escapist magazine 4/12/13

Why is everyone presuming the Chateux is a UI? Seems to me its more likely to be the building that a Great Person builds. France may have the ability to settle a Great Musician or something.

Because there's a worker building one in one of the screenshots.

Interesting there is a scholars in residence proposal for the WC. could that be a science boost for each civ based on backwardness.

Looks like it! According to the VG247 article, there's "a resolution that makes researching technologies that others have already discovered quicker for those that have not."

lol...

Polynesia, which is known as a weaker Civ, scouts everyone first and puts everything he has into getting to bee-lining Printing Press and becomes founder.

"Hay guiz how about we vote to make techings EZ?"

*Hiawatha currently in the Information age votes no*

I don't think they'd get rid of one of France's UU for a Chateau UI, I think it's just a new improvement.

The Château is definitely not Versailles; it looks more like the Loire valley châteaux of the 16th-17th centuries. Someone mentioned Chambord; that's quite a good match, as are Chenonceau, Sully-sur-Loire, Chaumont etc.

Yeah, on closer inspection, I doubt it is Versailles too. Can't wait to see the official changes to France...and Germany for that matter, should really see some alterations with what has been revealed for Zulus.

Yeah, on closer inspection, I doubt it is Versailles too. Can't wait to see the official changes to France...and Germany for that matter, should really see some alterations with what has been revealed for Zulus.

Maybe they'll give impi all of the Landsknecht properties. You have a good point.

I'm extremely intrigued by this whole vote trading mechanic. It will no doubt require a bit of balancing, I can see the AI completely failing to use this correctly when first implemented. Fortunately Fire Axis is fairly reliable at fixing such problems (well, in my experience of bugs and inconsistencies anyway!).

I hadn't even considered how much Polynesia is going to benefit from their Wayfaring trait actually. On any sort of Continent-styled playthrough they would be able to meet all the Civs extremely easily compared to others. The only way I can see any other Civ being in competition is England with their 2+ naval movement, provided there is a coast-tile connection (Helcaraxe - Middle-Earth / Undying Lands sort of thing). Otherwise it's going to be the Inca who are always going to be the ones first getting the congress if it's a Pangea type map. Ignoring hill tile movement restrictions makes for huge mobility for all units, meaning traversing the map will be much easier.

I can't get enough of Ed Beach...more Beach please!

His explanation of how the game's title is a direct reference to the book is amazing. Post industrial era starts should be alot more fun. I just hope the late game strategic resource system got an overhaul as well to make the fight for oil a worthwhile battle.

That French article, use google translate

I'm extremely intrigued by this whole vote trading mechanic. It will no doubt require a bit of balancing, I can see the AI completely failing to use this correctly when first implemented. Fortunately Fire Axis is fairly reliable at fixing such problems (well, in my experience of bugs and inconsistencies anyway!).

I hadn't even considered how much Polynesia is going to benefit from their Wayfaring trait actually. On any sort of Continent-styled playthrough they would be able to meet all the Civs extremely easily compared to others. The only way I can see any other Civ being in competition is England with their 2+ naval movement, provided there is a coast-tile connection (Helcaraxe - Middle-Earth / Undying Lands sort of thing). Otherwise it's going to be the Inca who are always going to be the ones first getting the congress if it's a Pangea type map. Ignoring hill tile movement restrictions makes for huge mobility for all units, meaning traversing the map will be much easier.

1) You need to have met all civs and have researched Printing Press to host the World Congress.
2) Even then, you're only guaranteed to host the first World Congress. Future World Congresses might have different hosts.

Top Bottom