R.E.D. modpack

In general, I like it, too! However, I've got some problems with the little icons above the units, because they're not there. (These little blue thingies in your above post.)

Do only I have this problem? I didn't see any possibility to change that in options, either. :confused:

do you use another mod ?

I think that "Queen of the Iceni" have an option to desactivate the units icons, you should check that.

Spoiler :
Hi, been using your mod; great stuff.
One big problem.

I wanted to see if it was having an effect on turn times, as the animations for combat are just slightly longer then the original, but your mod seems to have done something strange. ( I play on greater then huge maps.)

I've now tried deleting it.
You mod seems to overwritten something. The game will not convert to the original unit graphics. I even tried playing a non-mod game and I still got your unit graphics.

Some assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, when melee engages bowman, most of the time the animation will hang at the end of combat for the two units for several seconds. (this is one of the things I think may be effecting turn time. I beleive the that AI move times are accounting for combat and move times, even though you can't see them.)

I have this problem too. Deleting the "cache"-folder didn't help. Please fix this.

Edit: Nevermind, I deleted the cache-folder again and it reverted to the normal graphics. I must have done something wrong before ^^;; Still, you probably should mention this in the description or something ^^

Edit2: It was another mod changing the unit appearance. Sorry for not being more thorough in my testing before posting ^^;;

After downloading the latest version (the one only on CFC) and playing it in conjunction with the Shiggs Earth mod (ads a few city states). R.E.D caused my game to crash on load. The map was a huge earth map, turn was about 70-something, around 100AD or so. After disabling (but not removing) the mod the save works fine.

However the mod seems to run fine with randomly generated maps and other scenarios so it's probably just some weirdo compatibility issue.

IM using it fine with Shiggs.. In fact I mainly only use Shiggs now ;)

yep, strange bug, hadn't tested Shiggs map yet, but no problem here so far with huge and giant earths. (had a few random crash in late game when the map scroll quickly between combats, but nothing else, autosaves always reload fine)

looks amazing haven't installed it yet,but i have only one objection

if you can please dont put on foot units in triangle formation
especially the legion which fighting in perfectly organized ranks made it so powerful

anyways good job :D

looks amazing haven't installed it yet,but i have only one objection

if you can please dont put on foot units in triangle formation
especially the legion which fighting in perfectly organized ranks made it so powerful

anyways good job :D

yes, triangle looks strange sometimes, I was hoping to find a way to have the legion move in square then attack in triangle, but that'll need c++ SDK at least afaik.

Next version will have Legion in square formation. :)

yes, triangle looks strange sometimes, I was hoping to find a way to have the legion move in square then attack in triangle, but that'll need c++ SDK at least afaik.

Next version will have Legion in square formation. :)

It will be PERFECT then!

Thank you for the reply,keep up the good work.

Legion aside,its the best mod around to my opinion,really adds something to the game

Cheers :)

Are you going to be working on updating this mod for the Mongols next? I noticed when playing the Mongol scenario that the new units are giant still.

I also agree about the Legions. A triangle formation for them looks silly. I can understand calvary in a wedge but not infantry.

the version posted here is already fixed for the Mongol units but I need to update the mod browser's version.

Thanks, great job!!

One thing: it would be very nice to have also all air units as multifigure units, like the fighter. This is also for realism since a single bomber would not do much damage...

yes, I'm using multifigure air units in my Stalingrad mod, and I may use this in R.E.D too (but limited to WW2 era planes)

I'm working on next version of R.E.D., I've got one good and one bad news...

the good : the arrows bug can be fixed.
the bad : it's not moddable, but require to remplace one original file...

Spoiler :

the roman legion will now use the square formation :

Spoiler :

I hope to upload the new version during this WE...

R.E.D. v0.6 is uploaded in the forum file section !

see first post for the version log, the biggest addition is some units (17) for diversity thanx to all the great unit makers here :D

the arrows bug can be fixed, see instruction in first post, and always remember to save your original files...

Roman Legion use a disciplined square formation, WW2 fighters use a 4 planes diamond formation

Would be very handy if the ingame mod browser version was updated too, but yea i love this mod :)

Btw, um, what if i dont HAVE any civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml file in my sid meier's civilization v\Resource\Common folder?
LOL, seriously. My game is pure vanilla in terms of the game folder itself, apart from my minor river color mod ofc (1 png changed).
Steam version, but hey ill put in your file and see if anything changes apart from your mods arrow fix :D

I forgot that initially the files are packed, that's good, it means that you could just put the file from the mod to the common folder and delete it when not using R.E.D., the game should use the unpacked file if it exist or the packed one if not.

if you still have the arrow bug for the archer after placing civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml in the game common folder, try to change this line in the config.ini (from "\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\") : LooseFilesOverridePAK = 0 to LooseFilesOverridePAK = 1

Top Bottom