Bug or programming oversight?

stormtrooper412

Peacemongering Turtlesaur
There's a fine little detail involved in luxury deals. In my Morocco DCL writeup, I forgot to mention it, at one point, one of the civs managed to ban a luxury, rendering it useless to have around, right?

Not really, because when I bribed other guys to go and attack others, which is the key part of any turtle strategy that doesn't end up with launching while everyone else is wondering which side of the gun the bullet comes out of :D, the players asked for the banned luxury as payment. Since that particular luxury did me no good, I basically didn't pay anything. It kept happening throughout the game.

Basically, if you have a banned luxury, trade it for free money, or if you're in a pinch, just give it away for diplomatic purposes. That can't be right?

edit: I guess what I wrote as a title is a bit of tautology, derp

Interesting, I have not experienced banned luxes showing up on either side of the trade screen. OTOH, I am certain that I have had newly acquired banned luxes trigger CS quests. That one seems strange to me. Maybe even WLTKD? I am not sure about that.

I make a point of selling banned luxes if they coming up for a vote.

The AIs seem more random than strategic in proposing to ban a lux. Often, the lux is one controlled by a hated AI, so that makes sense, but banning a CS-only lux? As with embargoing the CS, how does that help the AI player? The AIs pursue CS quests, so at the very least they are limiting some longer term options. Do the AI sometimes make proposals randomly?

OTOH, I am certain that I have had newly acquired banned luxes trigger CS quests. That one seems strange to me. Maybe even WLTKD? I am not sure about that.
Well that one can go both ways - it's similar to city states giving you the trade route quest when city state trading is banned. I don't think that's a bug but rather a feature, in the sense that it will give you some incentive to repeal those resolutions.

Top Bottom