Installing patch 3.19

need my speed

Rex Omnium Imperarium
Recently, I got myself a new PC (with Windows 7, by the way, which I had on my previous PC as well). This PC, of course, wouldn't be complete without Civilization IV Beyond the Sword (and my mod). But for some reason, I can't install this patch anymore; I've tried downloading it from all the few sites I could find that still provide access to the patch without a corrupt .zip file, but the .exe continuously gives the same error:

The above error, in text:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
>SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (849)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (http://www.2kgames.com/civ4)
PGUID:32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989
$12.0.0.58855PAK
@Windows XP Service Pack 1 (7601) BT_OTHER 55308.24

I have installed 3.17 both by checking for updates in-game as well as manually downloading the 3.17 patch. The game doesn't see any new updates after 3.17; it doesn't find 3.19 so I can't install it through the game. I'm using Beyond the Sword's original .exe; no fixed .exe or crack or anything.

The in-game patcher installers no longer work. They link to a Firaxis site page that no longer exists. Did you download the 3.19 patch from the patch link in the Forum "Patch & Update" area? If not, I would suggest doing that first. Make sure that you give both the exe and the patch installer Admin authority using the "Properties" section from the right click menu. If you installed CIV in the default location, Win 7 blocks the programs ability to make changes as part of security unless you give the Admin authority to the program. If neither of these thing is the problem, someone more knowledgable of the error codes than I am will hopefully be along soon.

I did, but it didn't help I'm afraid. However, I tried it with another WiFi USB thingy (you get what I mean), and that worked; I used my old one, downloaded the patch again, and lo and behold, everything works fine. I can now enjoy my mod on a shiny 1920x1080 screen with an SSD and lots of awesomeness.

Thanks for your help though! :)

Top Bottom