Guess the UA/UB/UU of the civs

Maybe, but Prague isn't so I doubt Budapest will be. Would be funny if there an achievement for the Austrians for which you need to marry both Prague and Budapest.:lol:

Good point about Prague. Plus, they're really stripping militaristic city-states from the list so it's good to leave it around.

After finally getting that video interview to buffer enough to actually watch it without the pauses, I learned that I was partially correct about the Huns' UA. They raze cities faster than normal.

What would be the colors of Austria? Austria in Civ 5 is based on the Hapsburg Monarchy, whose colors are yellow and black which are the same as Russia's in Civ. I am pretty confident that the unique units for Austria will be a Jaeger and a Hussar

if they go with hussar, i wonder if it'll replace the knight or the lancer. i'd prefer lancer, since it probably fits more with the time frame and there are already a million knight replacements, but nothing upgrades to lancers.

Not sure why the Celts would have a UB with a Spanish namae.

With the religious aspect of the game, maybe the Celts with have a religious building, maybe nemeton, symbol stone or Pictish stone, or goodness forbid, stone circle. Or maybe a dun like in Civ 4.

Want to know what their next UU is. Coracle? Galloglass? Druid? Highlander?

What would be the colors of Austria? Austria in Civ 5 is based on the Hapsburg Monarchy, whose colors are yellow and black which are the same as Russia's in Civ. I am pretty confident that the unique units for Austria will be a Jaeger and a Hussar

Austria's colours are White on Red as shown in the PAX demo.

Maybe, but Prague isn't so I doubt Budapest will be. Would be funny if there an achievement for the Austrians for which you need to marry both Prague and Budapest.:lol:

I almost guarentee this (willing to bet on this). Had to check some hmwk before Spring Break ended. Somehow I ended on civfanatics again lol.

If it isn't an achievment I would do it anyways just for fun.

I guess the Austrian civ will include some Hungarian aspects, could be a midieval unit.

A longshot would be a Hungarian inspired Knight replacement and a Husar inspired Cavalry replacement.

But they definately need something special that is culture related.

Hungarian Hussars or Grenzers would come to mind as UU for Austria. UB, I don't know. Viennese coffee house? :p

After giving it some tought I came up with my guess for the Mayans, something to reflect their focus on calendars and how they used it to develop their intensive agriculture.

UA- Land of Pheasant and Deer

Gets a Free great Prophet with calendar, recieve faith every time a city grows.

UU: Atl atl, I guess its a composite bowman with bonus movement.
UI: Cenote Shrine- it replaces the Lumber Mill, +2 hammer, (another +1 after reseaching Civil Service), counts as fresh water source. Can only be built on jungle tiles.

----------

Ok the idea behind this is to have the Mayans being able to create a tall religous empire with a strong middle game.

Playing Mayans you should strive to making your cities grow, even if the faith bonus was small, it would help in spreading your religion. Free Prophet at calendar helps in this regard, plus you want to get those plantations as fast as possible anyway.

The jungle is a production hell...not for the Mayans, here's where the UI gets into play and its very important. The Mayan lumber Mill replacement, the Cenote Shrine, generates +2 hammers (to override the jungle penalty) and allows you to get that needed extra production. It also works as Oasis, allowing you to generate enough food to keep your cities growing. Spawning without rivers and hills in the middle of jungle oceans doesnt sound so bad now..wich is precisely what the Mayans did in real life.

Late game The mayans are not as competitive due to their faith focus, but can still manage, get University and your jungle tiles get even more valuable. Even if you dont spawn near jungles, the bonus faith on growth and free Prophet would be helpful.

So, what do you think?

i have a feeling that the maya will be getting a ball court, since the aztec and inca have had either their unit or building return in name, respectively, and i'm expecting the maya to follow that. i know the terrace is an improvement instead of building this time, but it's still called a terrace.

also, unique improvements don't replace anything.

I suspect Ball Court as well. The bigger question is what it replaces. I could see Circus where it doesn't require horses.

Personally, I'd like to see a Mayan Observatory that doesn't have the mountain requirement and gives a small faith bonus. It would play to their Mayan Calender theme too.

Yeah, but do they need to double count the calendar theme?

I suspect Ball Court as well. The bigger question is what it replaces. I could see Circus where it doesn't require horses.

Maybe it could replace the Colliseum (which really should be a Roman UB rather than a civ-wide building, anyway).

I think a ball court as coloseum replacement with +faith is likely. Ritual sacrifice was a big part of the game IIRC.

I would also like to see a temple/obseratory type building. I think a temple with science benefit would be better, but observatories with faith would work too.

I am really hoping they get 2 UBs though to differentiate them from the more warlike Aztecs

Top Bottom