Bug Reports

Had a strange one the other day...

I was playing as the Inca (how normal) with start as minors. With Sumeria being one of my neighbors I went off to conquer them (took awhile). On their last turn before being eliminated, they founded Confucianism. Then, abit later, they respawned as a revolt. After they took a city, Sumeria founded Islam (before anyone had founded Christianity or Taoism and they did not have Divine Right).

I'd imagine it'd be a pretty rare bug though...

Hey everybody, I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, (I searched around for a while) but I'm having a pretty odd bug. I'm running the newest version of Revolutions for Warlords (1.00w I think.) and I have Civilization Gold installed on Vista.
I have already addressed the issue with the interface not appearing, and the CvPath issue. After all this though, when I load the mod and play any of the maps that came with the mod download(or any for that matter), it loads and runs properly, but none of the components of the mod are on. In short, the mod is loaded and running, yet it's just a normal game of Civ IV Warlords. No Revolutions, no keyboard shortcuts, No BarbCivs, nothing.
Help please?

I have an odd problem; I cannot see the alert board that is shown on the screen, where it tells you all the DoW's, peace treaties, random events, revolutions, etc.

HOWEVER, when I click on the little icon in the top-left corner, I can see all these announcements just fine. What the heck is wrong???

This might have been mentioned before, however: the Revolutions mod allows AI opponents to declare war mere turns (as in less than 10) after you've made peace with them, wether or not for a fee, if a city of yours wants to join them and you refuse. Is this intentional?

Eh people your comments are excellent but just want to make sure that newcomers realise that the latest version of Revolutions is in the RevolutionDCM project. It's been that way for a few years now.
Cheers

Eh people your comments are excellent but just want to make sure that newcomers realise that the latest version of Revolutions is in the RevolutionDCM project. It's been that way for a few years now.
Cheers

So, this is not, in fact, the latest version of RevDCM?

Cheers

I know, and I'm using the one incorporated in the Giant Earth Map. This is the forum for questions, comments and bug-reports, right?

I'm getting a really annoying bug when playing. I'm using the latest version of Caveman2Cosmos, and whenever I have a revolution occur, the units inside the city get kicked out of the city and the new civilization spawns a bunch of units in the city. This even happens when barbarians spawn instead of a new civilization, except that the barbarians just raze the city.

I've also seen it happen with other civilizations. In the same game, I was bordering Portugal and Spain rose up in revolt. The Portugese had about 8 archers and assorted troops kicked out of their city and the Spanish spawned on it.

The only way i've found to prevent this is to save the game the turn before the revolt happens, then letting the revolt go through and get your city get taken, then reloading to the turn before. When I do that, no units spawn at all. All that happens is the city revolts for x number of turns, then settles down.

If anyone knows a way to fix this, please let me know. It's pretty crippling.

So, this is not, in fact, the latest version of RevDCM?

The Caesar this forum is for the Revolutions modpack which stopped active development years ago. People still ask questions about Revolutions at this forum but all of the latest Revolutions development is in the RevolutionDCM mod:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=262937

Some years ago the developer of Revolutions combined forces with DCM and so we now have the "RevolutionDCM" mod. Please, if you have problems with Revolutions, make sure you are using RevolutionDCM latest version and nothing else.

Cheers

i have civ 4 warlords gold i dont think its the mods fault but mine i cant find the cache but i can play other mods perfectly all the time wtf.:confused:
its version 1 of revolution and 2.1.3 for warlords im sad...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time is the greatest of all teachers but it kill all of its pupils
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod always worked fine, for me. Recently, I acquired Steam's Civilization IV Complete Edition (which is basically Civilization IV + expansion packs, all as separate games - and yes, Beyond the Sword was actually already updated to 3.19). And now I've run into some issues.

This, for example, when I try to change 'Available' and 'Cannot move'. Looking at CvMainInterface.py, the appropriate section is indeed missing. Google leads me to, for example, this (from here), but that doesn't exist in my CvMainInterface.py (see the attached file).

Another problem that I've noticed is that the scoreboard doesn't show religions (which leader has which religion).

There easily could be more problems... Does anyone know anything?

Attachments

• CvMainInterface.rar
    37.1 KB · Views: 338
Report any and all bugs and questionable behavior here.

Known issues:
SDK
changePlayer
- unit art styles don't change
yes the main problem is ranged bombardment from archery units that makes the game unbalanced and too easy, just spam as many crossbowman/longbowman as possible then take them to war, I managed to wip a big civilization with tech ahead of me (with modern armor), with just 10 longbowman and 30 tanks (set was huge map plaints so enemy got 100 tanks+), anyway numbers doesn't matter, a group of archers can destroy any civ when paired with units capable of city assault at any era. Makes the game completely rubbish and unplayable. Other than that I love the idea but needs to be tweaked ASAP, tank should not take damage from archers btw.

Top Bottom