How to play without the disc?

stebbinsd

Chieftain
Please read the entire thing before you jump to conclusions. I know it sounds like I'm seeking advice on pirating, but I'm not.

The thing is ... I have a new computer. This computer, however, doesn't have a disc drive! So, I'm having to buy an external one.

My new computer only has a few USB ports. I want to keep my two front USB ports available as much as possible. As such, I'd prefer to only have to plug in the external disc drive when I absolutely have to.

I know there are some sites where I can get some code to make the game think that the disc is in the tray. To protect against full-blown game piracy, this code only works if the game has already been installed by legit means.

I absolutely can prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that I bought the game legitimately. I can produce all five discs (three for the vanilla game, and two for BtS), the two instructions manuals that came with them, and the jewel case that contains the discs. I can also produce an email receipt that I obtained from Ebay when I first purchased this game.

So, now that you know I bought the game legit, and I have a legit reason for wanting this bypass code that isn't related to simply pirating the game, can somebody please send me a PM (that way, no would-be pirates could get the link from this thread) showing me where to get this bypass code?

In the future, I'll just download off steam. But I don't think I should have to pay extra to re-purchase a game I already have.

The 3.19 BTS patch lets you play without a disc. Although I don't know how to accomplish what you are asking for all other versions, I can tell you that for all versions of CIV that require the disc, you only need it to be in the drive at initial bootup of the game. Once the disc check has been done, you can eject or unmount the disc and, if you like, shut off and even disconnect the disc drive. I find the fan from my external DVD drive annoying, so that is what I do.

Its OK for BTS only. To play vanilla CIV4 you need the disk inserted. Its really uncomfortable. My original CIV disk and books is 10 years old and steal alive because i keep them in original box))

I use virtual CD software and cd clone. There is free software and clon of CD is not big problem.

Steam installation will cause some problems with HOF mod, be aware.

Top Bottom