Failed attempts at quitting CFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratego

Trying to be good.
For those who have ever tried to quit CFC and failed. Did you still lurk around for a while after officially declaring that you'll quit? Or did you just quit cold turkey until one day you decided to come back again? I have a feeling that I still might lurk around for a while even though after Monday I wouldn't officially be posting here anymore.

Well, if i feel nothing wrong with posting, i wouldnt stop, and if i would stop, its most probably due to lack of time and other commitment. And once with the proper reason to stop coming, i wont. And if i dont have a good reason, then i would try in the first place.

CFC is like crack cocaine. You've already ingested it. You've developed a dependency on the drug. You're hooked.

You may break the habit for a while, but the craving will begin to gnaw at you until you come back..... :)

(I do see a lot of people quit for a while and then come back)

You've got to go cold turkey. If you lurk, you'll invariably post every once in a while. A better question might be how can you have time to lurk and not to post?

I remember when rmsharpe left (I say it like it was back in the day) somebody said that the people who announce they're leaving usually come back, and the people who stay gone are the ones who just vanish without saying anything. That doesn't seem to be the case for rmsharpe so far, but it hasn't been long enough to tel if he's really an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom