"Fall Patch" announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although, I have to say I'm disappointed, CivFanatics. I expected to open this thread to find a huge amount of specualtion about a Polish DLC! :lol:

Yeah, we know that it just not gonna happen. I wish for a one, but oh well. There is a mod available on Steam Workshop adding Poland (there are 3 versions with different leaders, UU, UB and UA).

Can't wait for the patch. Maybe we will see less Austrian silliness. I'm excited :)

Lots of great stuff planned for this patch :goodjob:

One thing though: I didn't see any mention of a fix to the Mehal Sefari (Ethiopian unique unit, see this thread). The "Near Capital Bonus" goes negative the farther the unit is away from the capital--effectively making the unique unit and all subsequent upgrades useless. (Or maybe I am missing something and it has been fixed since I last checked.)

Awesome news! Can't wait!

I saw the "+25 heal upon pillage" and was like "Oh man, the AI better learn to pillage now or thats just another +1 for the players" and then further down the reading I was reassured. If they taught the AI to use mobile units to attack, pillage, move effectively...I will poop my pants! Jannissarie nerf, Sipahi boost.

I am sad, given the quantity of CS fixes, to not see a redress of an issue I have had in more than one game where an AI performs multiple coups several turns in a row in the Industrial Era without the National Intelligence Agency.

that's subtly added in the section about AIs and coups (not doing it as often via waiting for a higher % before couping).

Will there be a Vanilla patch?

But if this patch is not for vanilla, why is it in the vanilla subforum of civfanatics?

This is the GD discussion area for Civ 5, not the vanilla area (even though there is a G&K area currently).

Although, I have to say I'm disappointed, CivFanatics. I expected to open this thread to find a huge amount of specualtion about a Polish DLC! :lol:

It took 6 hrs before someone even mentioned it. Ofc, we don't have the troll threads about 'X civ must be in the game or I'll @#$@#" like the 2K forums has. Over there, I'd expect mass trolling about the Polish Dawn of Man statement.

The patch looks great! I am looking forward to it being released. I am also surprised that there hasn't been any argument if Poland is being added, in truth I could care less which new civ they may add all I care is that there is a new civ. If it is Poland it would be a nice addition.

Lots of great stuff planned for this patch :goodjob:

One thing though: I didn't see any mention of a fix to the Mehal Sefari (Ethiopian unique unit, see this thread). The "Near Capital Bonus" goes negative the farther the unit is away from the capital--effectively making the unique unit and all subsequent upgrades useless. (Or maybe I am missing something and it has been fixed since I last checked.)

This has been fixed. For some reason it didn't make it into the patch notes.

Am I the only one not liking the new randomness associated with prize ships? Sure, it was too strong before, but I don't think chance is needed to fix it; just look at how hit-or-miss Germany is, depending on whether they switch the first barbarian camp they find, or they don't get any extra unit in any of the first three...

bolded the relevant part.

It's fairly consistent on the chances still. But now it's about the combat strength ratios. So wandering a Privateer up to a Battleship (or nuclear sub) is a lot less effective.

Don't treat player as a deal breaker just for going to war with a player again.

Does this mean that I can still get really good peace deals, even after I DOWed the same people again and again, after I smash their armies really badly?

Holy amazing god of greatness. Everything I've ever griped about, fixed!
-Ai will consider annexing cities they've conquered
I bet the coding before was just "if conquer city, puppet"

It's good to finally see this, however I wonder how much difference it makes to an AI anyway? Doesn't the AI use the same code to determine what to build in a puppet as it does for its own cities?

Piquing my interest:

- No more annoying "fallout is a tile improvement" notifications
- At least a slight fix to the problem of AIs reallocating citizens when you manually reallocate others.
- Advanced settings saved across games.
- Better AI worker management hopefully means no enemy AI workers randomly wandering through my territory during wartime.
- No sitting aimlessly with settlers at the edge of AI territory waiting for them to be captured
- If the AI actually attempts to recapture workers/settlers more than 4 tiles away, it may actually be more aggressive in reclaiming them from barbarians.
- 200% vs cities not retained on upgrade (i.e. Hwach'a fixed)
- scrolling bug fix

Love the new content of the Grand Temple and the restart game. +25HP on pillage is a weird addition, but could be really cool gameplay.

Yes, I wondered why there was no religious national wonder - not sure about the name; if they have unique structures like Circus Maximus and Oxford University as National Wonders, they could have given this a name like Temple of Solomon.

+25 on pillage, I think, was trialled in the Fall of Rome scenario (one of the UAs). Apparently they liked it. Yes, it's a bit odd, and I do like the implications for Denmark - not too strong since it is still most effective when they disembark and so limited to the same coastal applications as their UA generally is (and coastal sites already have to worry about Denmark if Harald's a player rather than an AI) to get any benefit over everyone else.

Does this mean that I can still get really good peace deals, even after I DOWed the same people again and again, after I smash their armies really badly?

don't break a deal when doing it though.

Which means that the peace treaty deal (30 turns on standard if something was attached to it) can't be broken by you if you want more stuff.

This is a great patch, it makes me a very happy puppy!

(And the word 'Polish' is badly chosen, I keep asking myself: Are we getting it in the English version too? But it's not the Poland-Polish, but the shiny-Polish).
First read through I skipped that section because I thought it was in reference to the Poland localized version....

Wow, this is a HUGE patch! Sadly, the Ottomans got a huge nerf in its UA and Janissaries, though the Sipahis got buffed...

I really liked the Austrian nerf, it was quite OP. Denmark now is gonna rock. Byzantium will surely benefit a lot from the Grand Temple.

don't break a deal when doing it though.

Which means that the peace treaty deal (30 turns on standard if something was attached to it) can't be broken by you if you want more stuff.

This is a great day for the Golden Horde

[insert emoticon on Monday]

Added ability to liberate cities that are not owned by their founders or originally owned by the player. The player will receive a diplomacy bonus with the liberated player for liberating up to three cities. This liberation is not part of the "recalled to life" resurrection of a once annihilated civ. This functionality only runs if the city liberated is owned by a player that is alive. There are two ways to lose the diplomatic liberation bonus are:
Declare war on someone you have liberated cities for. You have to be the first player declaring war. This does not count defensive pacts or someone you liberated declaring war on you.
Capturing a city from someone you liberated. This case comes into play if A liberated a city of C's, then A & B have a defensive pact, C declares war on A & B, then A captures a city of C's. C will forget that A liberated any of their cities.
The AI will now liberate cities and resurrect players. There are notifications when the AI resurrects players and cities. An AI will resurrect another (non-human) player when they are trying to win a diplomatic victory. An AI will return a city if the original owner of the city has a defensive pact with the player and they are both at war with the previous owner of the city, or, the AI and the original owner have a declaration of friendship and the AI is going for a diplomatic victory.

YES!!!!!! This is one thing I've been asking for for awhile. Thank you so much Firaxis. I like that they've thought through how it should work in a way that is probably more balanced than my suggestion (which was unconditional). Either way, great change. I also like that the AI will go ahead and do this under appropriate conditions.

PRO: The ability to reseed a new map at turn 0, which was only doable with a mod! AWESOME.

CON: Still now way to save your advanced settings in the home menu? This simple and basic lacking function means that the 'PLAY NOW' option is always useless, as I will never play a game on cheiftan settings.

In any case, cool all around. Any release date?

This has been fixed. For some reason it didn't make it into the patch notes.

Thanks. What is the cap these days - 0% how many tiles away?

Also, someone is going to have to explain to me exactly how the Austrian UA fix will fix anything o.o

CON: Still now way to save your advanced settings in the home menu? This simple and basic lacking function means that the 'PLAY NOW' option is always useless, as I will never play a game on cheiftan settings.

Not sure what you're asking for here - 'Play Now' always starts a game with the last settings you enabled on the Setup screen. So my standard settings always start my games on Immortal or Deity (whichever I last played) on a shuffle map, random map size, as whichever leader I last selected. I think you may need to select the difficulty and leader from the main dropdown rather than the advanced settings menu for it to stick, though map type has been retained since G&K hit.

What I assumed was meant by 'advanced settings' saving between single-player games - something that is listed in the patch notes - was stuff like "my settings are to always start games/saves with 'Show Workable Tiles' enabled", since it's a key annoyance in Civ V that this in particular not only doesn't save between games, but it's also not restored if I load a saved game, and I therefore have to enable it every time I open the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom