Civ 5: Echoes of Ages

I keep getting crashes with this version too..
I generally don't unmodded (played all day yesterday without a hitch) and I haven't before with previous versions of the mod

I'm not a ton of help there unfortunately.. I went from 27 to 45
as for the type of crashes, its unresponsiveness.

all animations stop and the game hangs, but you can still move your cursor around, and it's still the in-game cursor except for the center of the screen where it turns into a windows cursor (as if there's an invisible error box there)

Just redirecting that to here:
Never mind, I found the problem. It's the Echo's of Ages mod. I ran the testing three times, the games freezes with the mod active, doesn't freeze without it. Which is a shame, because I LOVE that mod.

Somewhere below version 43 of that mod, it worked just fine, but after that version it freezes up on me including the newest, version 45.

For whatever it's worth: I've gone about 75-100 or so turns with V45 (twice)! No crashes or anything unusual at all. Only problem is I keep getting my butt kicked! :D Playing as America, Immortal, standard small continents, standard time.

Wonderful news. I can't wait until I'm home and can try this out. This is my favorite mod. I love playing the game with this mod and the "buildings upgrade" mod.

Thanks for confirming :) It's always hard to know if you've completely fixed something when your the only one who's tested. :)

Had I noticed this forum, I would have said something sooner. I'm more of a "user" than an innovator. I'm freaking 60 this year. It's easier to live this game off other folks work. LOL.

Thanks for your work on this mod. It's a wonderful mod. I can't image playing Civ 5 without it. :)

It started freezing up again. I played one game all the way through, then the second one began to freeze up.

That seems to have worked. I made it to turn 276 before winning. Thanks. :D

Top Bottom