when having advanced start is really stupid, but I can understand if there is no interest in doing anything here but it might give a human a good advantage over the AI when playing advanced start.

Spies also have the escape artist promotion that is available to several houses but require a promotion that only Corrono has access to. Either remove the prereq or set it to only be available to Corrono.

When playing advanced start you can buy mentats but they do not give any bonuses.

Regarding the promotions it seems like the design thread agreed to have dexterity available to everyone.

Got a problem with the latest patch for 1.9 dune wars. Seems there was a nice remodelling of the polar region. Problem is there is now a new type of terrain (polar sink think it is called) that has now trade route type set for it. Is this planned or missed? Anyone else got this?

When my Ordos gas guys fight I get an error message about missing sound file. I had this problem in both 1.8 and 1.9.1.2.

Top Bottom