Q&A with Dennis Shirk

Sooo... When you trade food or production between your own cities... Does it TAKE the food and production from one city and BRING IT to the other? Or is the starting city not affected and the only effect is a bonus to the receiving city?
i.e.
Paris loses 2 production, Tours gains 2 production
OR
Paris doesn't lose anything, Tours gains 2 production

ONo, that has been observed with the fact that Warsaw produced less food than it was meant to give, so it's the latter.

I don't know if I'm dumb or what but the first part of your sentence gives one answer and the other half says the reverse.

"Warsaw produced less food that it was meant to give" (i.e. the giving city LOSES (at least some?) of what it's giving away).

"... so it's the latter" (my "Paris doesn't lose anything" ie the giving city DOESN'T LOSE what it's giving away).

Edit: Oh wait I get it. Yes I'm dumb. Well the answer makes it kind of bring then. I thought that it'd be cool to develop super food-rich cities to feed the rest of your empire.

I like the fact that, with common religion giving bonus to tourism, there is now a more immediate link between cultural victory and spreading your religion to other civilizations.

Kate ignored those questions anyway and really most of her questions were BNW related and we found out quite some new things.

The worst question was: "What is your favored Civ-game"!

What do people expect him to answer? "Well, while Civ5 is great and I am working on this title every day of my life since several years and I am here to promote it's new expansion, I really prefere Civ4, as it was the true pinnacle of the series."

I think, some people should let things rest. I was just so annoyed that we lost time fore a really interesting question...

I was just so annoyed that we lost time fore a really interesting question...

yes, totally agree,
I don't understand the purpose of this guy who has been connected, who has been waiting for this 2k live for that kind of question.
All people there want to know more about the expansion, not about Dennis life! :mad:

i was disappointed to not hear of any research agreement changes, i know we may have less money now but RA's are the reason i end my games so much earlier than i should be able too. ( 1600-1700AD spaceships anyone? ) :(

Yes:D Christianity is being split!! I completely forgot :hehe: I am so glad because it's my favourite religion but it's hard to get. So now I get 3 eastern orthodoxy all the way.

I don't know if I'm dumb or what but the first part of your sentence gives one answer and the other half says the reverse.

"Warsaw produced less food that it was meant to give" (i.e. the giving city LOSES (at least some?) of what it's giving away).

"... so it's the latter" (my "Paris doesn't lose anything" ie the giving city DOESN'T LOSE what it's giving away).

Edit: Oh wait I get it. Yes I'm dumb. Well the answer makes it kind of bring then. I thought that it'd be cool to develop super food-rich cities to feed the rest of your empire.

"Alternately, you can set up the Trade Route within your empire, which allows you to funnel either food (with a Granary) or production (with a Workshop) to another of your cities. The best part of these internal Trade Routes is that you're actually producing these resources, rather than draining them from the city of origin."

From that new "Escapist" article.

Now that you're quoting me I see a typo in my post. I meant kind of "boring", not "bring". I was maybe exaggerating but it did seem more interesting when I thought there was an internal economy of hammers and foods that you could take from, say, a food-rich city and send to a food-poor city. The way it is now, you just create bonus food and production with internal trade routes.

Now that you're quoting me I see a typo in my post. I meant kind of "boring", not "bring". I was maybe exaggerating but it did seem more interesting when I thought there was an internal economy of hammers and foods that you could take from, say, a food-rich city and send to a food-poor city. The way it is now, you just create bonus food and production with internal trade routes.

Well, here's hoping that play-testing reveals what an exploit that might turn out to be, & make it far more dependent on the actual hammers/food the city is producing.

Aussie.

Top Bottom