RANDOM RANTS XXXIII: World, Y U make me fed up wit U?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule 34 doesn't seem to apply for a certain subject :(

It's probably for the better this way, the majority of what you managed to find would have probably been of the "OH GOD WHAT IS THISS AAAAAAAGGGHHH" variety, as I find that to be true with pretty much anything Rule 34 gets its hands on.

Yeah but my imagination can't fathom the awesomeness of the subject.

i probably could, if i wanted to. i coudl have sworn that i was sitting in a throne room in Constantinople a few times...

by the way, about rule 34, i am very slughtly disturbed by the...oddness of it, but nothing else.

When trying to get rid of a wasp in my room (which had entered as the window open, which was in turn due to my mother's insistence that my room needed to be kept ventilated due to heat), I accidentally broke the light in my room (I didn't break the glass itself, either). Fortunately, I have the light from my laptop to go by, and it's nearly sunrise, but it would be much more convenient to have my lightbulb still working.

I probably wrote about this (it was a while ago), but I saw a random rant about a guy ordering at subway where the employee just completely did the opposite of his entire order and it reminded me of this. I hate this story with a passion.

So, I was in line at an ice cream store (Marble Slab) at night and it wasn't too long; maybe 4-5 people in front. One person was working, and she seemed friendly. Anyways, somehow this turned into like a 25 minute wait. I was trying to kill time anyways, and I wanted a malt. I just did. Three guys were behind me in line talking about how they were each going to order like 2 shakes apiece. I was getting thirstier and I wanted my malt.

This lady working was fully fluent in english; she was having conversations with the people in front of me. Finally, after much waiting I walked up and calmly ordered "I'd like a malt, uhhh white chocolate please *points to white chocolate ice cream*". She points to the ice cream cups (not drink sizes) and asks what size--Isay just the small/regular. She proceeds to scoop the ice cream into the regular-size cup, and gives it to me saying "you don't want any toppings?" (it's one of those ice cream places you choose flavour and then they mix in a topping; first topping was included in the price I think).

I had to clarify: "um, no, I'd like a malt." The blankest stare I have ever seen in my life was on her face. Me, feeling awkward and confused, spurts out "like, the drink. A malt". An even blanker stare.

This lady, who works at an ice cream shop that has malts and shakes on their menu, had absolutely no concept of what a malt was. I swear. At that point, I ask for strawberries as the mixing and take and eat the ice cream with strawberries. Maybe I could have tried to clarify for a shake, but she was just staring me down as if I was trying to order a fish and chips at an American ice cream store. She had to have heard me earlier, because I was with a friend and we were talking about what we were going to order while in line; I was talking about getting a drink the whole time.

I don't know if the men behind me got their shakes. But that encounter really disappointed me.

I was going to ask the same question.

What is a malt?

Short for malted milkshake - usually made with ice cream, milk, malt powder, chocolate syrup, etc. The malt powder is sweet and adds a thicker consistency to the shake.

To me, malt is something beer-related.

Malt just means malt powder.

regardless, it's the fact that the employee didn't know what it was while working at an ice cream shop;

ice cream stores in america sell shakes, malts, and ice cream (typically those are the big 3) and those are the names. When somebody orders off of your menu--which isn't that large of a selection btw--you shouldn't be completely dumbfounded.

I find it the equivalent of going to a hot dog/hamburger/french fries place and ordering a hot dog and the employee looking at you like you are ordering some imaginary food from the planet zork. I acknowledge hot dogs/hamburgers/fries can be called other things in other places but the point is the same.

Why do you have to specify that burgers come with chips? It stands to reason that burgers come with 'em.

To me, malt is something beer-related.

It is related to beer. And to the dessert confection. Malted grain is used in both brewing and dessert products. :beer:

Self-explanatory.

My friends ditched me and now I have to go to the movies alone and ride my bike back home at 3 in the morning.. :mad:........

(Continued from raves thread) ...reinstalling my programs and games is a pain in the butt :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom