Next patch

We're all holding our breaths :)

Oh well, we hardy British people can hold our breaths for at least 1 - 2... seconds, so we only need to do that, let's see, 60 x 60 x 24 times and we're done! :)

OK, but seriously: I ran into a bit of trouble trying to exclude the barbs from building planetary defense units. If I can't fix that by tomorrow I think I'll push that back to the following patch. So, word is: Patch4i will be up either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.;)

Oh yeah: I'll also try and include Blue Marble background terrain. I'll let you know how that works out.;)

Great stuff. Stick in the BM leaderheads as well :)

How much of BUG/BAT have you included in the MoO2 mod?

BM Leaderheads? Who/where are they?

From BUG/BAT nothing is included. Do you think it would improve the MOO feel? (For this reason Kael's Assimilation mod is merged in - plus it adds some excellent playing options.)

Blue Marble leaderheads. Then again, there aren't likely to be any, seeing as I assume you're using custom MOO ones :(

I definitely think that relationship smilies will improve the mood and things like the game clock, visible era, great leader countdown, 5% tax sliders and so on will improve the gameplay.

Well, as mentioned, I ran into a bit of last minute trouble. I'm currently trying to upload Patch4i. I'll let it be known when I've got confirmation of that.

I've had to push back some stuff to the next patch (which has the working title Patch4j), including a possible merge-in of BUG mod:

I definitely think that relationship smilies will improve the mood and things like the game clock, visible era, great leader countdown, 5% tax sliders and so on will improve the gameplay.

I'm still looking forward to it. I might even be able to get in a multi-player game of "MoO" for once :D

It'll come; it's just I already had a workable version and trying to include Blue Marble and some other stuff was delaying the release. (BTW, you can play MOO2Civ already with Blue Marble mod loaded - only not all the Blue Marble map graphics will show.)

EDIT: I've added a note to the DL page, saying you can play MOO2Civ with Blue Marble mod installed. (The 1st screenshot is taken to show how that looks like.)

For the next patch I'd like to fix some annoying errors.

For instance, the Gnolams seem to be missing their flag (as a civ and for their units/systems in-game); now the flag shows up correctly in the Civpedia, but I've been unable to correct it so far.

Also, I've been unable to figure out why certain leaders appear without a greeting.

Finally, I've tried to correct the screwy Assimilation game options by reintroducing Barb. World and leaving the option invisible (Visible=0), but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any help/suggestions with these issues will be greatly appreciated.:please:

Here's a shot of a Darlok stealth ship in action: the other probe saw two space wrecks before I did, but went for the one farther away. I didn't understand until I realized: the probe didn't see me. (Curiously, we did establish diplomatic contact, so my probe must have 'revealed' its presence. Funnier still, when the space wreck where my probe's at disappeared, it turned back towards my probe.)

Attachments

• Darlok stealth in action0000.JPG
    Darlok stealth in action0000.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 245
Top Bottom