Ingame Editor

Edit: Which after looking around the BE forums is disappointing because apparently BE is very similar to Civ5 under the hood.
I bet it is: the video I saw gave me the feeling of a civ5 dlc so it is likely that not much changed under the hood.

But then, even if in the best case (I doubt so) I could produce a stripped down version of IGE in two hours, after that there would be bugs, missing features, breaking changes patch after patch, users' questions and support, etc. And *this* would amount from dozens to hundreds of hours.

I really hope that someone takes over IGE and adapts it for BE. But I currently work 80h a week, I don't even have the time to play video games, and IGE was a 500h+ work over two years.

IGE is open source, the solution is published on sourceforce, it has a GPL license, and the code is more than decent. If anyone wants to take it over he has my blessing. But I won't.

Thank you for all your work on IGE over the years. I've been using since release, and without it I could never have undertaken any of my mods.

The same count for me, it would be a mess for us modders to check all our mods without this awesome mod.
Bigs thanks to my Lord Don;)

its a shame that you wont be doing this for BE since IGE is probably the best tool to editing your game ive ever seen. :)

i guess il have to stick to trainers for now.

@DonQuiche - I have been trying to use your IGE for 4 days now and still can't get it to work I am on Civ 5 mac v1.0.9.34384 and I set up a game and it starts loading but then it freezes and does the rainbow circle thing and it makes the screen small so i can see the desktop and close it out but I can enable other mods. plz help because I really would like to use your mod because it looks amazing. Thank you

I bet it is: the video I saw gave me the feeling of a civ5 dlc so it is likely that not much changed under the hood.

But then, even if in the best case (I doubt so) I could produce a stripped down version of IGE in two hours, after that there would be bugs, missing features, breaking changes patch after patch, users' questions and support, etc. And *this* would amount from dozens to hundreds of hours.

I really hope that someone takes over IGE and adapts it for BE. But I currently work 80h a week, I don't even have the time to play video games, and IGE was a 500h+ work over two years.

IGE is open source, the solution is published on sourceforce, it has a GPL license, and the code is more than decent. If anyone wants to take it over he has my blessing. But I won't.

Thank you for all your work on IGE over the years. I've been using since release, and without it I could never have undertaken any of my mods.

Best, FA

Same here! Very much appreciate the amount of time and work you put into IGE!

DonQuiche, you also have my thanks for this tool it was a fine piece of kit.

Shame you wont be carrying it on for BE but well understand :)

80+hrs a week what do you do for a living Don?

Regards

Riker13 :crazyeye:

Thanks to all of you. And Gilgamesch, I know how much work you must have put in your own work. :)

@Spanners
I do not know what this rainbow circle thing is and afaik IGE is not related.

@Riker13
I am a programmer and I founded my startup, hence why I am so busy.

@Spanners
I do not know what this rainbow circle thing is and afaik IGE is not related.

The rainbow circle thing is the Mac OS equivalent of the Windows egg timer. It indicates that the program has hung.

@Spanners
IGE works find in my Steam copy of Civ5. However, I don't recognise your version number v1.0.9.34384. Where did you get it?

PS. Have you looked around the Mac forum? There's a lot of information specific to the Mac versions about installing mods.

@DonQuiche
ok thankyou

@AlanH
it is the retail version. and no i haven't but thank you i will look now.

A pity, but very understandable, of course. :)

For what it's worth, you have my sincere gratitude for the -rather excellent- job you did with the IGE.

Best of luck with your start-up, Don ;)

Next game I start I'll create an island in the sun and call it Quishemir. Local mayor will probably be called Don Quishtrobal. Mmmm... mayby not... :D

Hi, I just ran into a problem that I don't see listed yet, I can hardly imagine that nobody has run into it before, though.

I just used IGE to move a CS settler a tile along (delete - place new), as it had a sea luxury but the CS settler had spawned a tile inland - this sometimes happens in the default game. So I thought I'd just move it a tile towards the coast so the CS would have access to its own resource - easy, right?
The problem is my newly placed settler didn't settle, but started to wander about aimlessly. I repeated it a few times on different maps - same result. Then I tested it with a settler from a real civ - same story.
It looks like settlers that IGE places are missing the instruction to settle.

I probably need to use Firaxis' World Builder for what I want to do, although if somebody has any idea how to put a settler on the map successfully with IGE I would be very grateful for that advice.

EDIT: I overlooked something!!! IGE has a teleport function. I must teleport the settler, then everything's okay. I don't know if DonQuiche knew placing settlers doesn't work and therefore created this teleport option, but it just goes to show what a brilliant and well thought out tool IGE is. As long as it doesn't fall in the hands of stupid people like me, of course.
Problem solved, forget what I wrote above, although it may be handy for some to know placing settlers with IGE doesn't work. World Builder would not have helped me either though; I would have had to place every unit in the game manually on it again, I wasn't going to do that.

Just wondering Don. You going have IGE in the Civ: Beyond Earth?

He already answered this question ;)

Could someone point me to a valid thread where I can get help in setting up a game where certain civs start the game at war with each other? I've searched with little success. I DO have this editor and the "Really Advanced Setup" menu MOD.

I use a legal, updated version of the game in windows 7.
When i select city tile with IGE(and click on the add building icons), there is a grey writing in the bottom of the explanations.
Same thing when i add improvements to a tile.
Also, some buildings added by other mods appear in the building list as ???.

So far there are issues with IGE: BE. expand border not working and the up grade troops not working much either. As not compatible with other mods much.

Top Bottom