Portugal Confirmed (NO JOKE)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is irrelevant whom the leader is. All that matters is the leader's (it could be nameless, doesn't matter) traits - UA, UU, UB. This personification of AI opponents is just weird to me and all of the debates around such.

Check the youtube video. Around time 4:30 you can see that the Nau has the ability to sell exotic goods once to a city state for gold.

Can I please have a link to this youtube video. I don't see a video from the OP's post link

It is irrelevant whom the leader is. All that matters is the leader's (it could be nameless, doesn't matter) traits - UA, UU, UB. This personification of AI opponents is just weird to me and all of the debates around such.

Well it's a game, which means its main purpose is for the user to have fun. I think users want to play against a Portugal they see as the best Portugal, not a substandard 18th century Portugal. You could say that the graphics for wonders, or the city art styles are 'irrelevant' too, but they add to the visual aspect and immersion of the game.

And going by the amount of work that the devs put into leaderheads, I would argue that they see the choice of leader as pretty significant.

Can I please have a link to this youtube video. I don't see a video from the OP's post link
I didn't post a link to a video. I posted a link to the article which has pictures of Zulu and Portugal.

I didn't post a link to a video. I posted a link to the article which has pictures of Zulu and Portugal.

I know that you didn't but the Plain_Tiger said there was a youtube video that showed her so I was asking if he/she would give a link to the video to which they are referring.

I know that you didn't but the Plain_Tiger said there was a youtube video that showed her so I was asking if he/she would give a link to the video to which they are referring.
I didn't know there was a video either.

Irrelevancy is up to the user. If people care about the personification of AI then they care about it. One thing I noticed about long-time civ players is that many of them tend to boil down the video game to x's and o's. It's a video game, let people enjoy the little things

Shaka as well. I new they had to add him. Who is the leader of Portugal though? Have they said?

Maria I ok.

Sure, but then they get all upset about the wrong or different leader getting chosen. It doesn't matter and one can enjoy the game just fine with whomever was chosen.

Sure, but then they get all upset about the wrong or different leader getting chosen. It doesn't matter and one can enjoy the game just fine with whomever was chosen.

I know. Who cares who the leader is.

It would be nice if the Carrack were able to build to build Feitorias on adjacent land tiles, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I guess you have to embark workers and send them across the globe?

I searched Civ 5 Portugal and nothing came up. I guess I wasn't specific enough.
Or too specific. 'Civ 5 Brave New World' is what I think I searched for, most recent results first. Especially when you know you're looking for somethng very recent you can be less specific in your search terms, as long as you let the most recent results come up first. 'Portugal' was too specific a search term, I think, for a presentation that covered the whole expansion.

I'm very happy with Portugal, by the way. Yeah, it's the Portugal of old, made along the same guide lines as the Civ III Portugal. Surprise factor 0%. Looking forward factor 100%. Carracks and trading; YEAH! Glad they're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom