escapist magazine 4/12/13

Out of those, Jakarta does seem the most plausible, although they could surprise everyone and introduce Canada or Australia. Or indeed Italy, but I don't rate their chances.

My African history isn't so hot - could Mombasa be part of a new African Civ?

The inclusion of Panama City could speak for a third maritime city-state being replaced.

And, incidentally, strongly implies Gran Colombia is not in. I always figured they were a dark horse, if anything, but if they were in, I'd expect Panama to be on their city list.

Syndey and Australia would be a real curveball.

Out of those, Jakarta does seem the most plausible, although they could surprise everyone and introduce Canada or Australia. Or indeed Italy, but I don't rate their chances.

My African history isn't so hot - could Mombasa be part of a new African Civ?

Mombasa lies in modern Kenya and as far as I know its not tied to any particularly well known (ancient) civilization.

Happy for Portuguese guys :) I hope they add Khazars or Göktürks or polish Hunnic UA.

I would like to see an Italian, Canadian, or Austrilian replace one of the maritimes, but that seems unlikely (mainly Canada and Australia). Maybe the 3rd expansion pack or a new DLC run.

Portugal, how I love thee at first sight. I love the colors. I love naval UUs. I love economic bonuses. Who is awesome? You're awesome, Portugal! :love:

Feitoria as an unique improvement for Portugal it can be build on CS territories. Cool!

If they're using Portugal to highlight the changes in the game, it could provide a free trade route with the target CS. Just a thought. :)

Mombasa lies in modern Kenya and as far as I know its not tied to any particularly well known (ancient) civilization.

Mombasa may of been part of a Swahili Civ, but the City State of Zanzibar rules that out

The Feitoria looks really cool -- I am curious to see what it does though. Perhaps provide a share of the City State's wealth, traits, happiness once you build it?

Jakarta being replaced or not, I think it's don't matter if they want to put a civ based on medieval Indonesia..
They can use the historical city list rather than the list from modern Indonesia..
For the example, Srivijayan capital is Palembang and Majapahit capital is Wilwatikta (in modern Trowulan City)..

The Feitoria looks really cool -- I am curious to see what it does though. Perhaps provide a share of the City State's wealth, traits, happiness once you build it?

It is implied that the city-state will share its resources with you if because of the UI. I suspect that you have to build the Feitoria there and then establish a trade route and your get the same benefits as being an Ally of that city-state.

Perhaps provide a share of the City State's wealth, traits, happiness once you build it?

Its from CS or other civs?

From the What We Know About Brave New World thread:
Portugal

- Leader - Maria I
- Capital - Lisbon
- Unique Ability -
- Unique Unit - Nau
- Unique Improvement - Allows you to take a share of neighboring civs resources

Top Bottom