Game will not open

adsin15

Warlord
OK this seems to happen periodically for no reason at all. I stopped playing civ5 for a while because my wrist healed enough to play SC2. Now my ganglion cyst is back and I can only use my left hand. Back to Civ5 where fast, accurate mouse action with 70 clicks per minute is not necessary. sigh. I need medical insurance.

here's the problem. I log into steam. Play Civ5. I get the little screen where I select dvx9 or dvx11. It doesn't matter which one i pick because nothing happens when I do. The little screen disappears and................................................nothing. I do it again and again. Nothing. No error message no nothing. It's as if I didn't give the computer a command at all.

I have already deleted all my autosaves.

wtf is the problem THIS time?

I've encountered the same problem, but I haven't been able to fix it. Game was playing just fine when I first got it and then after not playing for a while, this happened. I have updated drivers, directx and reinstalled the game, but it won't work. Help anyone?

I have the same problem. I have played the game frequently since it came out. I now return from 2 weeks vacation and am unable to get past the screen where I select dvx9 or 11.

OK. Same as Adsin15. I deleted the game and then downloaded it again from Steam. Then worked fine. Must have been a corrupted file or something!

It seems I've encountered the same problems as others in this thread. Is deleting the game and re-installing really the only way to sort this problem? I bought my game from retail, and got some free dlc's with it (one time code etc). What happens to the DLCs and other stuff I've paid for IF I completely remove CiV and try to re-install it from the CD?

I tried to run CiV SDK, after a period of loading it said that Civilization 5.exe is corrupt and so on.

I deleted the game and installed it again for the third time after trying some other fixes. Made sure to delete every civ related file on my hard drive, but it doesn't work. Really frustrating...

I didn't delete it, but after re-validating the game cache via steam the SECOND time, Steam reported something like "found 2 corrupt files which will be re-acquired", and HOORAY! the game started working again.

Funny that no corrupt files were discovered during the first re-validating:confused:

Top Bottom