MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

THIS IS THE 24 HOUR WARNING. Anyone that has not sent their Update 0 orders (this would be Abaddon, Amon Savag, germanicus12 and Jason the King) will start WITHOUT A TECHNOLOGY, and will have to investigate 5 technologies on their own to access to Bronze Age (unlike the others who will only have to research 4 things).

- Yes, Abaddon, I know that you have already put a photograph, but I am not going to do what you should have already done. Just make something up and when you get Animal Husbandry you can have your Tiger Cavalry.

- Amon Savag: you could have sent your Land UU and Navy UU sooner, especially considering that you already knew that you had to do it.

- Jason & germanicus: I am truly disappointed with both of you. I know that you have been around the forum several times, and you must have read all the posts I have put up regarding the lack of orders and the consequences of this situation remaining until 2 PM GMT+1 tomorrow. I am a rookie in modding, not an idiot. And don't try to sweet-talk me into giving up, I know that you have had ample time to send me a PM with the required information.

Claiming Sarawak.

- Jason & germanicus: I am truly disappointed with both of you. I know that you have been around the forum several times, and you must have read all the posts I have put up regarding the lack of orders and the consequences of this situation remaining until 2 PM GMT+1 tomorrow. I am a rookie in modding, not an idiot. And don't try to sweet-talk me into giving up, I know that you have had ample time to send me a PM with the required information.

Milarqui is certainly not amused...

Milarqui is like Early Iggy except stricker and less patient... I suspect his first NES will be almost as awesome as Iggy's first.

He certainly gone into Respected Player Level faster than me. (If he ever was a Newbie at all, I have a feeling he lurked and didn't join for a long time.)

Milarqui is like Early Iggy except stricker and less patient... I suspect his first NES will be almost as awesome as Iggy's first.

He certainly gone into Respected Player Level faster than me. (If he ever was a Newbie at all, I have a feeling he lurked and didn't join for a long time.)

Oh, I lurked around once... when I saw the massacre the guy controlling the Bourbon Empire did of Spain, getting it dismembered into 5 countries after being a big superpower and deciding to attack the Germans in the back. This was in TWTUD, of course. My first attempt to play a NES was A Brave New World, but after three attempts to take a hold of one country (Denmark, Greece and finally Sauk) the NES got cancelled, and TWTUD II (my second attempt on a NES, this time as Andalusia) only lasted 3 turns. Times for Heroes was really good, too, but CrezNES was really the first NES I played for enough to get really fond of it.

I certainly hope that this NES works out to be nice. I've already written part of the update (as there is no interaction between players yet, there is no problem with it), and I am hoping that those people I mentioned before are planning to send their orders in really soon.

EDIT: I have made a small change in one of the rules, to make it more realistic. The level of the army can be raised by paying, in EC, a quantity of money equal to the current level of the army times the number of units you have, instead of only the current level in EC. This is associated to the fact that having a bigger army makes it more difficult to upgrade it. The rule of how to upgrade units is still the same.

I have also managed to write several new technologies for the Dark Ages. I am still 2 techs short. If someone can tell me one possible technology that can be derived from Sanitation, it'll be great.

I still don't get it.. without any techs, how can my men be any different than anyone else?

I don't know any other weapons yet.. I don't know "tactics".. I certainly can't fly or sail.

Perhaps my UU's are just an eliete version of my clubmen?

Ok, my current UU is highly athletic,an damn good with a club...

No iron, no bronze and no cavalry doesn't mean that you have no other weapons apart from the club, and it certainly doesn't mean that you can't make differences without them.

I already told you that one of the NPCs Land UUU whistles to communicate, which improves their tactical skill. Other of my NPCs' Land UU is just a slinger that can shoot several stones with his or her sling as if it was a repeating sling.

See, you can get a special unit without having to run directly into a technology. Of course, if you get Animal Husbandry instead of Agriculture, you could have an earlier version of the Tiger Cavalry. You decide.

Look. I don't NEED a UU from turn one. I will probably not even build any units of it until I am at war with another nation.

I SENT orders as soon as you posted this thread!

My land UU is as irrelevant to my nations creation as my AIR UU will be.

[/grump] I'm hung-over. Deal with it.

Or there are spears, bows, blowguns, darts, axes, knifes etc. if you don't like the sling. Stone Age people were not stupid, they could make many of the weapons most people think only arose with metals. As well as various other possibilities for example my UU is a Celtic berserker. Oh Mil a couple of other things for my UU. They take several herbal drugs before combat to increase their ferocity and dull pain and their clubs have sharpened pieces of serrated flint set into them to further increase their effectiveness.

Mil why on Earth is archery a Bronze Age tech. We know that stone age people were capable of making bows and did make and use bows. I cite the examples of native tribes around the world using bows independent of each other with only stone tools to make them as evidence of this.

EDIT: You may not need a land UU but the mod is requesting you design one so design one! You can always change it later.

Look. I don't NEED a UU from turn one. I will probably not even build any units of it until I am at war with another nation.

I SENT orders as soon as you posted this thread!

My land UU is as irrelevant to my nations creation as my AIR UU will be.

[/grump] I'm hung-over. Deal with it.

OK. Let's answer three easy questions: Who rules here in this NES? Who says what is important? Who says what matters and what not?

The answer to the three is the same: ME.

In your own NES, you expect people to follow the rules you have placed, no? Then, it's obvious that I expect people to follow my rules. And believe me, you might need those units, because you might need them to face barbarians (there are barbarians in here, in spite of what you believe). Remember the Zulus in CrezNES? Even though they were practically alone, they invented their own UU and see how good it was: they managed to conquer 50% of Africa.

I'm not trying to be snarky or something like that, I'm just underlining the fact that I asked for an UU nearly since the start. If you are so desperate to have a Tiger Cavalry, just send orders to change from Agriculture to Animal Husbandry and a description of the Tiger Cavalry and you are set.

@Vertinari: OK about your unit, I'll make sure to change the description. As for why Archery is a Bronze Age Tech: it's just to make sure that there is a "curve of learning", so to speak. As you can see, you don't need Bronze Making, just Lance-Propeller, to research Archery. If I tried to put too many techs in one age, I'd find myself without them in the next ages. Archery is only on Bronze Age for game purposes, it's not supposed to be an exact copy of RL. I'm trying to keep it as close to RL as possible, but since the Lance-Propeller is more ancient than the bow, then I put it in the first age, and having Lance-Propeller and Archery in the same age would become quite difficult, especially since I want to limit the number of techs

@Milarqui:

Ever thought about a "Technological Neighbour Bonus"?

I mean something like this:

Civ A has Tech A, Civ B hasn't Tech A. If they are (good) neighbours Civ B will gain a certain amount of research for Tech A, i.e. 10%/turn. It'll speed up the tech race a bit, but also has some realism in it.

Eugh...

Did you not read I am hungover... not high keen on some newb laying down the law like its new.. :rolleyes:

I'll have my damn tiger cav in a matter of turns, when i discover AH. Until then, My UU is just some badass Clubmen who wistle to keep themselves happy.

Once discovered AH, they will become badass mounted clubmen wholegend says once you hear their wistle, you may as well start praying cos your already dead.

@Milarqui:

Ever thought about a "Technological Neighbour Bonus"?

I mean something like this:

Civ A has Tech A, Civ B hasn't Tech A. If they are (good) neighbours Civ B will gain a certain amount of research for Tech A, i.e. 10%/turn. It'll speed up the tech race a bit, but also has some realism in it.

Well, it could work. However, at this moment the only ones who would be affected by it would be Rome and Milan, as they are the only ones who are near enough to be considered neighbours. I ask everyone that you send me a PM regarding whether you want this rule in.

Eugh...

Did you not read I am hungover... not high keen on some newb laying down the law like its new.. :rolleyes:

I'll have my damn tiger cav in a matter of turns, when i discover AH. Until then, My UU is just some badass Clubmen who wistle to keep themselves happy.

Once discovered AH, they will become badass mounted clubmen wholegend says once you hear their wistle, you may as well start praying cos your already dead.

Seems that, in your hungover, you didn't consider option 2: you get AH NOW and you can have your Tiger Cavalry NOW.

Don't want or need it now. Do want and need agriculture.

Well, it could work. However, at this moment the only ones who would be affected by it would be Rome and Milan, as they are the only ones who are near enough to be considered neighbours. I ask everyone that you send me a PM regarding whether you want this rule in.

It would be a 'cradle' of civilization, so to speak.

Whats wrong with what I just wrote?

I did give you a land UU!

I think he wants to have a UU similar to the example you described.

Top Bottom