Antiquity Site - JEWELS????

No. The Jewelry is probably just a placeholder icon. It doesn't say the tile actually provides jewelry.

It actually says nothing about luxuries; only Great Works and Landmarks. That opens up another question, though: since there is the possibility of a landmark, are archaeologists the replacements for the old Great Artists?

I guess it makes sense. Elsewhere it was revealed that the archaeological site could either be consumed for a Great Work, or turned into a tile improvement. And which two luxury resources are often associated with archaeological digs? Porcelain and jewellery (think of Roman pottery, for example).

I'm going with placeholder icon. Otherwise, there would probably be some info to suggest otherwise.

It is interesting to note that Great Artists can't create Landmarks anymore. Instead, it appears that they can only be done with Archaeologists. That makes a lot of sense because, looking at the Great Artist, their create a great work option already took the landmark spot, but I didn't realize landmarks would be retained.

At first I thought the title say Antiquity Site - JEWS?????

Where it says "Antiquity Site?" It's possible that it can give you jewels, but it doesn't say anything about it.

It has the Jewellery resource icon to the left of Antiquity Site.

Since they used old music for Pedro, that could easily be a placeholder.

It actually says nothing about luxuries; only Great Works and Landmarks. That opens up another question, though: since there is the possibility of a landmark, are archaeologists the replacements for the old Great Artists?

In the sense that they can create landmarks, that would seem to be the case.

Top Bottom