[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

DREWid said:
having read through a lot of the stuff on this page and the ffh forum, thought id put in my input on a few issues...

1) Morai and burning blood

is it not possible to give them back the ability without them being able to go up the divine spell path if they upgrade, i.e. a check for promotions (Does unit have the vampire trait? if equals yes, no level 3 divine).

Or remove the burning blood trait if they promote (the description had the frenzy destroy the body because the vampiric frenzy was to much for the mortal body... but now there vamps the body can control it and they will probably have learnt to control the rage... and for those with a tendency to still frenzy, there obviously destined to become brujah!)

Or would it be possible to mirror the mechanics of the spell and give them burning blood as a promotion rather than a spell

my personal favourite is option 2, burning blood was a big part of the feel of the calibam with there total disregard for there people, it also ties in with the almost divine light the morai hold the vamps in... also it led to the situation were you sometimes had a difficult chose in that do you burning blood that unit with 5 stars to defiantly win... or do you risk it in order to promote the unit to a vamp. with this option you also remove the ability to create 'hero-killing-missiles' (i.e. create morai (with burning blood) upgrade to vamp (keep burning blood) eat city till pumped, cast burning blood, attack hero with an effective combat str of up near 20... theres not many heros who can take that, so yes i think it needs to be removed from vamps

I will see what I can do. The other option is to make a special ability for the Morioi that doesnt require divine and does the same thing as burning blood.

2) Game length

Keal you have this spot on, getting to the end of the game with the highest score isnt winning its survivng, and that shoiuldn't be enough to 'win' in a fantasy setting. fantasy is about epic wars, massive monuments and al consuming religion and yes spreading your culture throughout the world (mainly because this is seen as a good reason for someone else to jump down the offenders throat and begin the epic wars (yes classic fantasy elves im looking at you!))

Personally i always play custom games and turn time victories off... but that might just be me!

3) Adaptive Trait
Wow.... great idea... but WAY to hard, also robs some of the races of there flavour... but from a balance issue... to hard, especially in multiplayer where you can match your traits to beat you opponents (yes i know thats the point of being adaptive... but game balance!).

i know your looking at being able to switch traits after 100-200 turns... but here is my radical suggestion to try and match the huge advantage this gives them ... let them start with one less trait until this point, then they can adapt and gain this second (3rd - kurocates) trait once the games is running and they can see what they have to adapt to... id also remove it from the barbs, but more for reasons of preference (just cant see the orc sitting down to discuss culture!)

The next patch only has 3 adaptive leaders (cardith, cassiel and varn). Id like to see it play out with just them and see if it makes the grigori, kuriotates or malakim to powerful. It it does maybe we will shorten the list or make lesser versions of the traits that they can pick from.

4) not using resources
now i dont know if this is a problem with vanilla civ or just ffh, but the comp doesn't seem to use resources properly or upgrade units. for example the computer has bronze in the boarders(or iron) and the bronze (or iron) working tech(several times because i've given it to them!) and yet doesnt mine the resource and still requires it on the trade screen, this obviously means they dont upgrade warriors,axemen,macemen and in almost all games i find myself fighting ranger/scout, archer/crossbows, religious higher tier units but no melee units as they have the resource requirement.

this seems to be more of an issue if the ai has built something on the square before it gets the tech (which it normally has) now any human would probably nuke a farm or cottage to mine there only source of copper/iron, but not the ai

I hadnt seen that. I'll run a few test scripts and see what happens.

5 Religions
I'm wondering if its possible to add some adaptations to some religions if there founded by certain civs, its probably best if i show you with examples

The Hippus - Nature
The only religion that seems to naturally fit with the hippus would be the fellowship of leaves(or whatever its called) as a nature worshiping base, but i see these raiders more as open plains/horse worshipers than loving the 'slows-the-horses-down' trees , i know it would be to much to totally swap all the benefits round to grasslands/plains but would it be possible to put in a different version of the temples and priests (i.e instead of temple of leaves have temple of the horse (same effects/different name) with the same sort of thing for the priests) also the hero, would it be possible to give the hippus a different hero if they found the religion, someone on horse as the elf dont fit!

The ORCS (barb civ) - Way of the earthmother
not much to ask except if they found this religion would it be possible for them to have a different skinned and named hero... a dwarf with his background just aint right with the orcs! keep all the same abilities and the hero slot, but just make him someone else!

The Calabam - Ways of the deep
If i play the vamps and found this i always imagine this as them finding some ancient immobile vamp god under the holy city (and being as this is normally founded way before vamps) and look at the drown as ancient unevolved vamps (ala season 7 buffy) and the stygian guards as holy vampire guardians... basically with this combo i think it would be sweet to rename the drown (something like the 'first childe' or 'first children') and a vamp type hero instead of the defult one.

Theses suggestions would/should only occur if that civ founds the religion, and not come into effect if it spreads into the civs citys from outside it just seems a shame that several civs have to 'make-do' with religions that are obviously tailored to other civs (leaves/elves - eartmother/dwarfs) and short of creating more religions, i thought this might be the next best thing.

i realise these suggestions are very work heavy but hope that you at least find the comments useful (even if a little long!)

thanks for listening!

Personalization of the religions would take a lot for a moderate effect. There is a lot of plans heroes, especially when we go into the "Shadow" phase and start to introduce quests and I would hate to complicate that by having different flavor heroes for the religions.

i concur with the ai not connecting their mineable resorces
the calabim had both iron in their land, but never built any vampires except losha vales (i was trying to capture one with my wearwolves (vampric wearwolves :D ))
also the grigory had bronze working, and copper available, in fact the had a road to next to it for a farm, but never connected it even when they were in a war and you'd think they would want it.
if i had to guess i'd say they are waiting untill they can put the better, dwarven mines on them.

also, i just had orthus spawn 2 tiles away from my capitol, inside cultureal borders, where only a goblin had been before.

AlazkanAssassin said:
also the grigory had bronze working, and copper available, in fact the had a road to next to it for a farm, but never connected it even when they were in a war and you'd think they would want it.
QUOTE]

I've seen this too where the AI actually built a cottage on a copper resource (after they already had copper)!

I dont seem to have this problem. The AI may be a little bit slow to improve the resource (25 turns), but it always improves it when i'm playing. Also it will ususally send a unit to guard it.

My Orc Spearman units are invisible except for the spears. Do I have a problem or is the unit still in development. I noticed it before in roaming barbarians but never thought too much about it until I started my current game as the Clan of the Embers.

Kael said:
There are no plans to convert FfH to warlords. Those aspects of Warlords we like most we are backreving into FfH. The only feature I would love to include and I can't because its just to big to rewrite is the vassal states. So we probably won't get those, but we just don't see that its worth all the work to convert (and isolate our non-warlord friends) just for that feature.

Great!! That is good!!!!! <<no money for warlods>>

And about the tech thing, will you fix in next update?

Hey all, new to the board.

After I downloaded this mod, I was going in and out trying a few of the races, and I could have sworn that the Dark Elves were one that I tried. But now when I go to start a game, they are not appearing in the list of races that I can be.... are they playable at this point?

By the way, F*&@ing nice job. Doing some really cool stuff to the game.

Rybor said:
Hey all, new to the board.

After I downloaded this mod, I was going in and out trying a few of the races, and I could have sworn that the Dark Elves were one that I tried. But now when I go to start a game, they are not appearing in the list of races that I can be.... are they playable at this point?

By the way, F*&@ing nice job. Doing some really cool stuff to the game.

You didn't by any chance play FFH 1 and not FFH 2 to start with ? Because in FFH1 there were three elven Civ's, High, Dark and Wood, and they were (aside from leader traits) perfectly identical, just like all the other placeholder races were back then.

In FFH2 however the only playable elven race is and has always been the Ljosalfar, whereas the Svartalfar are only scheduled to be playable later.

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
You didn't by any chance play FFH 1 and not FFH 2 to start with ? Because in FFH1 there were three elven Civ's, High, Dark and Wood, and they were (aside from leader traits) perfectly identical, just like all the other placeholder races were back then.

In FFH2 however the only playable elven race is and has always been the Ljosalfar, whereas the Svartalfar are only scheduled to be playable later.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply! No, I just played FFH2.... just must have gotten the race names mixed up at the beginning. Can't wait for them dang dark elves.

Blathergut said:
Any idea on release date/time for patch 'g'??

Probably later today.

I have to say I agree with the "need" to get the Burning Blood ability back with the Moroi. Whereas out of pure game balance context I don't rightly know if it's a good idea since the Calabim are pretty powerful as is, but that said I really felt like Burning Blood fit the Moroi. It very well captured the vampire mentality of considering their mortal soldiers to be nothing but expendable cannon fodder, and the Moroi's (presumably) fanatical devotion to their undying overlords.

I do agree that the Divine spellcasting needs to be removed from the vampires, though. Too crazy with them. But personally, I would not mind if the Moroi weren't upgradeable to vampires. They already receive vampirism early, and somehow (I might have said this before) I can completely see the vampires of the Order of Blood reasoning that lowly Moroi aren't worthy of full inclusion in their brotherhood of the night, "once a Moroi always a Moroi" or somesuch. Perhaps gifting them with vampirism to improve their capacity, sure, but still having them be more thralls/lesser vampires than anything, rather than allowing them to upgrade into the ranks of full vampires.

But that might just be me. ^^ Either way, I would like to get the Burning Blood, or an equivalent, back to them.

My two cents.

Cheers!

Rybor said:
Thanks for the reply! No, I just played FFH2.... just must have gotten the race names mixed up at the beginning. Can't wait for them dang dark elves.

The Svartalfar arent scheduled to be playable until the "Shadow" phase. We are just closing "Light", next comes "Fire", the "Shadow". So its going to be a little bit down the road Im afraid.

jafink said:
What was the first phase called?

"Light".

edit: drat, beat again.

So.. I'm sure this has been asked before, and/or stated somewhere.. But I forget. So I ask.

Lumbermills and Khazad..? Don't go together?
I can't seem to build them playing the little stunties.

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
So.. I'm sure this has been asked before, and/or stated somewhere.. But I forget. So I ask.

Lumbermills and Khazad..? Don't go together?
I can't seem to build them playing the little stunties.

Cheers!

That is correct.

Top Bottom